• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Boring?! How many ways can you enjoy an apple? You can pretty much turn an apple into anything. The fuck you gonna get out of an orange, unless you really enjoy peeling or something.
Apples with peanut butter. Apples with pepper jack cheese. Apples in salad. Apples on pizza.

Apples win.

Well duh. It's just that nearly all marketing and such is pushed at promoting unhealthy life styles. I'd wager most kids, their parents, and many adults don't know any better and it's helping to form unhealthy habits early on and helping to fill out the stereotypical gamer. Pun intended.

But yeah, moderation and self control are key.
If you had a product you would be aggressively marketing it as well; that is how business works.

If anyone does not know that Doritos aren't healthy they have bigger problems than "falling for marketing". As far as kids go: Parents pay for their children's food and should regulate what they eat; my mom would buy me chips but she would also make sure that I ate my vegetables as a kid. I cannot fathom why GAF and others think that the government should do more to regulate peoples' diet or that the makers of unhealthy foods are to blame. The only person to blame for obesity is the people who chose to be obese to begin with. I choose to play Halo. I choose to workout. I choose to eat Doritos sometimes. If people lack self control then they can only blame themselves for their weight. That is like blaming a car manufacturer or Budweiser for someones choice to drink and drive. People are so quick to blame others for their actions; society constantly claims to be a victim. It is time for people to grow up and take responsibility for their actions be it their diet or driving recklessly.

zlatko

Banned
Alright HaloGAF! Show us, in one .gif or .jpg, the way you will feel when you finally have your copy of H4 in your hands.

I'll start:

freshprincedance1mllm.gif

senador

Banned
If you had a product you would be aggressively marketing it as well; that is how business works.

If anyone does not know that Doritos aren't healthy they have bigger problems than "falling for marketing". As far as kids go: Parents pay for their children's food and should regulate what they eat; my mom would buy me chips but she would also make sure that I ate my vegetables as a kid. I cannot fathom why GAF and others think that the government should do more to regulate peoples' diet or that the makers of unhealthy foods are to blame. The only person to blame for obesity is the people who chose to be obese to begin with. I choose to play Halo. I choose to workout. I choose to eat Doritos sometimes. If people lack self control then they can only blame themselves for their weight. That is like blaming a car manufacturer or Budweiser for someones choice to drink and drive. People are so quick to blame others for their actions; society constantly claims to be a victim. It is time for people to grow up and take responsibility for their actions be it their diet or driving recklessly.

Its not about blaming someone for your own problems. Our nation has a huge obesity problem and its not simply about choice. I'm glad you were able to moderate yourself and be active, but over half our nation has a problem with obesity and unhealthy lifestyles. I cannot fathom how you cannot understand that. I'll just leave it at that though because we are getting way off topic.

More on topic: In the end I'm just disappointed that because I chose to stop consuming soda and chips and similar things several years ago, that I miss out on the 2XP stuff, and I'm also disappointed that the only way to get that is by choosing unhealthy things. No one is going to get diabetes from just the Halo 4 stuff, I'm just disappointed by it overall and many other similar programs.
It does make it hard though because I love me some Dew, especially the white citrus one. I've never tried gamer fuel so I think I'll get just one to try out.

The 2XP isn't why I'll be playing Halo 4 though and it won't make much different to me. I am now done with this topic.

You haven't experienced life until you dip some apple slices into peanut butter. You better recognize son.

Peanut butter is disgusting on everything, so I'll keep that the hell away from my apples and from jelly too for that matter.

Satay however, now that's a whole different beast. But I also keep that away from my fruits.

Alright HaloGAF! Show us, in one .gif or .jpg, the way you will feel when you finally have your copy of H4 in your hands.

I'll start:

http://www.abload.de/img/freshprincedance1mllm.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx252/robbert014/lolbaby.gif

Fuchsdh

Boring?! How many ways can you enjoy an apple? You can pretty much turn an apple into anything. The fuck you gonna get out of an orange, unless you really enjoy peeling or something.

Tangerines are the superior orange, but apples are still king of the land.
I'm talking straight fruit to fruit comparison. Sure apple pie is delicious, et al, but if we're just getting raw fruit oranges will always be better.

(Is there any love here for blueberries? Seems like lots of people hate them for some reason).

Beckx

I'm talking straight fruit to fruit comparison. Sure apple pie is delicious, et al, but if we're just getting raw fruit oranges will always be better.

(Is there any love here for blueberries? Seems like lots of people hate them for some reason).

Blackberries > Raspberries > Strawberries > Blueberries.

Booberry Cereal is forgotten for a reason.

feel

I'll start:

http://www.abload.de/img/freshprincedance1mllm.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://i.minus.com/ib1IEB7lwR8INO.gif

The ten year olds who come from school and get on Halo are going to grab a bunch of doritos and mountain dew everyday...their parents wont even care because their kids wont be bugging them and they can get a nap in. Its terrible. Should get the codes on vegetables or something.

Anything for a quick buck though.

S1kkZ

for the german halo gaffers that dont want to import the english version, here are some news regarding the german dubbing. master chief seems to have a new german voice actor.

its tobias kluckert (the german voice of bane/tom hardy). huge improvement if true.

sadly, cortanas terrible voice actress stays the same.

IHaveIce

Banned
for the german halo gaffers that dont want to import the english version, here are some news regarding the german dubbing. master chief seems to have a new german voice actor.

its tobias kluckert (the german voice of bane/tom hardy). huge improvement if true.

sadly, cortanas terrible voice actress stays the same.

It's a better actor, but I don't lie changes regarding VAs :/ But good to know thanks.

Playing now some Halo 3.. maybe later some Reach

pic for halo 4 launch
iDGJM4vxZW5Am.gif

The ten year olds who come from school and get on Halo are going to grab a bunch of doritos and mountain dew everyday...their parents wont even care because their kids wont be bugging them and they can get a nap in. Its terrible. Should get the codes on vegetables or something.

Anything for a quick buck though.

Gotta agree but fruit and vegetables just do not have the brand name and pull that big companies like Doritos have so it would be much less beneficial if at all possible . Im unsure about the US but the UK has no branded supplier of fruit or vegtables on a nation wide scale.

Still something like a popular sports drink or branded water could work.

Top Bottom