• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

Voltron64

Slayer Pro is a full blown playlist? With BR and DMR starts? 4v4? No radar? Increased movement speed? At launch?

8d5f8a1f84a9d5e8549911232c59f1be.gif

LRAVU.gif

Bsigg12

Done with the video, pretty good interview.

I'm not following Franklin logic with NBA/NHL changes with CTF changes, they wouldn't disallow dunks, alley oops, lifting the puck on the stick, etc.

Flopping, it's all about flopping. Oh, and hits to the head.

Slayer Pro playlist sounds great.

Disappointed in the likely lack of ranks, but Franklin seems to really believe that matchmaking will be good this time, so hopefully he's right.

Audio clues in Reach were almost non-existent on some of the default maps, IMO. (But then again I didn't use headphones so I could've missed out)

Doesn't sound very appealing to me.... Though hopefully it has a bit more structure in Halo 4.
Speaking of sneaking, I hate feeling like I have to constantly crouch walk because radar's handing out directions on how to get the jump on anyone actually trying to move, radar promotes camping more than anything. No radar keeps your eyesight in the game rather than glued to the circle in the corner.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
He also said there's an increase focus on skill-based matchmaking, and with one gamemode per playlist, it's easier for them to do that.

But no ranks? Then whogivesashit

Oh and to compare the changes to CTF, it's like taping your skate to your hockey stick

JackHerer

Slayer Pro play list at launch. Awesome.

That's a huge relief to me for some reason. If I really come to dislike all the new changes at least we have this.

Shadders

Loving the sound of the playlist setup! :D

Regarding the Reddit leaker, he's playing offline so there's every chance some features don't display. There could be a whopping great 'upload to YouTube' button in Theatre mode when connected to the net.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
This thread is officially bipolar. I knew it would happen.

I will not let up until someone realizes that competition in an environment which you cannot choose your opponents and with the only end goal is winning isn't exactly competitive. There's no stakes.

What am I competing for? To win? The game goes down in my games history as one I'll likely never remember and will never look at again. So what have you won? To me... You're playing for whatever reason you're playing. It's never been interesting. It was never the game mode or game type.

In ranked, you put a piece of your STATUS on the line. Now it's directly tied to you. Sure, in the end it means fuck all. But that's not the point.

What some people don't understand is MLG is for the elite of the elite, ranked matchmaking is MLG for the rest of us. Only things missing is proper clans, tournaments/championships

Playing casual always makes me feel like I'm playing someone next door. Playing ranked matchmaking is like I'm a part of something bigger.

Just keep getting frustrated

Omni

Loving the sound of the playlist setup! :D

Regarding the Reddit leaker, he's playing offline so there's every chance some features don't display. There could be a whopping great 'upload to YouTube' button in Theatre mode when connected to the net.

Lol.

Moa

I don't understand, they said that the playlists would be one gametype only now, but a while back then said they wanted to reduce the number of playlists entirely.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Done with the video, pretty good interview.

I'm not following Franklin logic with NBA/NHL changes with CTF changes, they wouldn't disallow dunks, alley oops, lifting the puck on the stick, etc. So what's the inspiration from that?

Good things:
  • Slayer Pro
  • Join In
  • Oddball Throwing

Kevin threw me an alleyoop in Grifball. It was actually really fun.

Rail gun is the most amazing gun ever.

IHaveIce

Banned
I don't understand, they said that the playlists would be one gametype only now, but a while back then said they wanted to reduce the number of playlists entirely.

so they reduced the count of gametypes.

:(

EDIT: ATTENTION THE FIRST DISC (CAMPAIGN) IS NOW ON ONE OF THE MOST FAMOUS SITES FOR XBOX FILES AND GAMES.
IT IS AVIABLE FOR DOWNLOAD, PREPARE FOR CAMPAIGN LEAKS AND SPOILERS

Blueblur1

Join-in progress scares me. The last thing I want are terrible kids joining my game causing me to lose.

And 1 game type per playlists doesn't sound great either. We're forced to switch every time now. What is that going to do to the player populations? What about BTB?

The custom game settings stuff is not a big deal either, IMO. I expected that they would at least try to keep parity with Reach in the regard. It does stand to be more vital than improving Forge and Theater mode is.

Still think it is Hydra. Notice he has not said anything? Coincidence, my dear Plywood? I THINK NOT.

I was watching Game Grumps first! Then watched the whole video with Bravo.

Did you hear about how weapon timers can be COMPLETELY fixed as well as the locations? Overdoziz am cry! Seriously Over, no global ordnance if you don't want it. Instead you can just fix snipers to spawn as they have in previous games.

Slayer Pro sounds like my go-to playlist for a while. I can easily see myself settling in with Inifinity Slayer matches to warm up, roll in Pro for a while, interlude with some Grifball or something and then back to Pro or Swat.

This game man.

Speaking of sneaking, I hate feeling like I have to constantly crouch walk because radar's handing out directions on how to get the jump on anyone actually trying to move, radar promotes camping more than anything. No radar keeps your eyesight in the game rather than glued to the circle in the corner.

I like crouch walking, as it rewards more patient and stealthy players.

"No radar" promotes people to run around like coke heads and Quake-esque gameplay. I prefer a more tactical style of Halo... which stealthy base attacks were basically abandoned after Halo 2, so I guess I shouldn't too disappointed.

Akai__

Love the latest video from Bravo. Everything sounds so good, besides AR's in Slayer Pro and join in progress.

My only concern for "join in progress" is, that I'm scared to be in the host-change screen every minute, when somebody decides to drop out and somebody joins the game.

Please say, you have already a solution for this Frankie/David.

Omni

So.. Are they going to have something like different playlists for every game mode? For example:

BTB - CTF
BTB - Slayer
BTB - Oddball

and so on

Or are they going to have just straight playlists:

CTF
Slayer
Oddball
Flood

and so on, but have a universal player count in each mode? So CTF would have a max of 8 players, Flood - 10 players...etcetera.

I like crouch walking, as it rewards more patient and stealthy players.

"No radar" promotes people to run around like coke heads and Quake-esque gameplay. I prefer a more tactical style of Halo... which stealthy base attacks were basically abandoned after Halo 2, so I guess I shouldn't too disappointed.
Tactical = walking like a snail and looking for the dots got it. If you consider normal movement speed in Halo as Quake-esque you're the cokehead in the scenario.

ZalinKrow

That video was excellent. Definitely addressed some of the questions I had. I just want to try this stuff out so bad! Game needs to come out already.

I do like the simplicity of the playlists. That's one thing I was hoping they'd take from CoD. If I want to play CTF, let me just click on the fuckin' CTF playlist and I can play it as long as I want, without worrying about some bk guests voting for Headhunter or VIP or some other shit gametype.

Also, Halo 4 campaign is most definitely out in the wild, hide yo kids, and hide yo OddOnes.

senador

Banned
God dammit. How do Halo leaks happen evertim? Are the manufacturing facilities in shady places with sucky security? I hope when games move to fully digital downloads this shit quits. Its so disappointing. I'd even be in support of an Apple-esque submissions process and ecosystem.

Love the latest video from Bravo. Everything sounds so good, besides AR's in Slayer Pro and join in progress.

My only concern for "join in progress" is, that I'm scared to be in the host-change screen every minute, when somebody decides to drop out and somebody joins the game.

Please say, you have already a solution for this Frankie/David.

I am curious to know how (if even at all) they will try to discourage quitting. I knw you can't stop it totally but I'd imagine with join-in-progress, the aim is to fill those spots as few times as possible rather than having situations where the entire team swaps out a few times before the match ends.

Top Bottom