• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

Fracas

#fuckonami
God dammit. How do Halo leaks happen evertim? Are the manufacturing facilities in shady places with sucky security? I hope when games move to fully digital downloads this shit quits. Its so disappointing. I'd even be in support of an Apple-esque submissions process and ecosystem.

People want their 15 minutes of fame. It sucks, but what are you gonna do.

IHaveIce

Banned
God dammit. How do Halo leaks happen evertim? Are the manufacturing facilities in shady places with sucky security? I hope when games move to fully digital downloads this shit quits. Its so disappointing. I'd even be in support of an Apple-esque submissions process and ecosystem.

Reach was leaked because of the hidden digital version that was hacked on the marketplace if I remember correctly.

But you are right, this is just bad. I don't even know what to do now, I can't go full dark..

EDIT: ATTENTION THE FIRST DISC (CAMPAIGN) IS NOW ON ONE OF THE MOST FAMOUS SITES FOR XBOX FILES AND GAMES.
IT IS AVIABLE FOR DOWNLOAD, PREPARE FOR CAMPAIGN LEAKS AND SPOILERS

So Halo 4 is OFFICALLY leaked online for everyone to download. Now is the time to go dark. For 24 more days :c

for new page

daedalius

Latest video sounds good, although I doubt I'd personally spend much time in that playlist considering I'm much more of an objective junkie.

Would be a good playlist to put an Arena style rating on.

Don't really care about visible ranks everywhere else.

I do like the simplicity of the playlists. That's one thing I was hoping they'd take from CoD. If I want to play CTF, let me just click on the fuckin' CTF playlist and I can play it as long as I want, without worrying about some bk guests voting for Headhunter or VIP or some other shit gametype.

Also, Halo 4 campaign is most definitely out in the wild, hide yo kids, and hide yo OddOnes.

This here.

I wonder if BTB is gone and all the playlists just have solid player counts all the time now... probably would be a good idea really. Less fragmentation of the player base.

JuanGGZ

Banned

That's because it's Halo. If it was a less popular game, you can be sure everyone wouldn't care about puting the game on the internet.

I know what I'm talking about.

Alose, anyone for a Bravo's video summary ?

Slayer Pro
Objective Pro
Lone Wolves Pro

All with skill-based rank. PLS PLS PLS PLS

When this is announced I'll be like v
tumblr_mb8sx5G1jb1qclm9e.gif

Tactical = walking like a snail and looking for the dots got it. If you consider normal movement speed in Halo as Quake-esque you're the cokehead in the scenario.

Checkmate.

Akai__

I am curious to know how (if even at all) they will try to discourage quitting. I knw you can't stop it totally but I'd imagine with join-in-progress, the aim is to fill those spots as few times as possible rather than having situations where the entire team swaps out a few times before the match ends.

I know, that this is a serious problem, but since we haven't heard anything, about the netcode, I'm just wondering. I hope they have a solution for this, because blackscreens aren't fun. And lag in co-op campaign or SpartanOps won't be either.

For those of you not following the Halo 4 Leak thread...

Halo 4 is 100% leaked and up on most sites to be downloaded now. Expect spoilers to be everywhere soon :\

Just a warning for those of you not wanting to be spoiled.

Edit: eh, shoot.. missed this.
So Halo 4 is OFFICALLY leaked online for everyone to download. Now is the time to go dark. For 24 more days :c

Sorry!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
So Halo 4 is OFFICALLY leaked online for everyone to download.
Microsoft released it early on Games on Demand?!?! :-O!!!

Edit : Someone play Reach BTB with me.

Edit 2: HOLY SHIT SLAYER PRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amazing Mic

Neo Member
Good news, excited for Slayer Pro.

Apologies for sounding like an ungrateful SOB- but I'm still bummed in the lack of 2v2 (or at least I assume lack of).

Better games, less lag and less wait. Dubs would have made this the game for the ages for me.

Also, Bravo is impressive.

senador

Banned
People want their 15 minutes of fame. It sucks, but what are you gonna do.

Be pissed and hope it improves in the future.

Reach was leaked because of the hidden digital version that was hacked on the marketplace if I remember correctly.

But you are right, this is just bad. I don't even know what to do now, I can't go full dark..

for new page

Dunno. Going dark would be hard since I check this thread so much, but maybe it'd be a good idea. Maybe it'd be a good thing. Have a nice HaloGAF break. ;)

That's because it's Halo. If it was a less popular game, you can be sure everyone wouldn't care about puting the game on the internet.

I know what I'm talking about.

Still bullshit.

It really frustrates me that people are so dishonest and shitty. Whatever.

Negative.

Pretty sure it was leaked the same way Halo 2, ODST, and 4 were leaked. Just simply a disk ending up in the wrong hands and being ripped/uploaded.

I know the beta for H3 was 'hacked' through market place downloading, but I didn't think that was the case for the game. I could be wrong though.

Akai__

When people say it's available as download they mean the ISO files, which you can't just download and play on your Xbox. IIRC, you need a flashed Xbox, but don't take me on that, because I absolutely don't know it, since I'm not into this scene. Someone, who is or was should clarify.

senador

Banned
When people say it's available as download they mean the ISO files, which you can't just download and play on your Xbox. IIRC, you need a flashed Xbox, but don't take me on that, because I absolutely don't know it, since I'm not into this scene. Someone, who is or was should clarify.

Well yeah, but all it takes is for one asshole to start uploading shit.

IHaveIce

Banned

I'm not in the scene but know some things. Yes it is only playable on RGHs and JTAG consoles with these files for what I know.

Fracas

#fuckonami

I'm not into the modded scene, but I would almost guarantee whatever's been uploaded is an iso. AFAIK you can't download full games illegally, put on them on a flash drive/etc and play them on an Xbox. Certain demos and public betas can, but that's not really illegal.

Nowise10

Flashed or Jtag Xbox can run these files.

kylej

Banned
Infinity Slayer - Population: 40,000+
Slayer Pro - Population: 1,500

Loegi.gif

*6 months after launch*

After careful review of the player population and voting data, we have decided to replace the Slayer Pro playlist with a new alternative designed to cater to both competitive players and those who prefer a less competitive environment. Introducing TU BETA SLAYER.

Akai__

Well yeah, but all it takes is for one asshole to start uploading shit.

I'm not in the scene but know some things. Yes it is only playable on RGHs and JTAG consoles with these files for what I know.

I'm not into the modded scene, but I would almost guarantee whatever's been uploaded is an iso. AFAIK you can't download full games illegally, put on them on a flash drive/etc and play them on an Xbox. Certain demos and public betas can, but that's not really illegal.

Flashed or Jtag Xbox can run these files.

Whooa! Thanks guys. ;)

And yeah, you are right senador. :'(

Vire

God damnit.

Seriously annoyed that Halo 4 is out this early. Jerks who steal the game get to play before I do. :/

Gray Man

Banned
Slayer Pro doesn't sound... fun. I'll need to see how the rest of the multiplayer plays out first.

I'm pretty big into Big Team Battle, and any Capture the flag game.

It means there is an ISO of the game (entire disk image) available for download online. With that ISO you can burn it to a disk and play it on a modded console.

I think that because it's an ISO it doesn't require a JTAG console, just a modded one.. which is a big difference. Not 100% sure so definitely do not quote me, but I think that's right.

edit:
No, he's right. It was downloaded from MS servers.

Oh shoot, my bad.

daedalius

Slayer Pro doesn't sound... fun. I'll need to see how the rest of the multiplayer plays out first.

I'm pretty big into Big Team Battle, and any Capture the flag game.

Yea, I kinda feel the same way.

Slayer pro sounds alright, something I wouldn't really be that into playing though.

But different strokes and all that.

Bsigg12

I hope Microsoft goes into straight Nazi mode and shuts down anything campaign related in a very timely manner over the next few weeks.

I feel bad for the 343 employees because its gotta feel shitty knowing all the work you did just got pulled and is available illegally to anyone without morals.

CyReN

Is there even a way to submit h4 leaks to have taken down? If it was a week I wouldn't mind but this is basically a month..

Fracas

#fuckonami
Just a friendly reminder from your ol' pal monsterfracas on how to properly tag spoilers.

Let me answer a couple of your questions about spoiler tags.

"Gee willikers, what's that big black bar on my screen?"

Those are spoiler tags! This function is incredibly useful for posting mild spoilers. Anything that is a major plot point should be relegated to Slightly Live's spoiler thread.

"Well gosh, how do I use this fancy schmancy gadgetry, monsterfracas?"

It's easy! To tag a spoiler, you should follow this general example, or something like it:

(the following contains spoilers for Halo 3) Fantastic game! One of my favorite moments was
when master chief kills aliens

This is how not to tag spoilers:

Man, I can't believe Master Chief just killed
that big alien dude

Hopefully this little PSA will prevent any members, junior or otherwise, from spoiling important events in Halo 4's storyline. You can never be too careful!

Akai__

It means there is an ISO of the game (entire disk image) available for download online. With that ISO you can burn it to a disk and play it on a modded console.

I think that because it's an ISO it doesn't require a JTAG console, just a modded one.. which is a big difference. Not 100% sure so definitely do not quote me, but I think that's right.

edit:

Oh shoot, my bad.

Well, I know how ISO's work, I/we just wanted to make it clear, that it isn't playable for normal Xbox's. Somebody asked, if it was on Games on Demand (even if it wasn't meant to be sirious), so I felt like to make this clear.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Feel free to pass along links (videos or otherwise) you find to me via PM. Your assistance is appreciated.

Omni

"Halo Reach Part 9 - KAT DEAD (HUGE SPOILERS)"

Yeah, dont forget theirs clips titles.

Eh. A title like that got me with Reach.

and then on Bungie.net I recieved a PM with the subject "Hey", I opened it and it read something like "NOBLE TEAM DIES. KAT SHOT IN HEAD. NOBLE SIX STABBED. JORGE BLOWN IN SHIP. CARTER IN PELICAN"

It made me sad. But at least I learnt not to open PMs when big AAA games are being released.

senador

Banned
Letters's spoiler post is best:

Alright, most of you weren't here for the release of the previous games so it's understandable, but listen, since the spoiler tag is used for all kinds of things and to avoid people uncovering them while distracted, it is custom and polite to put a brief bolded description of what kind of spoiler is included in your post right before the spoiler. Like so:

(Halo 4 story spoiler!)
Cortana gets pissed at this thing or the other.

(Campaign gameplay spoiler!)
Warthog of the seas!

Top Bottom