• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

senador

Banned
Slayer Pro playlist sounds good. I'll probably bounce into that from time to time, but honestly Infinity sounds more fun at this point. Glad they are adding it though.

Edit. No radar in Slayer Pro?

sdahbsabhjhsajkdnaijsgdhyusabdugbsahhdgijahdsabhyxas

and it was sounding so good... Like a 'classic' playlist. No radar takes away what makes Halo's gameplay somewhat unique and it just turns into a cluster fuck of not knowing if someone is behind you and/or where people are on the bigger maps.
Learn to sound n00b.

senador

Banned

BkICu.jpg

CyReN

Slayer Pro is a full blown playlist? With BR and DMR starts? 4v4? No radar? Increased movement speed? At launch?

8d5f8a1f84a9d5e8549911232c59f1be.gif

and the competitive community dictates changes to the future.

please

----
Sounds great, still wanting to try out I.S first though.

DeadNames

Banned
Slayer Pro is a full blown playlist? With BR and DMR starts? 4v4? No radar? Increased movement speed? At launch?

Kyle is... pleased?

With 4?!

Also, join in progress sounds good. Not very disrupting.

I think I might just do a summary, a lot of good info here.

IHaveIce

Banned

Ok we broke Kylej.

don't forget normal weapon spawning. This is really a megaton.
I just peed myself a littlte, I think..

Someone hold me

Omni

Learn to sound n00b.

Eh. Last time I tried no radar was in Reach before the TU. Encounters went one of three ways:

1) Someone sneaks up on you and shoots you in the back.
2) You sneak up on someone else and shoot them in the back.
3) You run into someone while trying to sneak behind someone else to shoot them in the back.

Audio clues in Reach were almost non-existent on some of the default maps, IMO. (But then again I didn't use headphones so I could've missed out)

Doesn't sound very appealing to me.... Though hopefully it has a bit more structure in Halo 4.

Fracas

#fuckonami
-Join in progress is in effect all throughout the game, even map/gametype selection

-Ordnance options are customizable, including their weight in the in-game ordnance selection

-You can emulate classic weapon/powerup spawns
A summary would be appreciated.

ctrl-f "monsterfracas"

I basically liveblogged it lol

DeadNames

Banned
-Join in progress is in effect all throughout the game, even map/gametype selection

-Ordnance options are customizable, including their weight in the in-game ordnance selection

-You can emulate classic weapon/powerup spawns

ctrl-f "monsterfracas, DeadNames"

+ Weapons drop every 2 minutes.

+ Can customize Dominion ordnance, etc.

CyReN

Done with the video, pretty good interview.

I'm not following Franklin logic with NBA/NHL changes with CTF changes, they wouldn't disallow dunks, alley oops, lifting the puck on the stick, etc. So what's the inspiration from that?

Good things:
  • Slayer Pro
  • Join In
  • Oddball Throwing

Top Bottom