• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

Satchel

Banned
I used to like you.

In all fairness, I have always been a simple person. I prefer simplicity in my online FPS games.

SWAT is pretty much as bare bones and pure as you're going to get. No shields, no radar, no equipment, no bullshit, everyone has the same guns and it forces you to actually, you know, rely on your ability.

As opposed to power weapon whoring, inconsistent combat encounters thanks to the shields, grenade spam and all the other crap that can frustrate the shit out of me.

It's also the mode that least exposes the lag us Aussies have to suffer through.

No coincidence that SWAT also tends to be the mode I'm consistently right up there in matches. It's just...pure. The only word I can think to describe it. Lag just affects the other modes far too much for my liking.

Playing LAN, I have no issues. But online, the other modes are affected too much.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Kinda wonder how different Halo 4 would have been had their been a public beta.

IMO it'd be the same game.

Nowadays, betas are basically server stress tests. Besides, since betas are done relatively close to launch, I don't think there's much that could feasibly be changed.

Holy shit, this Robot Chicken panel is fucking awesome!

"Describe your sex life in 3 Pokemon moves!"

"I have a 1979 Millenium Falcon and I want to give it to you Seth!"

"Thoughts on the Mass Effect 3 ending?"

"Favorite Star Wars moment?" "Power Converters..."

"Will there ever be a Humping Robot sketch where he humps a Transformer?" "Probably...why? Is that a fantasy of yours you'd like us to fulfill?

IHaveIce

Banned
According to Reddit:

No VIP Gametype
No Assault Gametype
New Map is called
Vortex
(Pic proof : http://imgur.com/CTu4V)
You can disable radar
No new Theatre features
No Theatre rewinding - same 10 second jump like Reach
Theatre confirmed for Campaign, Multiplayer and Spartan-Ops
Disappointing. REALLY DISAPPOINTING.

Also

You cannot enable flag dropping or disable the auto-grabbing.
What is this shit.

According to Reddit guy these are the game modes of Halo 4:

Slayer
Regicide
Capture The Flag
King of the Hill
Oddball
Dominion
Extraction
(new one)
Flood
Grifball

Don't know how the new gametype works.

Gametypes missing from Reach/H3:

Assault
Headhunter
Invasion
Juggernaut
VIP
Race
Stockpile
Territories

Oh I'm so happy we have that greatly overhauled Flood and Grifball mode, this is really the core gameplay that is what veteran Halo fans love.

Also I'm no fan of Race, but seriously, they made Meltdown a map shaped like a infinity loop - don't make Race? Nice.

God this is really bad.

senador

Banned
IMO it'd be the same game.

Nowadays, betas are basically server stress tests. Besides, since betas are done relatively close to launch, I don't think there's much that could feasibly be changed.

Yeah I agree. I don't think much would change besides maybe catching a few bugs and/or exploits. It really didn't seem like their development schedule would have allowed for a beta though and so it potentially could have negatively impacted the game had they done one.

Satchel

Banned
Half-second kill times, iron sights, and power weapons available in loadouts.

That really is all that is separating Halo from COD now, isn't it.

Do people actually think there's a massive difference between the 'weakest' and most 'powerful' weapon in CoD?

he he. That's funny. There's 10 plus rifles in that game, and they're all essentially the same weapon. All that unlocking is a ruse to make you think you're achieving something. It's all for the perks, which ruin the game anyway.

At least the weapons in Halo have a tangible difference between them.

Rifles in CoD are barely different from rocket launchers. Ditto for shotguns and sniper rifles.
Disappointing. REALLY DISAPPOINTING.

What is this shit.

Oh I'm so happy we have that greatly overhauled Flood and Grifball mode, this is really the core gameplay that is what veteran Halo fans love.

Also I'm no fan of Race, but seriously, they made Meltdown a map shaped like a infinity loop - don't make Race? Nice.

God this is really bad.

Racing will either be in, or included later. One of the IGN walkthroughs with Kynan, he mentions the figure 8 map being great for racing. So I assume it's in, or coming in later.

JuanGGZ

Banned
Hey hey hey, and what about the Falcon ?

I'm disappointed for the Theater, I thought we would have a depth of field option?.

1eBai.jpg

Tawpgun

Well, not huge changes, but at least giving game modes with fixed weapon spawns, the option to drop the flag/no pistol, modifying the white text. etc.

Satchel

Banned
But you only play SWAT; there's one gun in that mode.

I know.

But I also said, that I have no issue with other mods offline/LAN.

I was also addressing a complaint that somehow Halo is no different to CoD in reference to weapons.

My preferences are irrelevant in that particular discussion.

Bsigg12

So, is waypoint going for a record with downtime or did their servers actually catch fire?

I'm wondering if it has to do with Microsoft rolling out the new Windows 8 stuff. Logging into Waypoint prompted the app acceptance page for the first time, so I wonder if the Live ID services or windows accounts or whatever the fuck they are now are acting weird on sites that update to the new system.

senador

Banned
Well, not huge changes, but at least giving game modes with fixed weapon spawns, the option to drop the flag/no pistol, modifying the white text. etc.

Do you think that would have changed with a beta? I don't.

So, is waypoint going for a record with downtime or did their servers actually catch fire?

Clear your cache and cookies, its been working fine for me since it came back up the other day.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Half-second kill times, iron sights, and power weapons available in loadouts.

That really is all that is separating Halo from COD now, isn't it.

Yes, if those things were in Halo would be exactly CoD. You wouldn't know what you were buying. They could just brand it CoD and mix the discs together...

/sarcasm

Blueblur1

According to Reddit guy these are the game modes of Halo 4:

Slayer
Regicide
Capture The Flag
King of the Hill
Oddball
Dominion
Extraction
(new one)
Flood
Grifball

Don't know how the new gametype works.

Gametypes missing from Reach/H3:

Assault
Headhunter
Invasion
Juggernaut
VIP
Race
Stockpile
Territories
What the fuck? No Territories, Juggernaut, or Race? What the hell are these people thinking? Hey 343i, the idea is to add content on top of existing content. Not taking content away because you don't like it.

Fuck, Halo 4 is a bigger departure from Halo than Reach was.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Slayer Pro playlist:

4v4
BR/AR/DMR loadouts, 1 frag, everyone has resupply. These are all preset.
Sounds like no AA's

Thank you Jesus.

Slayer Pro confirmed for launch, DMR/BR/AR loadouts, one grenade, resupply package to get greandes, 4v4, increased player speed, no radar, no AAs

Omni

Haha, love how all the bitching takes a pause.

Edit. No radar in Slayer Pro?

sdahbsabhjhsajkdnaijsgdhyusabdugbsahhdgijahdsabhyxas

and it was sounding so good... Like a 'classic' playlist. No radar takes away what makes Halo's gameplay somewhat unique and it just turns into a cluster fuck of not knowing if someone is behind you and/or where people are on the bigger maps.

Top Bottom