• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

MrDaravon

Stream is fine for me at 720p+ for whatever reason.

Slayer Pro and Infinity Slayer both seem pretty solid overall if that's your thing; I think my disappointment is more because Slayer was never the main gametype we ever played.

TheOddOne

tumblr_mbwl04GidK1qbi6pwo1_1280.png

I can't believe how sad the CTF changes, lack of ranking system and personal ordnance are making me. I thought I was kinda over it but watching the BTS kinda rekindled my disappointment with the direction of the game.

Dominion looks really fun.

So, how exactly can you forge a dominion base? What can you change about them?

I'm pretty sure you forge the bases yourself and you add Dominion related items like Auto Turrets, Vehicle Pads, Capture Points, Shield doors, etc. And you probably use something like Spawn Sequence to tie everything to a particular base. Something set to Spawn Sequence 1 is Alpha, 2 is Bravo, and 3 is Charlie. Just an assumption right now, but it makes sense.

Booties

Banned
I like how they can't name a single character's name from reach. He says "I think John is one of them....Oh wait that's the master chief"

Arnie

When I look at the package as a whole it's very impressive.

When I take 'War Games' in isolation, it's both underwhelming and irritating. When they were describing ordnance I wanted to put my head through a wall; I wish they'd literally just call them killstreaks, honestly. Get it over and done with, admit it. It's like there's a huge elephant in the room that nobody's acknowledging. The scoring, experience, ordnance and armour mod systems all inspire apathy.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
"You can spend so much time customizing your Master Chief."

face palm

u4iX

Watching this has me so damn excited. The default settings look good, I'm kinda upset there's a Slayer Pro playlist when even Infinity Team Slayer looks like it plays well at a highly competitive level.

http://www.twitch.tv/eglhalo/popout

Is it the MOST competitive settings the Halo 4 could have? Nah.

Does it make Halo 4 fresh, exciting, and tense to watch as the game nears an end and players near Ordnance Drops, making for a better story for the viewers at home? Hell yeah.

MrDaravon

Hmm, I thought ordnance drops were based on kills, not medals. Wow..

I hadn't thought about that either, but it makes sense. It's similar to the Support killstreak system in MW3; all of those assists and other things you're doing are counting towards earning the drop. Allows kids who aren't good but are still supporting the team to get stuff, but probably not as fast as getting kills or completing objectives. I think it's a good thing honestly.

TCKaos

I have two 360s, and I don't want to have to play splitscreen if I don't have to. If you can install the multiplayer disc and launch mutliplayer from the campaign disc (wasn't that confirmed?) then could I install multiplayer on one 360 and then let my brother use the other disc on the other 360?

That way we could play Spops and War Games without splitscreen.

watership

Oh wow. Spartan ops looks fantastic!

And I know i'm 4 pages too late for this: but Silverlight > Flash. Silverlight doesn't destroy my browser and crash, or eat through my memory and CPU for no reason. So there.

Conor 419

Banned
I'm pretty sure you forge the bases yourself and you add Dominion related items like Auto Turrets, Vehicle Pads, Capture Points, Shield doors, etc. And you probably use something like Spawn Sequence to tie everything to a particular base. Something set to Spawn Sequence 1 is Alpha, 2 is Bravo, and 3 is Charlie. Just an assumption right now, but it makes sense.

Fantastic if true.

Since the Dominion light bridges are solid you could use them as situational structures. Just imagine slowly taking over a Light Bridge that expands the further you capture it, and when it's fully controlled it allows you access to a new part of the map where the next point is.

Arnie

How long would it have taken 343 to implement a classic scoring mode?

The new scoring is fucking dumb. But of course, chase that audience.

I have two 360s, and I don't want to have to play splitscreen if I don't have to. If you can install the multiplayer disc and launch mutliplayer from the campaign disc (wasn't that confirmed?) then could I install multiplayer on one 360 and then let my brother use the other disc on the other 360?

That way we could play Spops and War Games without splitscreen.
No, I doubt it. Would require two copies of the game I'd say (which makes sense & is fair).

FL1Psyde

Neo Member
might be a dumb question and answered already probably but is there an option for a respawn delay instead of everything being insta-spawn?

EGL seems like a weird little league, checked out the site and there was like no information.

These 'pro' gamers are nowhere near the best the UK has to offer for sure - would be interesting to see what would happen if the league was more popular and competitive.

Moa

I don't know if you knew this, but Grifball is enormously popular.

Also those playlists are all a single gamemode; you don't click on oddball on that listing and get a new menu of variants, it's just straight oddball.

VIP was fairly popular in Halo 3, the whole gametype was cut from Reach and non-existent in Halo 4.

The fact is, Grifball worked fine as a custom game option w/ Assault, they cut Assault and made Grifball play off the Oddball stuff, stupid move.

Top Bottom