• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

feel

Dudes going crazy looking for illegal streams of their game all day and you guys are basically taunting them with the PMs. Do you want them to ragequit Halogaf or something?

MP stuff should have already been completely revealed. They are just correcting terrible information distribution.

Campaign is the thing noone should know about, unfortunately we've had tons of info about that...

343 should literally be streaming matches of the game 24/7 on Waypoint. Can you imagine the fucking hype people would have if they could literally watch the game for hours yet have to wait to play it?

What world have you been on?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
This is just to say: your Disintegration avatar is sweet. Greatest album of all time. Ever.
Definitely in my top ten.

Sometimes I wish HaloGAF had a sub-forum of our own. I'd love to have a HaloGAF music discussion thread.

The one where if you go into a stream of Halo 4 you will have the ending spoiled for you? Because people have seen the entire campaign before the games release?

That has nothing to do with 343. You were talking like they weren't releasing MP info because all their time was spent showing new aspects of campaign.

JHall

2TAJXZ.gif

Credit for this lovely .gif goes to my friend, menotyou135.

For the first time this year I am actually happy that my uni internet is so shit that it can't load steams. Otherwise I'm sure I would be watching them any chance I had. Now I get to experience Halo 4 spoiler free :D

I know we're in the midst of the Halo 4 hype/saltfest right now, but I've decided to start the ARG for Project HaloGAF!

The first step is pretty straight forward. I'm going to ask three questions, each with a clue. One easy, one medium, one hard.

It should be noted these questions are not completely factual but can by all means be figured out.

Question 1. [Easy]
Who had an aneurysm when it was revealed you could use DMRs and mechs on Valhalla?
Hint:
He still needs to fly to Ghaleon's place for certain reasons.

Question 2. [Medium]
Name a particularly technicolor member of HaloGAF.
Hint:
He is part sword, part slang.

Question 3. [Hard]
Name Devolution and timedog's favorite game to play together.
Hint:
It is a real video game for both Apple devices and PC. Give me a non-serious answer and I'll pop a cap in your ass.

If you think you know the answer, either post it in the thread with the original post quoted or PM me. If you get the question right, then I'll PM you a letter that corresponds to an initial in the true name of Project HaloGAF. There are three letters. Once all three letters are "unlocked," you guys have to collaborate to figure out the true name for the project. I will confirm individual words are correct. Once the true name is deciphered, then you guys will get teasers!

kylej

Banned
When games leak like this, do they ever catch "the guy" who did it?

Yeah they caught the guy who leaked Halo 4. His name is Jimmy McGee, an amputee living in Mexico who snagged a disc off the assembly line to give to his friend Steve Willits. Steve leaked it to The Pirate Bay and now he's being prosecuted in Florida. It's already out there though, nothing 343 can really do at this point.

I've been on Team Downer for most of the dev cycle but the past two weeks had me on Team SLRP. But now this? I don't know if it was MS, 343, or some tortured soul in marketing but whoever it was royally screwed up the limited edition.

Booties

Banned
Yeah they caught the guy who leaked Halo 4. His name is Jimmy McGee, an amputee living in Mexico who snagged a disc off the assembly line to give to his friend Steve Willits. Steve leaked it to The Pirate Bay and now he's being prosecuted in Florida. It's already out there though, nothing 343 can really do at this point.
I can confirm this.

yeah for an extra $40 lol

switching my preorder to the season pass on wednesday

If I wasn't such a tool that loves to give Microsoft and anything Halo related money, I would pass do the same. But I love me some special Halo cases, even if I could probably get it a month later for a cheaper price.

Doesn't matter, they can take all of my money for the amount of time and enjoyment I get from the game.

Too bad there wasn't a cat helmet edition this time around.

The LE just gets worse and worse as days go by. Eventually it will be revealed the LE actually doesn't come with Halo 4, but a voucher you can use to attain it in the future at half-off the standard price.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
The LE just gets worse and worse as days go by. Eventually it will be revealed the LE actually doesn't come with Halo 4, but a voucher you can use to attain it in the future at half-off the standard price.

Seriously is beginning to remind me of the Gears 3 LE/CE, only worse. And that's fucking bad.

What the fuck are they thinking?

Bsigg12

At this point you could sell your LE preorder on eBay and get the SE for free.

Doubt it at this point. No one wants to pay $40 extra when you can get the things that matter that were LE specific for free. And the map pack is only $25 with more helmets.

They really know how to kill the luster of a limited edition.

Either way, don't you have to be level 50 to pick a specialization then commit to it until you level it up? I doubt very many people will be able to level up all the specializations by then. You might just be able to pick whichever one you want to start leveling up for a grace period. After that, you either have to wait for the community milestones or have the limited edition.

Either way, don't you have to be level 50 to pick a specialization then commit to it until you level it up? I doubt very many people will be able to level up all the specializations by then. You might just be able to pick whichever one you want to start leveling up for a grace period. After that, you either have to wait for the community milestones or have the limited edition.

It sounds like if you play the game by the 20th you get emailed a code to redeem that unlocks the specializations.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

Or play by the 20th.

Top Bottom