• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

Korosenai

Watching this multiplayer stream and all I hear is:

Ball thrown
You have the ball
Ball thrown
Nice Catch
Ball thrown
You have the ball
Ball thrown
Nice catch

Someone from 343i explain to me how "flag dropped, flag taken" is annoying, yet that ^ shit isn't.
Does the game really say nice catch?

Edit: And that's a good point. How is throwing and catching the ball any different than juggling the flag?

If you want to make the flag carrier a special "experience", why not do the same for oddball?

Tawpgun

I wonder how well the ball bounces off walls and if you can self pass. Imagine throwing it up in the air, out-bring some dude, and picking it back up.

I don't understand the disappointment on this. It rarely ever worked in Halo 3, usually ending in you getting stuck in a blackscreen for 5+ minutes. I'm pretty sure if something like that could be improved, they would have put it in. There's a reason it was cut from Reach...

I only need it for two people really. It just saved a lot of hassle when me and my bro would be in the same game, I or he would do something sick then we'd load the vid up at the next tea/cigarette break whatever and quickly skip to it. Now I have to go through the whole rigmarole of leaving the party to go into theatre alone, skipping to the clip, recording it, naming it, saving it to my harddrive, then coming out of theatre, finding the clip in my local files, then having to wait for it to upload to my file share, then he has to download it, then he has to load it, then he has to watch it separately. If it's a single snipe or a minor moment of amusement that happened in a Hog I can't be bothered to do all that. Party of two enabled in theatre would circumvent all of that. We know it can be done because its five year old predecessor managed it (it worked fine with only two people, particularly if both of them were in the game being watched). It truly is a case of 'good enough' in this instance.

I have great memories watching tons of replays with friends on Halo 3, I'm very disappointed about that not coming back.

Bungie advertised group replay viewing as an amazing social feature when they announced theater (that mp vidoc part with the guys chearing the slowmo headshot)

Exactly, who goes to the theatre alone?

TCKaos

BALL THROWN +10
YOU HAVE THE BALL +10
BALL THROWN +10
NICE CATCH! +10
BALL THROWN +10
YOU HAVE THE BALL +10
BALL THROWN +10

shits gonna be exploited

Day one full party boosting party on HaloGAF.

Also, I know I'm kind of slow, but I just figured out that FOTUS stands for
Fist Of The Unicorn Soldier

So, I wanna watch Halo 4 MP streams as much as the next guy, but isn't only passing the links via PM so David or Frankie or anyone else from 343 don't see and take it down a bit of a dick move? I'm not trying to call anyone out, but what if they PMd for a link? Would you ignore it..?

JHall

Imagine throwing it to a guy rushing you and pooping on him & picking it back up.

That was a troll tactic in Halo CE. Since the oddball was auto-pickup.

Let me give you a scenario; A player would be rushing you while you have the oddball. You toss it in his general direction and he picks it up due to the auto-pickup. You proceed to give him the D of his life, raging ensues from his side of the room and the game goes on.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Seems like Light Rifle would be the best for competitive play. Highest skill gap and learning curve out of all the rifles.

JETPACK ON SOLAAAACE.

PS where is the vid of the Haven jumps?

I think Bravo made a video of them. Also, Bravo found a lot of jumps before I ever even played the game. I think we found a couple together though.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
yes you are even notified when you're a "DISTRACTION!"
I don't think Steitzer needs to announce it, but I'm glad the game informs you anyways. When you're near dead, trying to run from an opponent, it'll be nice to know that someone else took them out.

"One Code Per GamerTag"
Doesn't LE gives access to 5 specializations?
Yeah, but that email seems to indicate that anyone who plays online before November 20th will also have access to all the customizations (as long as they're past SR-50). Or am I misunderstanding it?

Tawpgun

Imagine throwing it to a guy rushing you and pooping on him & picking it back up.

sounds awesome, and biggy says its possible.

Now imagine you throw it at someone shooting at you, you shoot him once or twice, he throws it back, he shoots you. etc. etc.

Until someone dies.

I can't wait till the inevitable Basketball gametype.
-----------------

ONE BIG QUESTION ABOUT FORGE.

Are there any objects affected by physics? Kinda sucked how you couldn't create Jenga again in Halo Reach. Loved in in Halo 3.

Bsigg12

That was a troll tactic in Halo CE. Since the oddball was auto-pickup.

Let me give you a scenario; A player would be rushing you while you have the oddball. You toss it in his general direction and he picks it up due to the auto-pickup. You proceed to give him the D of his life, raging ensues from his side of the room and the game goes on.

The box to actually catch the ball is actually fairly small. I'm sure you would have to be throwing a perfect ball to force someone to auto catch it

I don't think Steitzer needs to announce it, but I'm glad the game informs you anyways. When you're near dead, trying to run from an opponent, it'll be nice to know that someone else took them out.

You know, it would have to be an option to turn on/off, but who else thinks it would be awesome to have a sports-style commentator for a Halo MP match? Like a EA or 2K sports game or something.

EDIT: Aaaaand stream is done. Pffft.

JHall

And the channel goes down.

The box to actually catch the ball is actually fairly small. I'm sure you would have to be throwing a perfect ball to force someone to auto catch it

I've done it only a handful of times, but it feels so good when you do it.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
the announcer is going to need some throat losanges when we play unlimited slayer in objective gametypes
Seriously. And if Oddball has personal ordnance? It's going to be a massacre.

Homeboyd

Getting ready to mute the inevitable Kings of Leon music
standard-cc-intro.png

!!!!

So, I wanna watch Halo 4 MP streams as much as the next guy, but isn't only passing the links via PM so David or Frankie or anyone else from 343 don't see and take it down a bit of a dick move? I'm not trying to call anyone out, but what if they PMd for a link? Would you ignore it..?

MP stuff should have already been completely revealed. They are just correcting terrible information distribution.

Campaign is the thing noone should know about, unfortunately we've had tons of info about that...

343 should literally be streaming matches of the game 24/7 on Waypoint. Can you imagine the fucking hype people would have if they could literally watch the game for hours yet have to wait to play it?

Top Bottom