• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

Omni

Just got the okay to have the 6th of November off from work. Told her I had a doctors appointment to which she responded with "Oh? Halo 4 is out that day...".... I played dumb, but I knew that she knew that I knew that Halo 4 was out that day and was planning to play it.

Still, she marked me off. Great girl. <3

Edit. Top of the page? How about a picture to remind us all about how great the game looks.

halo4leak.jpg

I'd say the overwhelming majority of people are going to use Dex/Shield...is resupply for nades in the Dex or Shield category? If it's shield, I think I'll go with resupply.

Here ya go.

Wait, Der Flatulator, GodlyPerfection? lolwut. What have I stumbled upon..

Ahh, your site. Thanks for the list :]

Yeah, but who knows when you unlock that stuff?

My AA and Armor Mod fears were quelled very quickly with my experience with the game. The core gameplay/gunplay just dominates the game by a huge margin.

Also, it's about fucking time that we were able to pick our weapons. I don't really want armor mods and such, but how we've had AR vs BR start wars and a fragmented as shit MM because of it for so long is really baffling.

Bungie deserves credit for a lot of great things they did, but something that I picked up from talking to Kevin Franklin that 343 emphasized was designing multiplayer specifically for MM, and a specific MM experience. Bungie honestly never really did that well, they just made a game and then fought backwards over a couple of years to try to improve the matchmaking experience, which was largely a losing fight.

Good points, especially the design philosophy of structuring the MP around the MM experience. 343 is clearly not scared to make bold moves and for the most part, the general consensus on Halo 4 is definitely in their favor. After hearing about Extraction, I'm more OK with Assault being gone especially since not only does Extraction seem like it fills a void between Invasion/Assault, but the changes to OB may also make up for it.

I'd say the overwhelming majority of people are going to use Dex/Shield...is resupply for nades in the Dex or Shield category? If it's shield, I think I'll go with resupply.

Yeah, but who knows when you unlock that stuff?

My AA and Armor Mod fears were quelled very quickly with my experience with the game. The core gameplay/gunplay just dominates the game by a huge margin.

Also, it's about fucking time that we were able to pick our weapons. I don't really want armor mods and such, but how we've had AR vs BR start wars and a fragmented as shit MM because of it for so long is really baffling.

Bungie deserves credit for a lot of great things they did, but something that I picked up from talking to Kevin Franklin that 343 emphasized was designing multiplayer specifically for MM, and a specific MM experience. Bungie honestly never really did that well, they just made a game and then fought backwards over a couple of years to try to improve the matchmaking experience, which was largely a losing fight.

Heads up: I didn't say that they did. Besides, it's nothing to get your jimmies rustled up from.

I ignored Karl for a reason.. Thanks for the reassuring.

Full specs n shit, and you can pre-order it now.

The link I meant to post.

Personally, holding out for the Pro, as it will completely replace a laptop for me, and be more mobile.

Same here man.. I probably would've bought the RT version if those unbelievable $200 rumors were true lol, but definitely need to invest in a new laptop so I'm waiting to hear more on the pro.

After hearing about Extraction, I'm more OK with Assault being gone especially since not only does Extraction seem like it fills a void between Invasion/Assault, but the changes to OB may also make up for it.

I'm sitting better about assault with some potential for Dominion and Extraction.

I'm still salty about 343i not divulging any details about assault or these gametypes though? Seriously make it a a few paragraphs in a bulletin or an official forum post.

There are only like 12 business days left before launch so it seems weird to not have a gametype like Extraction in the wild officially?

senador

Banned
Over and I were talking about that today. Since when was that a thing to commemorate? Especially weird since I'm now 100ppp

Since its the top post, it'll get seen the most for page loads and such, so it's more fun to see over and over if it has good content or a pic. I don't see why it's such a big deal either way.

heckfu

Banned
Since its the top post, it'll get seen the most for page loads and such, so it's more fun to see over and over if it has good content or a pic. I don't see why it's such a big deal either way.

Oh, not a big deal. Just curious is all since I've been here a while and it seems like a fairly new thing.

Korosenai

Not a big deal, just annoying when everyone edits their post saying "top of page... Etc...."

We know you're the top post.

wwm0nkey

Huh, apparently Halo 4 comes with a 14 day Gold trial. Its not the 2 months from the Xbox days but better than those shitty 2 day trials.

Same here man.. I probably would've bought the RT version if those unbelievable $200 rumors were true lol, but definitely need to invest in a new laptop so I'm waiting to hear more on the pro.
Yeah if those crazy rumors were true, I would get an RT one just for shits, but not the original Pro plan/phase out the idea of a laptop will remain in place.

Damn those keyboards are expensive!
By lvl 26! Time to stock up on Dew & Doritos pal.

NEVER!
duel.gif

Huh, apparently Halo 4 comes with a 14 day Gold trial. Its not the 2 months from the Xbox days but better than those shitty 2 day trials.

Great, more griefers incoming.../sarcasm

Why do they keep giving these things away when the redemption of trials creates derankers and boosters and all that?

Fotos

Holy shit. Just finished Halo 2's Gravemind level by myself on Legendary. Took me 3 hours to finish. I could play the entire Halo 3 campaign by myself on Heroic and beat it faster than that. The beginning part in that level is probably the hardest single part in any Halo game. Especially if you do not have a Carbine.

The beginning part in that level is probably the hardest single part in any Halo game. Especially if you do not have a Carbine.
You mean cheap. It's shitty level design is what it is.

I wonder how many gamers these days own a 360 and choose to buy Halo 4 but do NOT have xbox live gold already.

Seems redundant if you ask me but what do I know.
Apparently not enough. The majority of Halo players actually do not play online multiplayer.

Omni

I wonder how many gamers these days own a 360 and choose to buy Halo 4 but do NOT have xbox live gold already.

Seems redundant if you ask me but what do I know.

Well it was a few years ago now, but I only got Live a year after Halo 3 was released, even though I had been playing all the games since their release (Probably why I care more about story than MM). The gold trial code that was included in the LE was the thing that made me go "Hey, playing online could be cool. I'll try it out".

And here I am, several years later with a direct debit taken out of my bank account for my membership every month.

You mean cheap. It's shitty level design is what it is.

Apparently not enough. The majority of Halo players actually do not play online multiplayer.

I keep hearing that and it makes me go WTF?WTF?WTF? It's amazing in this day and age a gamer buys a game like Halo and never ventures into multiplayer.

Well it was a few years ago now, but I only got Live a year after Halo 3 was released, even though I had been playing all the games since their release (Probably why I care more about story than MM). The gold trial code that was included in the LE was the thing that made me go "Hey, playing online could be cool. I'll try it out".

And here I am, several years later with a direct debit taken out of my bank account for my membership every month.

I know that's the purpose and they obviously convert sales that way but I'd love to see some statistics on the flip side about griefers and trial accounts. I'm betting on the latter outweighing the former.

Fotos

Wait so the trailer is supposed to debut on Jimmy Fallon Thursday? The show is on at 12:30 AM. So is it going to be on 12:30 AM on Thursday or 12:30 Friday morning?

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Scanner has been called USB.
Now see it's being called DVD.
I think we should just go with Floppy Drive, seeing as though it makes me flaccid.

:p

Top Bottom