• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

BigShow36

Did you know that this was a real medal or did you make it up? lol

I wish I could tell you I randomly made it up and, due to the ridiculous amount of announcements and medals in Halo 4, it also happened to be a real medal. But alas, I cannot lie; I knew about it. No, if I made something up it would be obvious and way more stupid, like "flagsassination" or something like that that was so dumb, there was no possible way it could actually be in the game.

schnykeees

Neo Member
I wish I could tell you I randomly made it up and, due to the ridiculous amount of announcements and medals in Halo 4, it also happened to be a real medal. But alas, I cannot lie; I knew about it. No, if I made something up it would be obvious and way more stupid, like "flagsassination" or something like that that was so dumb, there was no possible way it could actually be in the game.

395.png

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Halo Wars later?
Hey, sorry, missed your reply earlier. Looks like me and some BKs are gonna play Halo 3, if you want to join.

<3

BigShow36

At work but if thats a link to it in a video...

I hate this game.

Yeah but think of how awesome its going to be when you're all like... jump, and then he's all, like "Mad Hops" and then you're all, pew, pew, pew and he goes "Shots, shots, shots shots shots shots" with the bass thumping and stuff and then you go to like, switch weapons and he yells "Swap Meet" and then you throw your grenade and it explodes and he's all "Hail Mary."

343 isn't the only one who thinks thats da bomb! Am I right kids? DA bomb? I totally said "DA" instead of "the" because thats da' word on the street? Right? Chill? Rad...? Please don't buy Black Ops 2.

Bunch of fucking squares in here.

Team Awkward Internet Romances.

President: Sai-Kun.
Vice-presidents: The Wife and OddOne.
Wipping boy: Gui.
Never getting laid: Bobs.
Chubby Chaser: Talents.

Apply today!

Bit late to this, but I sent in my application. I had to photocopy my butt like six times for it!

Also, we know Binary Rifle is already strong enough to destroy moderately-damaged vehicles, but does it become the Spartan Laser on crack with damage boost? Seriously, just imagine getting one-shot in a tank or mantis by that stupid thing.

DeadNames

Banned
Bit late to this, but I sent in my application. I had to photocopy my butt like six times for it!

Also, we know Binary Rifle is already strong enough to destroy moderately-damaged vehicles, but does it become the Spartan Laser on crack with damage boost? Seriously, just imagine getting one-shot in a tank or mantis by that stupid thing.

The Binary Rifle seems wicked OP. Especially with the fact that we don't get knocked out of scope anymore.

And BigShow, have some fun.

Hahaha, that song is hilarious, I need a link to when it was originally posted. I knew what the term meant, but didn't know it started out like that.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40379455&postcount=2056

Yeah but think of how awesome its going to be when you're all like... jump, and then he's all, like "Mad Hops" and then you're all, pew, pew, pew and he goes "Shots, shots, shots shots shots shots" with the bass thumping and stuff and then you go to like, switch weapons and he yells "Swap Meet" and then you throw your grenade and it explodes and he's all "Hail Mary."

343 isn't the only one who thinks thats da bomb! Am I right kids? DA bomb? I totally said "DA" instead of "the" because thats da' word on the street? Right? Chill? Rad...? Please don't buy Black Ops 2.

Bunch of fucking squares in here.
fuckin lol

MrDaravon

Been busy all day playing the Borderlands 2 DLC (it's pretty awesome overall), have we gotten any clarification on the whole Specialization debacle? And/or did we find something else terrible to bitch about?

Been busy all day playing the Borderlands 2 DLC (it's pretty awesome overall), have we gotten any clarification on the whole Specialization debacle? And/or did we find something else terrible to bitch about?
What is the debacle about?

Every person who buys the Limited Edition or pre-orders the game at a specific retailer will unlock every specialization at Day 1. If the person reaches lvl. 50, he can pick between every specialization and not 2. Buyers who do not buy the LE or pre-order the game at a specific retailer will only have the option between two specialization when they reach lvl 50. They will have to wait until 343i unlocks the other specialization for them.

Every person who buys the Limited Edition or pre-orders the game at a specific retailer will unlock every specialization at Day 1. If the person reaches lvl. 50, he can pick between every specialization and not 2. Buyers who do not buy the LE or pre-order the game at a specific retailer will only have the option between two specialization when they reach lvl 50. They will have to wait until 343i unlocks the other specialization for them.

There was some promotional picture that said those who play the game by November 20th will unlock all of the specializations as well.
That is what all the drama is about.

MrDaravon

Because the initial email yesterday seemed to indicate there would be only a 2-3 week delay for anyone who plays the standard edition by 11/20, whereas before they had indicated that the other specializations would be released "gradually in the upcoming months." Big difference, and is the LE dealbreaker for me (combined with the Season Pass in the LE not coming with the helmets that the standalone Season Pass gets). Who's even probably going to hit 50 in 2-3 weeks, much less actually unlock multiple specializations in that timeframe (to take advantage of the extra ones with the LE)?

I had assumed (I guess foolishly) that since that blew up yesterday over the course of a full business day someone would have seen fit to make some sort of official comment on it.

So I was looking at the Halo 4 soundtrack site and it has conflicting information. It's says Digital version will release on the 21st, but it also says it won't release until the 22nd. Which is it?

JackHerer

Just though of something: the spawning system better be very good in this game to accommodate instant respawn.

If not, I see many rage inducing moments where the guy you just killed instantly respawns and cleans you up from half-way across the map with his 3x scope DMR.

Top Bottom