• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

Fotos

Anyone else notice that when Chief shot his Assault Rifle it was the same sound as the Halo 3 AR.
ieKk4owr5oM2E.gif

Its the main trailer for the game that they went and got Hollywood directors to produce. You think that would be wasted on this fuckin idiot Jimmy Fallon?

It supposed to hype for Halo 4, you have no idea who he is fighting and the flashback scenes make no fuckin sense unless you know the canon inside out.

I don't think its piss poor but those Bungie spots always got my hype, the music everything. This was more like wtf?

I hear ya'. I agree about the Bungie trailers and TV spost, there was always that magic moment.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Considering I did not get chills while watching it I would have to put it towards the bottom of the Halo live action trailer/commercial list. However, I do have a theory as to why I didn't get chills and so I don't think I can judge it fairly.

MrBig

No way you'd have any idea what's going on unless you've read Fall of Reach. Didn't feel like it hyped the game, just gave a small visual exploration of the fiction. The music killed it the most, dramatic build up and then nothing.

H4 needs something engaging like the Landfall and ODST shorts. Something as epic and physically displayable as the Believe diorama would also be exceedingly awesome to see.

Perhaps they'll cut up some of the later FuD episodes?

Ken

Would have been neat to see them animate the Promethean rifle transforming but oh well. :(

I watched it again. I don't see how some of you don't like it.

I was expecting more Spartan stuff...like armored Spartans doing things and not just moping around in their less interesting forms.

It would be like if a Call of Duty trailer just featured characters talking about things. Or an Avengers movie trailer featuring the Avengers without their suits and not showing off their powers. Hope that makes sense.

Would have been neat to see them animate the Promethean rifle transforming but oh well. :(

This. Plus the Knights looked way off, very clearly upscaled game assets. This trailer lacked any emotional or epic punch.

Maybe I would like it more if his captor spoke at the end.

Ryaaan14

Banned
I'm randomly looking through H4 armor videos on YouTube and it's with mixed emotions that I see that they all pretty much have conflicting information with what you get from which pre-order or game SKU.

You would think this would be raising some red flags at 343, but apparently not. There's gonna be a lot of fans upset after they get their game and realize what they didn't actually get I think.

blamite

So, that's Linda we see right? (red hair walking out the door) I believe I heard it say Spartan 58

I think the number you hear called is 019, which would be
Serin Osman from the Traviss books.
Cool connection.
eidt: Although it also kind of sounds like 018, which wouldn't make sense since number would be Kirk.

Sanjuro

Fuck the haters. I still prefer this to driving up Cape Cod answering payphones that don't work to talk to people who like bees...or do I?

zlatko

Banned
I posted in the trailer OT, but I'll summarize:

Cool trailer, but did NOTHING to hype me up for H4. This seems like Forward Unto Dawn material more than it is launch trailer material for a game which are generally used to generate excitement of some kind for your game.

I hope MSoft doesn't use this shit in anyway shape or form as commercials to try to entice people to play H4, because compared to every other games ad campaigns, this is dog shit.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Whhhaa... Thats pretty awesome.

Maybe we will get a long-long form trailer with some more interesting back story and good music?

I think the number you hear called is 019, which would be
Serin Osman from the Traviss books.
Cool connection.

Pretty damned sure I heard 58. Maybe we will get some clarification later. Perhaps more people will weigh in with what they heard.

Anyone want to hazard a guess as to how FUD will go tomorrow?

As long as the action picks up. The production quality is great but where is the Chief and Covies? I'm hoping this episode marks the spiral into action for the rest of the series. Considering it's only 5 episodes and essentially 2 episodes have been without major action or the Chief. Time to get nasty I say!

I watched it again. I don't see how some of you don't like it.

Spoliers are their enemy mate. Those who know the Halo 4 story, cut scenes and leaks aren't going to be impressed by the trailer.

I'm happy to see the Chief and Spartans akin to the Eric Nylund novels, more of that story arc and settings please. Far better than Travvis or Bear, BAM.

I think part of it might be the story or lack of. In all the Halo's you had this epic sense of large scale war which Chief was sort of the only chance Earth had. Its hard for me to imagine this villain on one planet is that much of a threat when I am used to entire armies of UNSC and Convenent fighting each other.

idk, maybe this more personal journey is just not grabbing me. I never really like the who kidnapping kids part of the story either, I kind of ignore it. I never really understood the purposed of it, they couldn't use marines? Makes no sense.

blamite

Pretty damned sure I heard 58. Maybe we will get some clarification later. Perhaps more people will weigh in with what they heard.

Hmm, possibly. I can't tell if the last number is supposed to be a 9 or an 8, but I can't hear the second one as anything other than 1.

edit: okay, yeah, after rewinding that section about 20 times, you're probably right, it's 058. So Linda then. Cool.

heckfu

Banned
idk, maybe this more personal journey is just not grabbing me. I never really like the who kidnapping kids part of the story either, I kind of ignore it. I never really understood the purposed of it, they couldn't use marines? Makes no sense.

You should dive into the story more. Halsey used kids because they were easier to indoctrinate I believe.

Vire

It just felt sterile. There needs to be some dramatic build up in music, raise the decibel level up ten notches. Create some drama...

How about a parent screaming as their child is taken away?

The action was fairly route as well. Chief firing a shotgun as he's charging, how creative!

Here's hoping the gameplay trailer fairs better. :(

Top Bottom