• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

wwm0nkey

I wouldn't call it horrible, but I think after the explosion in quality from 1 to 2, expectations were at an unreachable high. Enjoyable game, but it was never going to hit U2 levels of greatness. And yeah, the aiming was definitely funky.

Oh I am not talking about the SP, the SP was great, the MP on the other hand was horrible on all levels.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm playing campaign in Reach... and enjoying it.

ssZGW.gif

http://i.imgur.com/ssZGW.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Campaign MM is a lot of fun to just lurk on boring nights while your teammates do most of the work.. takes a load off.

[quote="thetrin, post: 43423759"]Its....grunty thirst?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE][IMG]http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070104190353/halo/images/d/d4/Food_nipple_grunt.jpg
Champion

I love New Alexandria. Just flying around the city in the rain killing Banshees is awesome. I remember the first time I played it how much I loved seeing the Carriers fly overhead and then glass the outskirts of the city. Great mission IMO.

Nowise10

I actually think Halo;Reach has the best Campaign. The missions are all so different and fun.

And if I had posted back in 2007, that we would have Halo game where you pilot a MAC Cannon, to defend the Pillar of Autumn, all while a Covenant Cruiser is flying over you preparing to glass the planet, and you need to shoot down waves of Phantoms, until the Carrier is close enough to shoot it down, NO ONE would believe me.

Havok

I actually think Halo;Reach has the best Campaign. The missions are all so different and fun.

And if I had posted back in 2007, that we would have Halo game where you pilot a MAC Cannon, to defend the Pillar of Autumn, all while a Covenant Cruiser is flying over you preparing to glass the planet, and you need to shoot down waves of Phantoms, until the Carrier is close enough to shoot it down, NO ONE would believe me.
Yeah, especially if you told them that it was the polar opposite of a fun segment in a video game.

Fotos

If you explained any of the new features that were implemented in Reach no one would believe you. Armor Abilities, Bloom, no skill rank, no dual wielding, no BR, shitty forge.

Omni

HAHAHA, post of the year! :D

Oh wait... You're serious.

The game is more linear than pretty much every other Halo game (TotS looked so awesome, too), it trashed accepted canon (I don't care how you try to explain it, the fact is for months the entire story didn't fit), had terrible character development and all you did throughout the five hour campaign was press buttons and die. Not to mention the AI on higher difficulties used cheap tactics to seem harder (i.e, instead of the AI dodging and being more strategic, Bungie just upped their shields and made their weapons more powerful than yours...)

I was able to play the CE, 2 and 3's campaigns for years before I got Live. Went through Reach's maybe once or twice before I got bored. Definitely the worst, IMO.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
The Reach campaign is good, for sure. Just no where near my favorite in the series.

Damn, in a little over two weeks we'll be playing the Halo 4 campaign. New enemies, new weapons, new mysteries, weird picture-in-picture Skype boxes on our HUDs... I hope it feels more grand than Reach did when I first played it. If it has even half the effect Halo CE had, then I'll call it a success.

I keep on thinking I'll play multiplayer first, but I don't know if I'll be able to resist the call of campaign...

Complex reminds of Snowbound the more I look at it.
I can kind of see it... But it has way more space, more interior sections, more complex terrain... It's pretty different.

Gotta say.. Seeing the Chief without his helmet on, albeit from angles that don't share his face, disappoints me ;[

Can't wait to see that trailer though after I beat the game.

I spend way too much time each day thinking about this. I've settled on MP at release then campaign the following day when not as many people are online.

Same, but the conclusion I came to was spoilers. I have to experience the game as dougie fresh as can be..

Fotos

HAHAHA, post of the year! :D
I was able to play the CE, 2 and 3's campaigns for years before I got Live. Went through Reach's maybe once or twice before I got bored. Definitely the worst, IMO.

I completely agree. If it weren't for Campaign achievements and Challenges I would never play the Reach campaign. My favorite Halo campaign or any video game campaign is probably Halo 3. I still play it all the time by myself or with a few of my friends.

Ken

Watching the Halo 2 cutscene where the Arbiter knocks out Johnson and slaps the SMGs out of Miranda's hands...so bad.

Redford

aka Cabbie
I keep on thinking I'll play multiplayer first, but I don't know if I'll be able to resist the call of campaign...

Funny, it's probably the opposite for most people.

Personally I'm in no rush to beat the campaign on launch, I have all weekend and Halo must be played in the dead of night. New Alexandria was all the better for that.

Edit: apologies for the dp.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I spend way too much time each day thinking about this. I've settled on MP at release then campaign the following day when not as many people are online.
Yeah, that's exactly what my current plan is. It all looks so delicious and tantalizing, I just don't know. I'll probably spam invites to whoever's still playing when I get home with the game at 12:20 Pacific, and if no one takes, I'll dive into campaign.

FyreWulff

I'm so glad they changed the voice actor from Julie Benz in Halo 2. "I repeat the Covenant is on Reach" sounds like high shakespearean acting next to her delivery in that game.

Top Bottom