• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

I have a request. Can anyone take my avatar and make it something like this with the Didact symbol?
577085_10151247584606023_1278088392_n.jpg

Sorry to totally rip off your idea (but in my opinion all of HaloGaf should do this. :p )

Omni

Do you think we'll ever get proper "classes" in Halo?

Twas just playing BF3 and thought about it. It doesn't seem that much of a stretch considering the leap Halo 4 took with custom loadouts.

Twas just playing BF3 and thought about it. It doesn't seem that much of a stretch considering the leap Halo 4 took with custom loadouts.

Maybe in Halo 6. Who knows. The power weapon sandbox would have to change significantly but from what 343 did with Halo 4, I wouldn't be surprised to see that happen to Halo in 6 years.

Woorloog

Banned
Pffth, it seems the LE is not so limited. MS made a second run?

For a mainline Halo? No, at least i don't think so.
Maybe gametypes with classes? Yes, but not as normal gamemode.

A spinoff could have those, some sort Battlefield clone. Halofield?

I wonder what the "storm the beach" scene will be in Halo 4, if it has one.

Halo 1: TSC
Halo 2: Delta Halo
Halo 3: The Covenant
Halo 3 ODST: Uplift Reserve (Kind of. You start out on a beach.)
Halo Reach: Long Night of Solace

Conor 419

Banned
Now that I think about it, every Halo has that one line that you wonder how it got recorded

Halo 1: "This cave isn't a natural formation, someone built it, so it must lead somewhere."
Halo 2: the entirety of Julie Benz' acting
Halo 3: "To war"
Wars: "I'm in the sun now"
Reach: "I repeat, the Covenant is on reach"

Anyone who states this is a dumb line, doesn't understand the line.

IHaveIce

Banned
I would be interested, if we can manage it, to make seperate leagues for continents. It's really hard to play with some of you guys, because of the time difference.Wish I would live in the USA, sometimes.
yep same for me. I would have no problem staying up late and play some games, but sometimes I work at night :/

But I like the idea and I just need a team member

MrDaravon

Pffth, it seems the LE is not so limited. MS made a second run?

Hard to say, it's been mostly OOS at places but it'll sometimes come back in stock briefly at Amazon then go OOS again. I don't think it's going to be super rare, but considering most places haven't been taking regular orders for it for over a month I think they may have finally learned from the Halo 3/Reach LE debacles.

TheOddOne

I just wonder with all the graphical enhancements that we will get large scale levels like The Ark and The Covenant. Heck, even bigger would blow my mind.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I just wonder with all the graphical enhancements that we will get large scale levels like The Ark and The Covenant. Heck, even bigger would blow my mind.

based on that huge desert spops level, i'm expecting some rather large campaign spaces too. i need some epic warthog battles

I shouldn't have gone to the Waypoint forums this morning. Someone is spamming threads with the ending of Halo 4. Or at least I assume it is, I don't want to look it up to verify it.

DeadNames

Banned
Anyone wanna distort my avatar?

Using MS Paint on that would be painful...

I shouldn't have gone to the Waypoint forums this morning. Someone is spamming threads with the ending of Halo 4. Or at least I assume it is, I don't want to look it up to verify it.

yup. DO NOT GO ON WAYPOINT IF YOU'RE SPOILER FREE.

Well actually, it's not the actual ending. Just some made up one. BUT STILL DON'T GO THERE.

Fuchsdh

The good thing about being a fiction nut is I've probably already thought of how Halo 4 will end, so my ability to be ruinously spoiled is low.

Still, trying to keep it clean. I usually run out and just read the plot summaries on Wikipedia for movies before I see them, but I wanna pretend like it's Halo 1 again and I'm just a teenager creeping through some swamp...

Omni

I stopped going to Waypoint forums months ago. Nothing to do with the people/community, just the site is really glitchy and slow. Not worth the hassle.

Anyone wanna distort my avatar?

Using MS Paint on that would be painful...

yup. DO NOT GO ON WAYPOINT IF YOU'RE SPOILER FREE.

Well actually, it's not the actual ending. Just some made up one. BUT STILL DON'T GO THERE.

That's good. I'm done going there until I finish the game though. Not risking it anymore.

DeadNames

Banned
That's good. I'm done going there until I finish the game though. Not risking it anymore.

I was so close to being in your position... So close to being spoiler free. Then some dickhead spoils the game for me IRL.

Fuck reddit.

Happened with Reach too. Do some people have any sense of honor?

IHaveIce

Banned
From Making Halo 4: Infinity Multiplayer:

As you can see, only on some of the SITRECs (in these clips, only the first and the fourth) does it show what appears to be a diagonal bronze bar, similar to the emblem used for "Private" in Halo: Reach. Is this part of an as yet unannounced skill ranking system? Or perhaps something from an earlier build that was cut from the final game?

It think it is the latter but would also be very happy with the skill ranking system.

And by looking at this thread, now I also really want a distorted avatar :(
Anyone would be so kind?

Omni

Talking about the Didact...

What makes him worse than the Flood again? If I'm not mistaken, he lost to the Flood. Well... The Forerunners lost to the Flood (I count effectively blowing everything up as losing), and considering he's Forerunner... hmmm.

That's one of the big problems I've had with the story side of Halo 4's new arc. It's been hyped up as "Ermahgerd Derdac!" but there's no actual explanation as to what makes him so evil. I'm just not seeing it.

Aggrotek

Could someone modify my avatar to have the Didact symbol behind Pikachu, still retaining all transparencies. Wait hold on, lemme find the original without the 2.

Top Bottom