• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

MrDaravon

They are going to open up all these skins and armor to everyone down the road after enough time has elapsed for the retailers.

Basically it's the gears 3 route.

That's only for the million different pre-order bonuses though right? I'm assuming that the Prime skin will remain exclusive to the LE and the Fotus one to the console bundle (as stupid as that is), but I'm wondering if the two that come with the individual Season Pass will be freely available later or not.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
What about my VHS helmet?
Was that ever actually confirmed not with the LE? I think BSangel was speculating on that and never confirmed.

If it is the case, it may remain exclusive longer or permenantly. I still believe the LE skin, the Fotus armor and the map helmets will remain exclusive like the Adam fenix skin remained exclusive to the gears 3 LE.

Nando13

I'll trade all the codes in the world for a Mark V.

CurrentMarkV.png

My code please.

Tawpgun

Most of the helmets/armor are mediocre anyway. Didn't find one thing when I was scrolling through them at NYCC that I really liked.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Sanjuro, what was that LOCUS code from, seriously.

My NZ friend is giving me his MightyApe codes and I'm wondering if it's the same one. I was under the impression it was a skin for LOCUS and not the actual helmet.

MrDaravon

Was that ever actually confirmed not with the LE? I think BSangel was speculating on that and never confirmed.

If it is the case, it may remain exclusive longer or permenantly. I still believe the LE skin, the Fotus armor and the map helmets will remain exclusive like the Adam fenix skin remained exclusive to the gears 3 LE.

I believe it was confirmed to not be with the Season Pass that comes with the LE, I've seen links thrown around on that but don't have them handy.

Related question - I just now found out that Specializations have unique armor. Do we know if there is any way to use that armor if we don't have that Specialization equipped, or maybe if we unlock the ability to use them once we max out that Specialization or something? For example, if I want to use the Wetworks helmet but don't want to use that Specialization is that possible?

She confirmed it on twitter.

Moa

You don't get any special helmets with the Halo 4 Limited Edition Map Pass, just the Limited Edition exclusive stuff.

Falifax

Tbh recruit is still the best, so having the skin for it is a bonus anyway, lol. Plus I can't see not getting a halo LE. I always get them. Even though this one is the worst yet.

I always used ODST and Recruit is the closest to that visual, also it's one of the decent looking helmets in the game IMO.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I believe it was confirmed to not be with the Season Pass that comes with the LE, I've seen links thrown around on that but don't have them handy.

Related question - I just now found out that Specializations have unique armor. Do we know if there is any way to use that armor if we don't have that Specialization equipped, or maybe if we unlock the ability to use them once we max out that Specialization or something? For example, if I want to use the Wetworks helmet but don't want to use that Specialization is that possible?

Pretty sure that was all speculation based off of BSangel's post that she didn't know, but thought it might not. Plus kittens just said it does come with it, not sure where he got that from though.

Sanjuro, what was that LOCUS code from, seriously.

My NZ friend is giving me his MightyApe codes and I'm wondering if it's the same one. I was under the impression it was a skin for LOCUS and not the actual helmet.

We've known since PAX that there is no skin for Locus and that it is just the helmet.
You unlock the classes which can increase the rate of getting customizations though. From my understanding anyway.
Which you get if you play the game before November 20th anyways.

m23

Thought I'd have a go at Didacting-up my icon. T'was fun.

So, out of curiosity, is anyone here getting the Halo 4 Art book? Kinda forgot that thing existed for a while. As well as the collector's edition guide book.

I have the limited edition guide and the art book ordered, of course I can't open them until I finish campaign. Extras for the limited edition guide are pretty cool, including an extra 50 pages of commentary from 343.

I have the limited edition guide and the art book ordered, of course I can't open them until I finish campaign. Extras for the limited edition guide are pretty cool, including an extra 50 pages of commentary from 343.

50 pages of them talking about how they wanted to make the game more "visceral"?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

That's misleading, that person is jumping to conclusions based off his "No it's not" which could apply to many different meanings on what I stated in that post.

What we do know is that stuff that's not available at launch IS going to be available later to us. What that stuff is yet, we don't know. But it's safe to assume the preorder shit is at least what's covered.
I never saw her question it, all I saw was her out right saying they are different.

I saw her say they are different, but she had to check on it. Then nothing.

MrDaravon

The fact that we can't even get a clear answer on this stuff is completely absurd. We shouldn't be having to try to interpret the meaning behind Twitter posts two weeks away from launch to find out if content in the LE is different or not. Their messaging on this stuff fucking sucks. The longer it's taking them to provide a clear answer, the more likely it seems that they're just stalling or not answering because they know people aren't going to like the answer.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
The fact that we can't even get a clear answer on this stuff is completely absurd. We shouldn't be having to try to interpret the meaning behind Twitter posts two weeks away from launch to find out if content in the LE is different or not. Their messaging on this stuff fucking sucks. The longer it's taking them to provide a clear answer, the more likely it seems that they're just stalling or not answering because they know people aren't going to like the answer.

Agreed, and we've been promised answers multiple times and gotten none (at least definitive clear answers). The thing is, you can look at what happened with Gears 3 and it's pretty much the same thing going on here, so that's how I'm gearing my expectations (no pun intended).

People just need to learn how to relax and enjoy the ride.

Uh, people need to be informed on what they are spending money on.

Ryaaan14

Banned

This is exactly why I'm buying the standard edition. If they don't care to fill me in on deets, I'm ok with not spending the extra money.

IHaveIce

Banned
Damn, I didn't care at all for this DEXP stuff, but seeing you guys getting all this stuff I'm really jelous.

Just watched some stuff about Black Ops 2, I really disliked the past CoDs but this one has neat features.

They should just completely remove
-DlC skins.armor.
-Pre-order bonuses.
-Double Xp FOOD.

What the hell has Halo become?

Include everything in the game when you BUY it.

Jesus christ, bunch of ten year olds dressing up their manbarbies and companies selling out.

Skin/helmet talk has to be the most useless talk in this thread. elzabams posts have more content.

and I'm calm again. Thanks for listening everybody.

MrDaravon

People just need to learn how to relax and enjoy the ride.

I'd like to know if the Season Pass included in the LE I'm paying $40 more includes the same content that standalone Season Pass buyers are getting. That's not unreasonable, and no one has been willing to provide a clear answer. And given that the LE has already been devauled by having the FUD being digital only, and the exclusivity period on the Specializations included with the LE only being 2-3 weeks, people have a right to be pissed. They're very actively devaluing a product people haven't even actually bought yet.

Even if they confirm that the Season Pass in the LE includes the skins/emblem as well, I'm still canceling my pre-order for it, as a customer I don't appreciate being jerked around.

Shadders

Buck you all, yall all should have avatars where characters from Halo eating popcorn. Now that would be awesome.

We'll save that for the week before the Halo movie. :D

Hey book fiends, I have a question. Which Halo books should I read for maximum enjoyment of Halo 4? I've only read the first 3 books and started Ghosts of Onyx ages ago (which I would have to restart). Please advise.

You don't have much time, you should order Glasslands and Thursday War and get reading Onyx. In an ideal world you'll have read all three, but if you don't have time then I'd say get Thursday War done before you play Halo 4 even if that does mean you're a bit confused having missed one of the books.

If you only have time to read one make it Thursday War as it will have the biggest impact on Halo 4.

Didact hates ice. I hate him already.

mANtZ.gif

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I thought people just bought it for the packaging and digital swag?

So if someone handed you a bag that said "food" on it and charged you 50 dollars you would just buy it without knowing what it actually contained?

That's the problem, we really don't know EXACTLY what this thing has in it.

She also answered your question, lol.

"The LE does not come with the War Games Map Pass armor and emblem DLC. The content is different and unique to each SKU. So the LE comes with the Prime armor skin, Prime weapon skin, Prime emblem, Recruit armor avatar costume, and Cryo-Tube avatar prop, and the standalone Halo 4 War Games Map Pass comes with the Scanner helmet, Strider helmet, and Falcon emblem. I know that's not good news for the completionists amongst you, which is why we're brainstorming ways to make those items available in the (distant) future."

So yeah, they will also be available.

They should just completely remove
-DlC skins.armor.
-Pre-order bonuses.
-Double Xp FOOD.

What the hell has Halo become?

Include everything in the game when you BUY it.

Jesus christ, bunch of ten year olds dressing up their manbarbies and companies selling out.

Skin/helmet talk has to be the most useless talk in this thread. elzabams posts have more content.

and I'm calm again. Thanks for listening everybody.

But my mountain dew fueled camouflaged spartan with a unicorn helmet is totally going to give me a leg up on MP.

She also answered your question, lol.

"The LE does not come with the War Games Map Pass armor and emblem DLC. The content is different and unique to each SKU. So the LE comes with the Prime armor skin, Prime weapon skin, Prime emblem, Recruit armor avatar costume, and Cryo-Tube avatar prop, and the standalone Halo 4 War Games Map Pass comes with the Scanner helmet, Strider helmet, and Falcon emblem. I know that's not good news for the completionists amongst you, which is why we're brainstorming ways to make those items available in the (distant) future."

So yeah, they will also be available.
Who knows if they will actually go through with it. They could just change their minds and change what the small kilobyte file will unlock but they haven't.

Top Bottom