• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

Who knows Java; More specifically who knows anything about the Calendar or GregorianCalendar classes? And yes this is Halo related.

What do you need to know about Calendar? Once you figure it out it's actually a decent API

Code:
		//right now cal is the curent time
		Calendar cal = Calendar.getInstance();
		//cal is now one week from now
		cal.add(Calendar.WEEK_OF_YEAR,1);

//date object from what calendar currently represents
		Date dateObject = cal.getTime();

Thinking about hopping on for some reach of Halo 3 in a bit.

feel

No avatar for the chums?
iLTfg2fbC5daj.jpg

Trying to make my submission for the remix contest but it's not coming out so well :( any tips? Ark City Didacts - Space Jam (Awakening Mix) must live on!

Karl2177

What do you need to know about Calendar? Once you figure it out it's actually a decent API

Code:
		//right now cal is the curent time
		Calendar cal = Calendar.getInstance();
		//cal is now one week from now
		cal.add(Calendar.WEEK_OF_YEAR,1);

//date object from what calendar currently represents
		Date dateObject = cal.getTime();

Thinking about hopping on for some reach of Halo 3 in a bit.

Ahhhh now I get it. I was mistaken by what 'field' meant in the add(field, int) method. The way you put it made it painfully obvious that I was making it much more complicated than what it was. Thanks!

EDIT: Is there an easy way to set the Calendar object to be a specific date in the future, aside from getInstance(), add(MONTH, 2), add(YEAR, 1), add(DAY, 3)?

Fuchsdh

Wow... really? After two weeks of teasing for your book, you're gonna call someone else on a tease?

Wet blanket. :(

Not so much wet, as moldy :)

The glacier thing is really wonky, but luckily I don't have to pay attention to that stuff since whatever comes of it will get posted here or HBO.

TheOddOne

Trying to make my submission for the remix contest but it's not coming out so well :( any tips? Ark City Didacts - Space Jam (Awakening Mix) must live on!
00:00 - 00:20 Dirty south drum beat, slowly bring in hi-hats, begin slow and keep going fater and faster.
00:20 - 00:40 Switch it up, drop sick ass baseline, airhorn the ish up, add a smooth ass sax to the mix, shoutout to Marthy.
00:40 - 04:25 Rap about the Didact wanting to inslave cats, Master Chief shows up, Cats become flood, Sg. Johnson teleports out of nowhere and joins the fight, everybody from Reach just shows up in warthog and they fight along side the non flood cats.

Awwww yeahhh

MIDTV.png

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

00:00 - 00:20 Dirty south drum beat, slowly bring in hi-hats, begin slow and keep going fater and faster.
00:20 - 00:40 Switch it up, drop sick ass baseline, airhorn the ish up, add a smooth ass sax to the mix, shoutout to Marthy.
00:40 - 04:25 Rap about the Didact wanting to inslave cats, Master Chief shows up, Cats become flood, Sg. Johnson teleports out of nowhere and joins the fight, everybody from Reach just shows up in warthog and they fight along side the cats.

I admire your dedication to the cause, but...

CyReN

Did 343 say the skins will be available eventually like Gears of War 3 did or am I going to have to be a horrible person and return copies..

Ahhhh now I get it. I was mistaken by what 'field' meant in the add(field, int) method. The way you put it made it painfully obvious that I was making it much more complicated than what it was. Thanks!

EDIT: Is there an easy way to set the Calendar object to be a specific date in the future, aside from getInstance(), add(MONTH, 2), add(YEAR, 1), add(DAY, 3)?

There is. The set method is overloaded with a bunch of convenience methods.

You probably want something on
Code:
set(int year, int month, int date)
set(int year, int month, int date, int hourOfDay, int minute)
set(int year, int month, int date, int hourOfDay, int minute, int second)

KYZR

I'm a bit late to the party, but at least my avatar is all Didactified, ^.^
here's the symbol I made If anyone still needs one.

AF3VJ.png

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Did 343 say the skins will be available eventually like Gears of War 3 did or am I going to have to be a horrible person and return copies..

BSangel did in the bulletin.
People going through all this shit are doing it unnecessarily. But it makes them happy, so meh.

Top Bottom