• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

Omni

WHY THE FUCK IS THERE A GAUSS HOG

A perfectly fun game of BTB was just completely and utterly ruined by it just then.

If I had my way, the Gauss 'Hog, Scorpion and Mantis would be removed from matchmaking; The first two have never worked in multiplayer and I'm not sure why 343i thought that they would in this game. Mantis just seems OP to me. Once you've destroyed the other Mantis, it's very easy to spawn kill the other team on Valhalla.

I've got a feeling that 343i are going to try and balance everything instead of cutting things however.

I was being purposely facetious. Move on from that.

If you want to have an actual discussion I'd be happy to oblige, but I just can't take any post seriously when they call something in to question and don't give any reasoning to go along with the complaints.
Then why not just say this in the first place instead of wasting time doing what you were doing? Why not just ask for examples? And why single out my comment? Doesn't this post by WJD have the same problems?

Besides, now you're being vague. What is it that you want me to elaborate on? Is it the putty comment? The Mass Effect comment? Though I gave an explanation for that when I said it might be the bloom.

Many of this games problems dissipate when you play slayer pro. Slayer pro is a very good playlist. At the minute I'm enjoying the multiplayer but I think mlg could make this an exceptional Halo game, instead of an arcade Halo game - Seinfeld: "Not that there's anything wrong with that"

KOTH is the best playlist.

Not with randoms, that's for sure.

I forgot how much fun you can have on normal difficulty during the campaign. On higher difficulties you have to be cautious, but you can just go crazy on normal. Just hijacked a ghost and splattered pretty much everyone on the tower near the end of the second level.

I'm still on my first playthrough on normal, and it's a lot of fun. I can see Knights being annoying on higher difficulties though. The teleport mechanic just isn't fun.

Overdoziz

Banned
Many of this games problems dissipate when you play slayer pro. Slayer pro is a very good playlist. At the minute I'm enjoying the multiplayer but I think mlg could make this an exceptional Halo game, instead of an arcade Halo game - Seinfeld: "Not that there's anything wrong with that"
The long kill times become really apparent in that playlist though since you'll see less team-shooting because there's no radar.

GhaleonEB

I like how every glitch automatically makes the game more competitive somehow.
That was my response as well. It's a glitch, therefore competitive. Oooookaaaay.
Something I just saw Godly point out that I didn't know yet:

When playing a film in Theater for a Forge map, lighting is not generated

Does it generate when screenshots are taken? I was hoping we'd be able to show that in pics of maps are shared; finding places or angles with good lighting is going to make a difference.

The long kill times become really apparent in that playlist though since you'll see less team-shooting because there's no radar.

Haven't had a problem with the kill times in slayer pro thus far but then I've only really played less than sterling opponents in there. Speaking of radar, traditonally I've always preferred it in my Halo. In Halo 4 though, I think I prefer it without. It has far too much range on the standard playlists, shows elevation (a mistake) and is cluttered with shit, particularly in btb.

Ghaleon, have you played btb yet? Thoughts?

kylej

Banned
http://www.twitch.tv/siglemic

sig is coming up on his 48th straight hour of streaming for those interested. when I watched him last night he was nearly passing out. He kept pausing and falling asleep for 5 seconds then waking back up. How he kept going through the night is beyond me.

So did 343 create insanely long hallways in Halo 4's Campaign strictly because of sprint? Seriously, sprint-stop, sprint-stop, door, door opens, door locks - enter either portal, elevator, press button (using your palm, side of hand, or any variation of fingers), or insert Cortana...

JHall

I think it's to try and decrease the amount of power weapons on the map. If they didn't despawn quickly, there'd be power weapons everywhere.

There are already power weapons everywhere. Infinity slayer is the biggest cluster fuck I've played since Shipment in CoD 4.

To be clear, I find this game to be better than Halo 3 and Reach; but that really isn't saying much at all.

yep it's definitely not Halo, which is disappointing because I come to Halo for Halo. Saddest part of Halo 4 to me is seeing the franchise switch from being an industry leader to following in the footsteps of others and gobbling up all their shitty mechanics. Sacrificed its identity for nothing. Right now it seems like good mindless fun but I don't see myself playing this months into the future unless some major, major patches happen.

If slayer pro had a decent 4 shot utility weapon and none of the random ordnance junk I would be all over this game.

Right now I have all but given up on it and am just grinding ranks and wasting time on it.

aFIGurANT

The one other thing that makes Slayer Pro need more gametypes is the fact that there's no radar. When was the last time HALO had anything first person without radar, besides SWAT? It's totally broken and probably the most blatant ripping of other games' gametypes (all the deatmatch pro stuff in every CoD the last 4 years).

The one other thing that makes Slayer Pro need more gametypes is the fact that there's no radar. When was the last time HALO had anything first person without radar, besides SWAT? It's totally broken and probably the most blatant ripping of other games' gametypes (all the deatmatch pro stuff in every CoD the last 4 years).
What.

Voltron64

lulz

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Anyone else can't stand Adrift? I either feel like I'm trading kills or half-way down a hallway with no exit before some cunt gets the drop on me.

wat

Junior...

aFIGurANT

Which gametype in Halo 2, 3, ODST, or Reach did not have radar? Am I missing something? No radar in a normal deathmatch game in Halo feels completely against the grain of what a "Classic" playlist should be about. And right now, Pro is all we have in that vein. It's bogus.

Which gametype in Halo 2, 3, ODST, or Reach did not have radar? Am I missing something? No radar in a normal deathmatch game in Halo feels completely against the grain of what a "Classic" playlist should be about. And right now, Pro is all we have in that vein. It's bogus.
Team hardcore and mlg

Pop

If slayer pro had a decent 4 shot utility weapon and none of the random ordnance junk I would be all over this game.

Right now I have all but given up on it and am just grinding ranks and wasting time on it.

Do you really need a 4 shot weapon to like Halo? I recall the kill times are about the same as previous halos.

Ordnance are not so random, it's the same drops every time. Have you not noticed scattershot dropping bottom mid on Haven every game. Their set and at exact times.

Already gave up and it's been less than a week. Geez

Talents

Banned

Are you serious?

Striker

Halo 2 Snipers
Reach Snipers

It's a million times better without radar.

Team Hardcore and MLG were both objective and slayer based, and neither had it.

JHall

what-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-569.gif

Gui_PT

Gui its better than Me3 multiplayer.
I should make a firebase white (classic) in forge.

Join in Progress... fucking JiP.

It has many good aspects. And many not good aspects.

I'm still not sure where I come down. I don't think it's a bad game, but I'm not enjoying it as much as I'd hoped.

A couple times. I'm not a fan of Infinity Slayer, every game feels like Heavies. So I'm hoping a BTB objective game rotates in at some point.

I think it is. Most fun I've had playing Halo in a long time. But I'm not as "competitive" as others.

Thanks! Campaign felt very underwhelming.

Had a lot of fun playing MP but that's because I donged on everyone til they left.

aFIGurANT

Sooo a total of three - my bad. I don't get why there isn't a playlist that's not either the catchall for everyone, with shitty maps/random weapons/imbalanced teams, or an MLG-based gametype. Good one.

The point is that the only old-school playlist, something that would be nice to know is consistent to Reach if nothing else, doesn't have the staple of the franchise - constant radar that is omniscient unless someone is crouching.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Thanks! Campaign felt very underwhelming.

Had a lot of fun playing MP but that's because I donged on everyone til they left.

Yeah, was not a fan of the combat this go around. I think it was probably the worst "AI" we've seen in Halo. The story was good, even with the "cheese" factor.

I'm REALLY glad the covenant aren't speaking english anymore.

I really like the MP, but I've only put in about 8 hours so far, but I already like it way more than I ever liked Reach.

JHall

Sooo a total of three - my bad. I don't get why there isn't a playlist that's not either the catchall for everyone, with shitty maps/random weapons/imbalanced teams, or an MLG-based gametype. Good one.

The point is that the only old-school playlist, something that would be nice to know is consistent to Reach if nothing else, doesn't have the staple of the franchise - constant radar that is omniscient unless someone is crouching.

I don't even...

Thanks homies. I'm close too.

That made me laugh too.

Just got there about a half hour ago.

You get probably 10 more backgrounds? I could be wrong. But I got the one I want, which is the gear background. So now I'm happy.

It seems kind of silly that you have to unlock things like that, but oh well.

SO now that we had some games under our belt what are people's thought on the multiplayer?

Personally the randomness needs to go. They created a great game, but the randomness really mess things up. The ordnance system should only be used for powerups.

Giving people weapons encourages camping. Not only that there is no way to prepare or counter the other team if they get something good.

The Binary rifle is not rare and it should never come up in infinity slayer.

On Exile get rid of the tank and put the Mantis there. The Mantis does not belong on Ragnarok. It forces teams to stay at their base to much. The Mantis shouldn't exist at all, but if they want it on a map put it on Exile.

Complex is a bad map mainly because it is too big for infinity slayer and it gives people on the high ground way too much of an advantage.

Haven, Adrift, and Solace have been the best maps so far.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Just got there about a half hour ago.

You get probably 10 more backgrounds? I could be wrong. But I got the one I want, which is the gear background. So now I'm happy.

It seems kind of silly that you have to unlock things like that, but oh well.
I think it's sillier that for load out items and the emblems both have a #/# unlocked count that's not reflective of what you actually have from the total of the game's offerings, and is merely just two of the same number.

Overdoziz

Banned
Do you really need a 4 shot weapon to like Halo? I recall the kill times are about the same as previous halos.

Ordnance are not so random, it's the same drops every time. Have you not noticed scattershot dropping bottom mid on Haven every game. Their set and at exact times.

The drops are only the same at the beginning of the match. From there on out every 2 minutes one of several spots will be randomly chosen and then the game will randomly choose one of several weapons (depending on location it could also be just one weapon) to drop there.

I haven't noticed the same weapons dropping at the same locations at the same time in Slayer Pro. Until that makes it in the playlist, it is flawed.

Top Bottom