• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Lol Ninja played SWAT just now and got 3 Killtaculars and one Killtastrophe, Trueskill <3

trueskill works on a playlist by playlist basis. since swat just came out, its in the process of figuring out where to "rank" everyone.

Sissel

As much I don't like how the MP turned out, posting on somebody's twitter and calling them lazy is fucking stupid. This is why the gaming audience is the worst, the fans suck. Grow up.

Karl2177

Oh for fuck's sake. Children, there are better ways of voicing your criticism than making passive aggressive tweets at the person who made the content. Not to say I'm the pinnacle of critiques, but at least I post what the problem is. I don't go to David's house throwing eggs at him saying "Thanks for reusing assets, cuntwad!". Is reusing campaign space assets disappointing? Yes. Is it an acceptable alternative to pushing large files to your box every week? Definitely.

Tunavi

Banned
Well, my K/D just PLUMMETED tonight. Sorry about my shit performance, GGs everyone.
Hsn3I.png

I want to go home and play slayer pro.

Oh for fuck's sake. Children, there are better ways of voicing your criticism than making passive aggressive tweets at the person who made the content. Not to say I'm the pinnacle of critiques, but at least I post what the problem is. I don't go to David's house throwing eggs at him saying "Thanks for reusing assets, cuntwad!". Is reusing campaign space assets disappointing? Yes. Is it an acceptable alternative to pushing large files to your box every week? Definitely.
More people should read up on rogerian argument. Without proper grounds for accusation people come off as major "cuntwads".

Solo is actually the only way I've played this week's episode, yeah. I'll have some coop experience later tonight over LAN (since it's pretty much unplayable for me over Live). Still nowhere near last week's frustration with E1M3, if that's what you're worried about.

Having said that, nothing in this week reaches the high of Episode 1's Land Grab, either.
I actually preferred the last two missions over anything else from last weeks episode, so I guess we differ there. I hope we can get a 'play all' feature to make it more cohesive once the season is over with.

But why does the context of my previous tweets matter to what I said to you
Because it shows that your tweets are infantile at best and should be ignored.

David why are you being such a child? What you said to shin was down right offensive. Oh no he makes some joke tweets I guess his oppinion about your team recycling tons of missions and claiming we are getting 50 missions is worthless. David I used to respect you but honestly you can shove it.
Please shut the hell up. It's bad enough that this thread has turned to the dark side, but no one needs you two shitting in people's mouths and wondering why they hate the taste, you dolt.

.shin

Banned
Look, all Arched doing was defending me, I don't quite exactly agree with his choice of words.

I enjoy Spartan Ops, really. I AM disappointed with the reused assets from last week when I I was hoping for new locations. I will give it time before we get new, exciting content. (Judging by the achievements we will probably get repeats until after Episode 5)

However, I don't get how a lot of people were saying that the repeated missions were an act of laziness, but when I said something to Ellis, everyone changed their view.

Talents

Banned
Are you serious? David basically said my opinion doesn't matter because of what I tweet about. How is what I said more mean than what I originally said?

EDIT: AKA, I'm a bit offended

Dw, Alien ignores anyone who doesn't agree with his opinion. No one important is putting you on ignore.

heckfu

Banned
This is 100% unrelated to what's currently happening here (eh hmm), but why was the minimum age to post lowered? I feel like that may be a contributory factor to what all happens normally in this forum.

Havok

I actually preferred the last two missions over anything else from last weeks episode, so I guess we differ there. I hope we can get a 'play all' feature to make it more cohesive once the season is over with.
In that case, you might really enjoy this week's episode. Those two missions' style are largely what this week's episode consist of. I do really like them as a whole because I enjoy the core combat, excepting the moments of occasional frustration that come from a few of the things I mentioned in my initial post. Mission 3 (I think?) this week was especially enjoyable, but I won't go into specifics until folks have played it.

My love for Land Grab is in large part because there was nothing else like it in the campaign, not necessarily because I think it's actually the most well-designed mission (it has too many instances of OH GOD EVERYONE HAS A FUEL ROD WE GOTTA GO for that). It was the only real place to go for lengthy, large scale Halo in the game, while I could get tight infantry combat all over.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
This is 100% unrelated to what's currently happening here (eh hmm), but why was the minimum age to post lowered? I feel like that may be a contributory factor to what all happens normally in this forum.
I just wish everyone would put them on ignore, or that ignored users didn't also show up in quotes.

Tawpgun

I need halp saving Marines in Chapter 3 please

Oh and can we get a SpOps mission thats similar to either Midnight Rally Point Alpha or Shutdown.

willow ve

Ganted there are some things we would all change about multiplayer... ordnance, spawning, game type tweaks.... but this game is just fun to play in many ways that Reach was not.

Bummed i have to take a week off for real life

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

There's that and the Waypoint migration, which not everyone was terrible, but a good chunk are/were.

Was it actually lowered though or are people just sneaking in?

That last page literally makes me embarrassed to be here. Some people need to leave.

Seriously

The game is buggy

The second to last mission I had a bug that shook the entire level and kept repeating an explosion sound.

Really annoying.

I was very dumb last night. Was tired and went to sleep at 6 pm, woke up at midnight. Couldn't go back to sleep, so I played Halo until about 6 in the morning. Had to be at work at 8am and won't get off until 8pm. My games were a mixed bag. I got completely dominated 2-3 games with really bad K/D ratios, but I had a few games where I felt like I was unstoppable as well. What does it mean halogaf!!?! I must know :)

Crosspost-

The new Spartan Ops missions are actually a little difficult and fun. The combat is more open and the AI seems to push through it rather than anchor in.. I like that. Its still not perfect, but I am having a lot of fun. Too bad at all the reused level spaces already, but to be fair they are utilized in completely different ways. I hope more missions introduce things like friendly AI.. would be cool to play with an AI team of Spartans that are actual characters from time to time.

One complaint- The missions have nothing really to do with the CG, and it would be nice to get some in engine cutscenes here and there as we do stuff. We rescue a science team that proclaim "Spartans!" but we never see them.. It just needs a bit more in the story telling department, right now it feels like... I dunno.

I really wish there were variants of Spartan Ops, one with limited lives or checkpoints, one without. Right now there is no risk when you die, and hell, you get fresh ammo so you're better off. It needs more risk so winning feels more rewarding.. as of now it just feels like a grind. Sure, I could challenge myself and restart every time I die, but thats not fun for me either.

---

The CG episode was pretty cheesy TBH, and the writing in the actual missions is really cringe inducing. Please knock the cheese back a few notches in future episodes.

Oh, looks like a choose a greaaattt time to post this. :lol

I enjoy my Halo a lot more when my opinion isn't getting poisoned by all this whining and complaining about trivial shit. Yes, there are some legit complaints in here from the usual suspects. But they are bookended by meaningless bitching, and let's be honest - 343i is going to change what they want to change, and it doesn't matter how many lists we make or how valid they are. I like hanging out with fellow Halo fans and talking shop but I'd rather just have (ignorant, naive) fun and not worry about it. For some bizarre reason, I guess that means I need to punch out of HaloGAF and Halo OT?

feel

They need to stop hiding the killfeed the second the match is over. Sucks not knowing who got the last kill, even when you killed someone you don't if someone else got a kill a split second before you.

IHaveIce

Banned
Wow SWAT is awful.
Please 343, Instant respawns doesn't work so well with SWAT and on these idiotic spawn points.

You can't just put the gametype on any map without tweaking something.

Also how do I unlock the Locus helmet?

Tunavi

Banned
Click wargames matchmaking then look on the right. In the little box that's faded it will say Game History.

It's definitely there.
But to find the kill difference, I have to click on the match, wait for it to load, then click combat, and then find my name. Not very practical when I'm trying to look at all my kill differences.

I thought overdoziz posted a pic of this recently with his "true skill" pic.

Just beat the campaign. The final 3 levels or so just felt like a complete chore and I was happy when it was finally over. I don't know if I'm just growing out of halo

They felt like a chore because they are a chore. Repetitive design gets boring real fast, I felt the exact same way as you. As for growing out of Halo, I hope I'm not :(

Pop

David's reply was really fucking rude. Also they deserve it because Spartan Ops is shit.

Except that isn't a troll, it was shin telling the truth.

WOW

I enjoy spartan ops, I like it. Same mission locations, that's ok this is the story after the campaign after all not firefight.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
But to find the kill difference, I have to click on the match, wait for it to load, then click combat, and then find my name. Not very practical when I'm trying to look at all my kill differences.

I thought overdoziz posted a pic of this recently with his "true skill" pic.

You mean kill differences in the weapons? I'm not sure what you mean.

If that's what you mean click on game variants and scroll down.

So, what is everyone's W/L ratio sitting at. I was most worried that JIP would ruin the stat, but it seems it doesn't count late joins.

Mines sitting at 99/68 or basically a 1.68.

The battle with the Chieftain at the end of The Ark is the best fight in any Halo games. I really wish Halo had more moments where you are offered several choices in a subtle way like in that encounter.

And to the people who keep stating that Frankie said there will be a classic playlist; he never promised anything aside from a stripped down playlist which we already have.

I was really disappointed that 4 did not have a similar fight at the end. It seemed like such an obvious choice, considering where you're at and who you're with at the end of the game.

I never really liked the Brutes from aesthetic and story points of view (Giant monkeys taking focus away from the cool Elites? Lame), but from a gameplay point of view I liked them.

MrDaravon

You mean kill differences in the weapons? I'm not sure what you mean.

If that's what you mean click on game variants and scroll down.

No, I think what he means is that on the screen you're describing, it just tells you how many kills you had, not your deaths or your +/- overall. I was looking for what he's describing as well and couldn't find it. It's probably the only stat I would care about seeing at a glance, and it doesn't seem to be there. They really should have just ripped off bnet.

Sissel

They felt like a chore because they are a chore. Repetitive design gets boring real fast, I felt the exact same way as you. As for growing out of Halo, I hope I'm not :(
They messed up the pacing at the end. It should have ended 10 minutes after that awesome section (you know what im talking about) instead of forcing you to go on another 1.5 hours killing the same old enemies.

trueskill works on a playlist by playlist basis. since swat just came out, its in the process of figuring out where to "rank" everyone.

Plus, it's Ninja. Trueskill's going to be hard-pressed to find good matches for him all the time, even after he's played a number of games in any given playlist. Especially if he's playing outside of the Pro/Hardcore/MLG playlist for a given title.

NH Apache

Banned
Feels like years since I've been in this thread. Do you guys still meet up for customs? Still use the old group gamertags?

From the above, I see that HaloGaf has devolved somewhat.

Enjoying this game though. Pulled me away from Dayz.

Top Bottom