• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadNames

Banned
Game's only been out a little over a month. The criticism so far is just the tip of the iceberg.

Btw, it's amazing how many people hate the game. Usually with Halo titles there's at least like a month or two period where people kind of like the game somewhat before things get nasty.

It's because we had a bad taste in our mouths.

kylej

Banned
For what though? Like, literally what is the point of nagging about issues? Is this some sort of roundtable thread where we just expect to post something and Frank will see it and say "Oh, well fuck! This is something new that we never even thought about during the development process! Let me just pass this on to the team to patch in next update!"

There are issues worth discussing, then there are issues that we need to live with. 90% of the discussion here is the latter. I am tired of reading it, and I cannot imagine how even more exhausted the posters are of typing it over, and over, and over.

It's nice to see something every once in a while where someone will post about something awesome happening in the game or when weird buggy things happen and we all have a good laugh and shit on the game for breaking. But fucking hell, I don't know how many times it needs to be addressed that the game doesn't have enough small maps. Oh god, Forge is grey?? No theater in campaign sucks??? FILESHARE IS STILL BROKEN????

It is so. Damn. Tired.

Then leave.

Tunavi

Banned
For what though? Like, literally what is the point of nagging about issues? Is this some sort of roundtable thread where we just expect to post something and Frank will see it and say "Oh, well fuck! This is something new that we never even thought about during the development process! Let me just pass this on to the team to patch in next update!"

There are issues worth discussing, then there are issues that we need to live with. 90% of the discussion here is the latter. I am tired of reading it, and I cannot imagine how even more exhausted the posters are of typing it over, and over, and over.

It's nice to see something every once in a while where someone will post about something awesome happening in the game or when weird buggy things happen and we all have a good laugh and shit on the game for breaking. But fucking hell, I don't know how many times it needs to be addressed that the game doesn't have enough small maps. Oh god, Forge is grey?? No theater in campaign sucks??? FILESHARE IS STILL BROKEN????

It is so. Damn. Tired.
tldr: Game stinks.

TheOddOne

It is so. Damn. Tired.
I’m not trying to be rude, because I love you Ryan, but it’s a community, we discuss because we love Halo. You can’t however have the sweet without the bitter. I do agree though with you overall, it is tiring to see the same comments over and over again. However one decent discussion can do wonders, even if it feels like you are a drop in the ocean.

u4iX

It is so. Damn. Tired.

uDGXf.gif

I think the reason we are not seeing more 343i is two fold.

The staff where on holiday and that goes for frankie and david i assume. If id spent 3 year making something id like a month without thinking about it.

HaloGAF's negativity at times must be really depressing considering they worked hard for 3 years for us to shit on it repeatedly.

It would be fantastic if Frankie came in and dumped a list of stuff the teams are looking at fixing and changing but its probably not as cut and dry as that things like this need analysing and prioritizing before even starting work on them then they need testing and certifying.

Personally I'm stepping away from Halo MP for a while ill stay in the threads but I'm going to go back to halo in a few month and hope changes have been implemented by that point.

I'm setting expectations at zero to avoid disappointment but I really hope 343i plan to do a great deal of stuff primarily things that will bring a competitive angle back into halo.

Akai__

To be honest that was the only reason I did not like in the other Halo's. That's why I like Halo 4 with the quick spawning system away from the other team. Other then that I agree with you!

I know that we crushed a lot of people with that and I know, that it isn't fun to be on that side. However, I can't agree, that instant respawn, is a good thing. Especially, when the guy, who just got killed by yourself, spawns in front of you/ behind you and takes you out with a couple of shots, because he already shooted you, when you were in battle with him, a second ago and bow he just has to finish you off.

Welcome to my world bro. Have a seat. Let's drink.

Cheers!

TheOddOne

I've been playing Chivalry today after getting it in the Steam sale. Been charging into motherfuckers with my spear and exploding heads. It's awesome.
I don’t play Halo 4 exclusively though. Played some Bioshock on the side, bought Borderlands 2, Darkness II and Spec Ops for cheap so I always have something to fall back on.

Why the hell do people play 12 player FFA's on Lockout on Halo 2. The people hosting games are really not doing a great job of that.

games on xbc are usually a hit or miss. i played with Over today (got shit on) but it was with good settings and refreshing to not have to deal with jetpackers, ordnance drops, shitty maps, and other stuff in newer games. then their are other hosts who do weird things like 16 player FFA snipers on beaver creek, or 16 player fiesta on midship.

Comes down to luck when choosing a random XBC host.

They posted here like crazy when Reach was getting shit on, just sayin'.

they didn't make Reach though.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I think the reason we are not seeing more 343i is two fold.

The staff where on holiday and that goes for frankie and david i assume. If id spent 3 year making something id like a month without thinking about it.

HaloGAF's negativity at times must be really depressing considering they worked hard for 3 years for us to shit on it repeatedly.

It would be fantastic if Frankie came in and dumped a list of stuff the teams are looking at fixing and changing but its probably not as cut and dry as that things like this need analysing and prioritizing before even starting work on them then they need testing and certifying.

Personally I'm stepping away from Halo MP for a while ill stay in the threads but I'm going to go back to halo in a few month and hope changes have been implemented by that point.

I'm setting expectations at zero to avoid disappointment but I really hope 343i plan to do a great deal of stuff primarily things that will bring a competitive angle back into halo.

I think saying they don't post here solely because of negativity is a load of horse shit. They know what's good feedback and what isn't, that's going to come regardless. It's the nature of things this day and age. If they are truly not posting here because of the negativity, maybe they need to do something to fix that negativity instead of hiding from it.

Overdoziz

Banned

It is so. Damn. Tired.
So did they fix the file sharing yet?

I guess I'm one of the few that keeps playing. *Sadface*

Me and you baby!

Some of you guys try not to get too bummed over H4, in the end it's only a game.

Anyway, I won't be on GAF until after the new year, will be very busy with friends and family from tomorrow, so have a great Christmas and a happy new year.

Below is a little present for the first person to snatch it

FUD extended edition code. Quote to reveal.

Stay safe. <3

Enfinit

Here's some FUD codes for your avatar. Happy Holidays.

Male CAMS Avatar Training Armor
GVKFJ-DCC2F-6Y7CC-PC26H-T6MPZ
PVHJG-QCTPX-Y32VP-TY2YC-J2KGZ
HMX27-J3VP4-MCJTY-JD9KH-R73KZ
4K6RD-HCQQY-CGMCW-DQ9DH-7VXTZ
THWJR-QTQW4-J3P4J-PWPXG-HKXMZ
3FRMV-DDMQK-3J3CP-DWGQT-PJX7Z
Y6WCM-GT32P-673GR-7JX6V-QX3YZ
TFKHV-2YTC3-GJC66-Q3CKD-P7KRZ
RH7HW-XF2FY-CG3Y3-JH694-KCH7Z
P9YJD-TDK22-4TJXJ-3PVCG-DQ4XZ
37JCK-3G9CM-PMKXT-KVM4C-DTRTZ
PPPYQ-W67XM-F43X9-G7WKQ-KHHPZ
7FR9M-4WDGJ-MTR9F-FWRHR-446PZ
MQQR6-KPYG2-GRQF3-92CTM-PKQXZ
DHMP7-YH937-JY6PR-WG3RM-7FQJZ
V9WHT-RGJTK-3T44Q-Q2V9M-MVHFZ
7FKKT-DY476-GCYQC-9HX44-34MQZ
7K9CF-69FQ7-JTFJP-RYTYQ-P6FQZ
3C6C4-WPHPM-QYM7R-YHTJ9-XXQYZ
KK9RW-YVJG9-F7C6T-KVRTF-66VDZ

Female CAMS Avatar Training Armor
JD6WR-PQ734-QRJH7-QTHCQ-RKYFZ
W2QXJ-4H2HK-V9HCM-4HQY9-CDXFZ
F3MM6-FF7YW-T6G9R-7J2TV-Y334Z
G39TD-34TY6-JWPKD-24JVH-JTVCZ
J7TGK-FW237-QQQM4-F3M4Y-H4WYZ
C3MCY-TRTD9-F9XQ3-RV722-MWHFZ
72HXF-6CK3T-VM2JF-MH6XC-DYQ9Z
GT7Q9-JQ4RX-9FC93-FQT7P-R32RZ
4VY4Q-HJMJV-JMGHW-JV3GG-VVY9Z
99QXC-6XJH4-GVK42-2KPJC-9VPQZ
P9YMJ-CWQ3G-RV9FQ-C4WCH-F6F9Z
T4C6D-WGDVY-MKWQ7-M3767-FGPWZ
THDG4-PXPP2-HVKCX-DG3FH-RWW9Z
PKPG4-23CH4-GV6PH-9FCQF-WPQMZ
9JG4G-3WM44-DF2Q7-YRX3G-QWX2Z
3T9TV-932TG-2XQ9W-2DCPD-T2KYZ
T4M6K-XK9FY-6MWM4-D2FFG-FKK3Z
GQWX7-QXH69-2MCD4-RGKH9-KPQRZ
HXDY9-6H7JC-7M66Q-JR3GY-M2YYZ
7R644-T4CWM-73TPW-CH4Y9-QT4YZ

resource.ashx

Ryaaan14

Banned
Then. Fix. It.
You should try the Andy Dufresne method of sending a hand written letter every day :_)

How many Halo OTs have you been in. It's going to be circular. People are playing the game. The issues will come up. They will be discussed. What else is there to expect?
Well, in this case this isn't really issues coming up. The issues were there from day 1. Issues that COME UP lend themselves better to conversation since they relate to the game breaking, controversial changes, DLC, etc. I am speaking more about the issues that have already been addressed day 1. And like I said, it would be nice to read some positive stories every once in a while. I'm probably part of the problem there since I have a lot of fun in the game, but I just don't post here as often as the people who complain. Maybe I should try and start posting more and influencing others to do the same.

I want 343 to come clean on the issue.

If you're not interested in making the game that we want, that people who know what they want want, then just say it. Say, "We're not interested in making a competitive 4v4 arena style game."

Just let me know for sure whether or not I'm going to continue dumping my money into what is now "your" franchise.

I get a feeling this is what a lot of people are basically asking for, and this gets back into the whole "entitled gamer" debate which is just not a fun one to have. I was personally very upset with the lack of transparency with the game's development, lack of beta, lack of videos, etc. But hey, that's their prerogotive.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Isn't much of 343 still on vacation?

Not saying that's a bad thing, just that would explain their absence.

Check their GAF accounts for their last log in.

Well, in this case this isn't really issues coming up. The issues were there from day 1. Issues that COME UP lend themselves better to conversation since they relate to the game breaking, controversial changes, DLC, etc. I am speaking more about the issues that have already been addressed day 1. And like I said, it would be nice to read some positive stories every once in a while. I'm probably part of the problem there since I have a lot of fun in the game, but I just don't post here as often as the people who complain. Maybe I should try and start posting more and influencing others to do the same.

I used to be like you, then reality hit me and I realized Witcher 2 is amazing and Blops 2 is a better COD than Halo.

CyReN

Fires don't burn without fuel.

If you wanna take criticisms of THC's click bait title personally, that's your own business. Hypocritical given your statements about 343 too.

I didn't make the video or title it, even when I posted it on the forums I even put what it was here I said what it was. Youtube also works in fashion that a certain letter/word count is searched/shows up, along with character length pertaining to the the side bar. There is nothing wrong with the link, you just seem to have some personal grievances beyond that from the looks of it. I love criticism but looking like a 5 year old on here with cheap shots isn't really that. Lighten up.

IHaveIce

Banned
Me and you baby!

Some of you guys try not to get too bummed over H4, in the end it's only a game.

Anyway, I won't be on GAF until after the new year, will be very busy with friends and family from tomorrow, so have a great Christmas and a happy new year.

Below is a little present for the first person to snatch it

FUD extended edition code. Quote to reveal.

Stay safe. <3
Yep you're one of the last persons on my FL who still plays this game.

I also try to play it many days.

And yes great Christmas for you and a happy new year, thank you Elzar

I get a feeling this is what a lot of people are basically asking for, and this gets back into the whole "entitled gamer" debate which is just not a fun one to have. I was personally very upset with the lack of transparency with the game's development, lack of beta, lack of videos, etc. But hey, that's their prerogotive.

Sure it's there prerogative but it doesn't mean I have to sit here and like it. If the people who do the whole "entitled gamers" routine don't at least think that we deserve some honesty then it's pretty clear where their allegiances are.

Bungie handled things very well most of the time and if you're going to take up the game development mantle from them you sure as shit better be aiming to take up the community management mantle as well.

Tawpgun

Btw, it's amazing how many people hate the game. Usually with Halo titles there's at least like a month or two period where people kind of like the game somewhat before things get nasty.

This is the other thing I've noticed. I followed the hype train on Halo 3 and slurped it all up. For the first few months I was in love. Forge, Customs, the multiplayer. It was only until later I started really noticing the lack of consistent BR starts, playlist management was meh, lag, br spread etcetcetc.

Then Reach was coming and I was slurping that shit from the get go. AA's. Had some reservations, but they sounded cool. Bloom? Was a big bloom supporter prior to beta. oops.

But to be honest I was getting bored of Halo 3 by its final few months and wanted something new, so I enjoyed the shit out of Reach for a month or two before shit started to get to me.

With Halo 4, and I mentioned this pre-release, it was the only Halo game I've had worries about. It wasn't because 343 was a new company making the game, it was because of the shit that was getting slowly released, leaked or otherwise.

Many people here pointed out the problems we're all bitching about right now way ahead of launch. Then immediatley upon stepping into matchmaking the problems were apparent.

I KNOW there are some people here that think HaloGAF turned into a hivemind of people that hate the game for the sake of hating the game. But I don't buy that shit at all. Everyone who posts here is or was a huge fan of Halo. No one wants to see this franchise fall. But we've had people outright stop playing or even selling their copies. No one wants to do that.

To make matters worse, 343 isn't acknowledging any of the problems the majority of people have with this game. The best we've gotten is a brief and vague explanation behind file share not being there, it wasn't much but I was very thankful they at least told us what was going on.

1. No comment on leaping backwards in customization options

2. No comment on the Red X's

3. No comment on introducing static ordnance or any kind of sandbox balancing.

Just tell us WHY these things weren't included and if theres even a CHANCE of any of these things returning or happening.

I don't know if its Microsoft not allowing 343 to admit mistakes.
I don't know if its 343's pride.
I don't know if they're even hearing about the issues....

On a personal note, I feel like I am one of the people bringing up the same complaints time and time again.

But I'm also one of the people that still play this game on the reg.

Complain because I care. I can't stand the attitude of "Well I disagree with a lot of the stuff 343 has done but its their prerogative I guess I'll just shut up and take it!" The industry trends might be going in a direction I want, and 343 may be following them, but I'll be damned if I don't go out fighting on what to me is a sinking ship.

Havok

At this point we aren't even getting patch notes, timely or otherwise. I suspect design discussions with 343 staff isn't in the cards for a while. It's a shame, because I'd love to hear some "real talk" style answers to pretty basic questions.
I guess I'm one of the few that keeps playing. *Sadface*
I still play every couple of days, getting close to hitting 90. The sessions have been getting shorter and shorter lately, though. My frustrations with the gametypes is starting to have a measurable impact - as much shit as Reach gets for the core mechanics, we went back to play 6 or 7 games of Team Objective Reach one night and had a much better time than in the current objective slots. Both of those games have issues, just in opposite departments (player mechanics vs. gametypes and structure). I wish the best of both worlds would meld together.

TheOddOne

Check their GAF accounts for their last log in.
I don't like the whole notion of them having to step to the plate and having to explain anything and everything. What they do on this forum is their own prerogative, they don&#8217;t need to be PR 100% for us constantly. They know our complaints, because well it&#8217;s been repeating to death, but I can reasonably understand that they can&#8217;t say much about what is going to be done.

All I care about is that they do come back for some friendly non-Halo banter.

At this point we aren't even getting patch notes, timely or otherwise. I suspect design discussions with 343 staff isn't in the cards for a while.
I still play every couple of days, getting close to hitting 90. The sessions have been getting shorter and shorter lately, though. My frustrations with the gametypes is starting to have a measurable impact - as much shit as Reach gets for the core mechanics, we went back to play 6 or 7 games of Team Objective Reach one night and had a much better time than in the current objective slots. Both of those games have issues, just in opposite departments (player mechanics vs. gametypes and structure). I wish the best of both worlds would meld together.
That sounds depressing and good at the same time.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Sure it's there prerogative but it doesn't mean I have to sit here and like it. If the people who do the whole "entitled gamers" routine don't at least think that we deserve some honesty then it's pretty clear where their allegiances are.

Bungie handled things very well most of the time and if you're going to take up the game development mantle from them you sure as shit better be aiming to take up the community management mantle as well.

You don't have to like it, but you certainly have to deal with it. It really sux too, I know bruh.

I know, yet the negativity didn't bother them then, now did it?

I'm not sure. Maybe there's just nothing to be said, as in this is where Halo is heading and if you don't like it there's not much they can tell you at this point. Maybe there's a huge update coming and they're waiting to tell us until details are finalized.

¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

Was playing through Data Hive earlier today, and despite the problems the story has, I gotta say I really enjoy the banter between Dare and Buck.

Buck: "I've seen hundreds of these things today! Why's this one so important?"
Dare: "This Engineer knows what the Covenant is after. If I could safely capture more of them I would. What they know can win the war."
Buck: "Oh..."
Dare: "You haven't...killed any of them, have you?"
Buck: "No! ...Well, maybe one or...two."
Dare: "Nice work."
Buck: "How was I supposed to know?"

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I'm not sure. Maybe there's just nothing to be said, as in this is where Halo is heading and if you don't like it there's not much they can tell you at this point. Maybe there's a huge update coming and they're waiting to tell us until details are finalized.

¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

"'sgonbeok."

I didn't make the video or title it, even when I posted it on the forums I even put what it was here I said what it was. Youtube also works in fashion that a certain letter/word count is searched/shows up, along with character length pertaining to the the side bar. There is nothing wrong with the link, you just seem to have some personal grievances beyond that from the looks of it. I love criticism but looking like a 5 year old on here with cheap shots isn't really that. Lighten up.

I only saw the title of the tweet which was the title of the video, right?

"NEW Armor Abilities in Halo 4"

I just called it as it was. Somewhat in jest too. It's a clearly misleading title. No point defending it and I was just joking about how obvious a bait it was. You responded with humour about it so I figured you laughed it off. Guess not.

J10

Banned

I think saying they don't post here solely because of negativity is a load of horse shit. They know what's good feedback and what isn't, that's going to come regardless. It's the nature of things this day and age. If they are truly not posting here because of the negativity, maybe they need to do something to fix that negativity instead of hiding from it.

Much like the gamers they're catering to who need to feel like they're winning at all times, some folks seem to think 343 needs constant love and affection and validation to incentivize further interaction. I agree, that's horseshit. They aren't responding to one line quips, they aren't responding to long, well thought out constructively written criticisms, and they aren't responding to praise - at least not yet. What's more likely: Holmes and Ellis owning up to questionable design choices or saying my boss made me do it? Which of those is even preferable to them in this conversation after they spent months selling it to us before launch? We know they read this shit. They don't need to respond. Either they'll fix shit or they won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom