• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.
No insult ;) You've had some interesting posts.

Oh.

OH.

iKh7LMT0Kur92.gif

FyreWulff

So I fucked up earlier, those were the codes I already gave out to TheHaloCouncil

For lurkers

H3TPW-R9MF3-YGHMT-GFWC3-WGC4Z
XV9HV-YT7F3-FH39R-4P3DJ-JVFHZ
YXRJ3-CXVCP-TYGHT-WV6XM-GDK6Z
4FP4V-VXRDG-3GGKJ-FC22P-F6KFZ
JFPWR-DFWWR-7PD4C-426J3-HWKJZ

9QF42-29CWT-D4Y7Q-VCQDD-VH9MZ
TJD22-JJTH3-DDH7D-7VKVG-X226Z
M33FK-49QFF-G3PX9-RKFQC-Q2X2Z
4TJJ4-GTHC4-K6C2Q-4YD2J-MK33Z
764X2-TH2FM-RGWXJ-MX2YT-K3WWZ
MYWQJ-M3KH4-D36MD-TMK9K-44P6Z

quote for more

darthbob

So I fucked up earlier, those were the codes I already gave out to TheHaloCouncil

For lurkers

H3TPW-R9MF3-YGHMT-GFWC3-WGC4Z
XV9HV-YT7F3-FH39R-4P3DJ-JVFHZ
YXRJ3-CXVCP-TYGHT-WV6XM-GDK6Z
4FP4V-VXRDG-3GGKJ-FC22P-F6KFZ
JFPWR-DFWWR-7PD4C-426J3-HWKJZ

9QF42-29CWT-D4Y7Q-VCQDD-VH9MZ
TJD22-JJTH3-DDH7D-7VKVG-X226Z
M33FK-49QFF-G3PX9-RKFQC-Q2X2Z
4TJJ4-GTHC4-K6C2Q-4YD2J-MK33Z
764X2-TH2FM-RGWXJ-MX2YT-K3WWZ
MYWQJ-M3KH4-D36MD-TMK9K-44P6Z

quote for more

I could use a new theme, thanks broski!

Just wanted to wish all of ye a very happy Christmas. Ye're a great bunch and I hope these next 12 months are better than the last.

I'll pop in here when I can but I won't be back on Halo till February. Stay awesome in the meantime you lot.

ElRenoRaven

You know I have to say. After about a month off from playing minus the occasional attempt at playing I decided to give the Single Player a go again. I have to say I'm actually enjoying it more then I did before. While very linear there is some variation that I didn't see before. So it's not all go here and push this button or insert Cortana there. It may heavily lean that way but I think I was way too hard on it in that regard.

You know I have to say. After about a month off from playing minus the occasional attempt at playing I decided to give the Single Player a go again. I have to say I'm actually enjoying it more then I did before. While very linear there is some variation that I didn't see before. So it's not all go here and push this button or insert Cortana there. It may heavily lean that way but I think I was way too hard on it in that regard.

Going to have to agree. I honestly think Legendary is the most enjoyable way to play the game, when you know what you're doing the Knights aren't even bullet sponges. I ran out of ammo exactly once on Reclaimer when I was turtling and trying to snipe everything around the crashed Pelican (where you grab the Designator) and I had to make a run for a Ghost and lucked out, but other than that the ammo complaint is trivial. Hell, Midnight was actually kind of entertaining because I love the Light Rifle and it gave you loads of them and Scattershots. Scattershots seem to be specifically designed to destroy Prometheans; even the strongest ones will go down in three to four shots.

The only thing that's bullshit are Knight Battlewagon Incinerators: they can fucking survive a shot from the Incineration Cannon if the secondary explosions don't hit. That's pretty damage-spongey. And there's no real way to fight them minus trial and error. If you don't grab Hologram in the final mission for them you're completely fucked. Binary Rifle Knights are surprisingly manageable though. A few tips that helped me:

-In order of effectiveness, shield-stripping goes Plasma Pistol > Scattershot > Suppressor > Binary Rifle > Light Rifle.

-The Light Rifle absolutely destroys shields regardless of difficulty; a high-ranking Elite will get his shields popped in only 4 to 5 shots, even on Legendary. I think Reach's Zealots were actually bigger damage sponges than 4's.

-Use the Autoturret, not the Hardlight Shield, every opportunity you get. In addition to pinging enemies it also means enemies won't be firing at you as much.

-Legendary should be viewed more like a PVP game this time around rather than killing damage sponges; stay back with precision weapons and you'll come out with very little damage done. Trying to run through locations is a bad idea unless you know you have the gear for it, such as Jetpack or a Ghost, on the mission Forerunner.

-The Railgun should be used like an explosive DMR; don't wait until you're in their kill-range to use it. Scope in when it's charging to kill off distant enemies.

-The two towers (the Gondola ride and the energy beam complex) in Shutdown that are skippable are some of the most enjoyable encounters in the game when it comes to fighting all Prometheans. It may have something to do with the fact that you're given a shitload of power weapons and a Jetpack.

-It wasn't as prevalent in Reach for some reason, but go back to your Halo 3 roots and spam the hell out of Shotgun-Melee, Plasma Pistol-Melee, Boltshot-Melee. Unshielded, nearly everything goes down in one hit save for high-ranking Crawlers, Elites and Knights.

-There aren't any particularly "broken" Hunter encounters compared to past campaigns or Spartan Ops. If you can't find weapons to deal with them, you aren't looking hard enough.

-Stick to Plasma Pistol/DMR if you can. A few notable exceptions include:
Composer - use the Sticky Detonator and Shotgun. Ammo is plentiful throughout the entire mission and combined with Thruster, Auto Turret and Grenades, you can muscle your way through most enemies.
Shutdown - use the DMR and Railgun.
Midnight - Stick to the Light Rifle and Scattershot.

-One thing that seems to be clouding peoples' judgment is that our brains automatically register a lot of stuff as more long or tedious than it is compared to the next time we do it. My Legendary run was actually easier than my Normal run.

-Jackal Snipers are one-hit kills on Legendary; to compensate, not only are their sights incredibly bright, but they tend to fire "warning shots" just barely missing the player for their first shot rather than just insta-kill you. Use this to your advantage and kill them then, because the second shot is usually a kill.

-Whenever you get a Mantis in campaign, play defensive--stay back and kill things with your missiles and chaingun at a distance and only use the stomp to take out charging enemies. Don't go running into encounters with it.

-Turrets will absolutely destroy most enemies.

-Any complaints about hit detection are probably stemming from playing Spartan Ops or Campaign on LIVE. Playing by yourself with no network lag, pretty much everything feels buttery-smooth.

-The Binary Rifle might seem underpowered at first now that it can't instakill enemies. Instead, view it as a long-range Plasma Pistol. In some encounters, Forerunner's three-way battle to the Cryptum in particular, it is incredibly useful as a shield sapper. Two shots will take out a Lancer's shields; fire the two shots, then scope in with your Binary Rifle to line up a headshot with a Light Rifle or Battle Rifle.

Karl2177

I have a wired controller that I use for my PC gaming when it supports it. I'm getting an input lag from it in certain games. Mirror's Edge is lag-free. But I recently bought Deus Ex and it has input lag. I finally got around to reinstalling Halo 2 Vista and its giving me the lag too. Does anyone know why?

I have a wired controller that I use for my PC gaming when it supports it. I'm getting an input lag from it in certain games. Mirror's Edge is lag-free. But I recently bought Deus Ex and it has input lag. I finally got around to reinstalling Halo 2 Vista and its giving me the lag too. Does anyone know why?
Vsync?

Tawpgun

Wow gamesager is on the leaderboard for the infinity challenge.

What's the point of giving a truck to someone who's just gonna sell it to buy more poopsocks?

malfcn

Not surprising I didn't make the leaderboard. Barely play this last week. Besides, the person that has no life and can play all day will win. Oh wait, I forgot to register. Oh wells..

Omni

Afaik, there aren't any vsync options in H2V. Not sure about Deus Ex, I can check later; since I want to go through Halo 2 SP for sandbox stuff.
If you check your NVIDIA control centre settings for Halo 2 Vista, there is a vsync option available. I think it's off by default, but might be worth checking out anyway

DeadNames

Banned
Oh my God. Microsoft has the worst customer support ever.

My account is suspended because my old credit card was declined? What the fuck?

Akai__

Did they ever fix the issue of people getting banned?

They did. Only a small percentage was still banned on the next day, but afaik, they got unbanned, too.

Oh my God. Microsoft has the worst customer support ever.

My account is suspended because my old credit card was declined? What the fuck?

M$

Edit: I hate myself for writing that, but it's the reality in this case. Couldn't they just turn it into a silver account?

DeadNames

Banned
They did. Only a small percentage was still banned on the next day, but afaik, they got unbanned, too.

M$

Edit: I hate myself for writing that, but it's the reality in this case. Couldn't they just turn it into a silver account?

Ahhh... After many phone calls it's now fixed :) the guy I talked to also said sonic the hedgehog was real. Lol.

GrizzNKev

Banned
So now that the speculation has died down and Bungie was a no-show at the VGAs, when in 2013 will we see Destiny?

Will they do their own thing, like with ODST? Or will it be at an event of larger scale?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom