• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.

FyreWulff

Merry Christmas (premium theme code)

Y7YYP-K9G63-GCVDQ-2CK47-42DYZ
CRR9Q-7CFVM-JCWCD-HD22M-Y4DDZ
KM6FC-G7QRT-4HQ4M-FDDFM-D9YFZ
T29T6-4VJ36-MQD64-YHVM6-TD4XZ
DR42T-DCDP4-T9DCQ-M2HDT-GCMVZ

94M3R-967RY-GD3FY-P3C3Y-TQ3CZ
VMJTK-744K3-VCJ6G-RGPMT-PX4FZ
WVRG9-49QY9-RYJ77-W2K42-3J3KZ
VD7MT-X4DVJ-929CT-VFYQK-CCXWZ
7DXTQ-P3DKY-KXMD2-Q39DH-QF4XZ

WJQRW-296J4-G6VC4-3QRHH-RHGYZ
RV9XV-374FX-VXPMW-6FPPV-TD96Z
YM2TT-949XF-7GR2H-CHWRG-PJW3Z
6CKH6-CCKCP-4MMX2-FCFKT-JHV6Z
9F27V-XDCT2-FPR9G-RXW7C-KGT4Z

376QT-FJMMG-4FQ69-2RW2R-FXP9Z
JV3JM-X3MWF-MJFM7-GKM2W-MD3VZ
9CD3C-MW2CT-RHV99-6R2Q6-47Q7Z

Merry Christmas (premium theme code)

Y7YYP-K9G63-GCVDQ-2CK47-42DYZ
CRR9Q-7CFVM-JCWCD-HD22M-Y4DDZ
KM6FC-G7QRT-4HQ4M-FDDFM-D9YFZ
T29T6-4VJ36-MQD64-YHVM6-TD4XZ
DR42T-DCDP4-T9DCQ-M2HDT-GCMVZ

94M3R-967RY-GD3FY-P3C3Y-TQ3CZ
VMJTK-744K3-VCJ6G-RGPMT-PX4FZ
WVRG9-49QY9-RYJ77-W2K42-3J3KZ
VD7MT-X4DVJ-929CT-VFYQK-CCXWZ
7DXTQ-P3DKY-KXMD2-Q39DH-QF4XZ

WJQRW-296J4-G6VC4-3QRHH-RHGYZ
RV9XV-374FX-VXPMW-6FPPV-TD96Z
YM2TT-949XF-7GR2H-CHWRG-PJW3Z
6CKH6-CCKCP-4MMX2-FCFKT-JHV6Z
9F27V-XDCT2-FPR9G-RXW7C-KGT4Z

376QT-FJMMG-4FQ69-2RW2R-FXP9Z
JV3JM-X3MWF-MJFM7-GKM2W-MD3VZ
9CD3C-MW2CT-RHV99-6R2Q6-47Q7Z

Ugh all gone,

Thanks anyway

blamite

Halo 4 forge enviroments are fucking awful. Whoever designed them should feel bad.

Ravine has horrible configuration of mountains and land.
Impact is just useless and too dark especially once the lighting bug occurs
Erosion has the worst looking pallet iv ever seen in a game coupled again with useless over complicated terrain and terrible lighting.

Seriously.

5 Blank Square environments with unique looking items and and some terrain objects like mountains, hills, large rocks, Trees and themed buildings.

Jungle (can double as forest depending on what terrains objects are placed, Dirt floor)
Snow (simple)
Desert (simple)
Urban (big blank Tarmac/Asphalt surface with buildings in the unreachable distance)
Covenant (hollowed out deck of a covenant ship)

How much harder can it be to do that instead of designing 3 utterly useless maps
I actually really miss Sandbox's environment and pallet. It's weird to think that map had more object variety than any version of Forge since. You got a bunch of rocky forerunner walls, tunnels, and slabs, which all looked unique but still fit together cohesively, gold pillars with nice looking team colors, and wooden scaffolding and planks that could make areas look pretty unique. Everything since has just been gray with gray windows (replace gray with white or brown for Ravine/Erosion) and small, dim lights.

And that one map was nothing but three types of flat building areas. Sandbox had those big rolling sand dunes, but they weren't the main part of the map, they were secondary to the big, flat floor in the center, as they should have been. These days we're lucky to get one even floor to forge on, let alone three.

Seriously, I've never had as much fun with Forge as I had on Sandbox. In H4 I have just about no motivation to build anything at all. The maps just don't have anything I'm interested in working with.

Louis Wu

Forge environments seem like a lose-lose for developers... people bitched about both Foundry and Sandbox as being too plain, no reality. So Reach came out with a whole variety of environments... but only one spot had completely flat surfaces, and it had a roof, too.

And things got even MORE complex with Halo 4.

Make it simple, people bitch that they want variety.

Provide variety, and people bitch that they need simplicity.

Not sure how to solve this, without bigger (but simple, graphically) setpieces. :(

Overdoziz

Banned
Forge environments seem like a lose-lose for developers... people bitched about both Foundry and Sandbox as being too plain, no reality. So Reach came out with a whole variety of environments... but only one spot had completely flat surfaces, and it had a roof, too.

Not sure how to solve this, without bigger (but simple, graphically) setpieces. :(
Adding huge flat objects with several kinds of natural textures on it would go a long way. Or just a create a map like Forge World with both big flat, open areas and areas with more natural looking terrain.

I think the covenant need to go into hiatus for Halo 5.
Every Halo game has them, so why not introduce new promethean class (non-enemy/enemy) and bring back the flood instead?

Add Didact (non-villian), introduce Librarian (non-ancilla), & Monitor 343GS (CHAKAS).

Add villains: Master Builder. Gravemind.

Give me your snoooooow

If New England gets shafted again this winter imma be mad.

I love the snow, but like Napsta mentioned it sucks when you have to go to work. Fortunately I am off today, so I can try to unbury my mailbox.

Yes, there's a mailbox under there :/

8305179060_e78b3d9f07_b_d.jpg

Arnie

I think the covenant need to go into hiatus for Halo 5.
Every Halo game has them, so why not introduce new promethean class (non-enemy/enemy) and bring back the flood instead?

Add Didact (non-villian), introduce Librarian (non-ancilla), & Monitor 343GS (CHAKAS).

Add villains: Master Builder. Gravemind.

I've mentioned it before, but I'm not sure I trust 343 to replace the magic the Covenant provide, using their first iteration of the Prometheans as a benchmark. The high points of the Halo 4 campaign were fighting the Covenant, and even then their AI was noticeably less advanced to prior games.

DeadNames

Banned
I hadn't been conceived when that pic was taken. heh.

-----

Holy crap slt!! That is a TON of snow! Which is weird because Maine has gotten barely any snow for this time of year.

I've mentioned it before, but I'm not sure I trust 343 to replace the magic the Covenant provide, using their first iteration of the Prometheans as a benchmark. The high points of the Halo 4 campaign were fighting the Covenant, and even then their AI was noticeably less advanced to prior games.
I Agree. Reach Covenant A.I. were considerably better.

IF 343 brings the Prometheans back. It would be better to have the Warrior Servants over the Defensive A.I.
Adding a lot of mystery/dialogue to the Forerunners warrior cast instead of Mechanical Aggressive Beasts.

De-didactified my avatar.

Man I wish he had more of a role in the campaign. Wasn't expecting him to spend all day in the goddamn ball.
BUT ANCIENT EVIL

Character was a massively wasted opportunity.
Been a little while... but it's been done. :)

tryin_to_be_heckfu.jpg

lol amazing file name.

-------------------------------

My concern for the future of Halo doesn't really lie with stuff like AA's, yes I would prefer Halo CE as the next Halo, but I know that's not going to happen. The major concern is stuff like Global Ordnance. I understand the idea behind wanting to change the way weapons spawned in Halo, but the solution they came up with was utterly terrible, and has significant damning effects on the gameplay as a whole.

The simple fact that the 343 design team felt good about that system is very concerning.

Omni

It is actually a really bad winter so far. Here is a picture from 2 years ago, same time period. Replaced my little momma with a snow man lol. Last snow pic for today, I <3 snow!
I wished it snowed here around Christmas. But noooooooooo, it has to be summer D:

Merry Christmas GAF.

ElRenoRaven

Simple. Give us a little from column A and B. Give us some complex spaces while giving us some simple open spaces too. Everyone wins that way.

Woah, that shotty looks great! I might actually have to pick this up

Edit: I know there's always a ton of discussion about global ordnance on here and while I totally agree it would be better to have consistent predictable spawns wouldn't that kill the drop recon specialization? And People are always talking about flinch and how it should be removed but if 343 were to change all these different mechanics they'd ruin the use of specializations entirely...which I'm fine with. But we can't honestly expect them to do so, right?

MUNCHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! LIGHT THAT MAN! As for the bolded, let's hope so. If they changed bloom in Reach, I don't see why they wouldn't be able to change a lot of the issues with this game.

Well I'd prefer having you as a dad rather than my actual one.

I'm insulted by this Talents.

Insulted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom