• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omni

I'm calling it right now. The largest announcement ever is coming in the bulletin. Mark my words. Minds will be blown.

Armor Lock returns to Halo 4 with next patch

Don't be stupid. Something like that would break Halo 4's extremely balanced sandbox

TheOddOne

I'm calling it right now. The largest announcement ever is coming in the bulletin. Mark my words. Minds will be blown.

Armor Lock returns to Halo 4 with next patch
tumblr_metk1hp5BM1ro2d43.gif

I haven't played on a DLC map since MS revoked access to those who got it for free. They don't come up in other playlists and being an Australian means that any playlist with only like ~300 people on it (the DLC playlist) is going to be incredibly laggy and unplayable... which means I can't play on the maps, period.

Seems pretty horrible to me. I seriously gotta keep a little sticky note reminding myself to never buy DLC for a Halo game in advance again. This is almost as bad as Reach.

They need to do what Bungie used to (I think in Halo 2 or 3), early adopters pay for early access and say 3 months later give the map packs away for free then require all gamers to download then when they next login to play Halo 4.

This would promote more players and the maps would actually show up in any playlist this way.

They need to do what Bungie used to (I think in Halo 2 or 3), early adopters pay for early access and say 3 months later give the map packs away for free then require all gamers to download then when they next login to play Halo 4.

This would promote more players and the maps would actually show up in any playlist this way.
Jqiiy.gif

How about they ship a game with great base maps so fans aren't stuck hoping a gem comes through dlc.

How about they ship a game with great base maps so fans aren't stuck hoping a gem comes through dlc.
Just make the damn maps free. Keep your community together and give more reason for new people to jump in every few months, rather than making the core game less attractive over time.

We're already paying a fee for multiplayer and this is a first party exclusive.

Omni

I think then you'd just have people who would wait for the maps to become free instead of buying them... which isn't really good for anyone. A better solution would be to just include the map pass with the standard edition of the game, maybe. At least with H5 it's something they should look into.

Well that, or give us dedicated servers and a server browser
A man can dream

Bungie's website maintenance was supposed to be brief. Any word on why it's taking so long?

Enfinit

JiP on a CTF game in Abandon. Started the game 4-2 as the enemy team is scoring the game-winning flag. Spawn killed twice then the game ends.

GG 343i. Thank you for such a wonderful matchmaking experience.

Akai__

Watching those Donkey Kong speedruns makes me want to play DK64.

Now, I'm curious... Is there a way to stream N64 with the Blackmagic Intensity Pro? Have to google this! If it works, I might be streaming it some day. :)

Edit: I love speedruns. They are awesome.

Now, I'm curious... Is there a way to stream N64 with the Blackmagic Intensity Pro? Have to google this! If it works, I might be streaming it some day. :)

I'll watch that. I've never liked DK Country, but Donkey Kong 64 was the shit. The intro is still the best in gaming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKuO-1GoNJk

gAg CruSh3r

I bought this game a month or two back I'm still working on it. I enjoy it so far :)

I have the Intensity Shuttle, so I don't know if it has the same inputs as the pro, but it has Composite, Component, S-video, and HDMI all as inputs (and passthrough for all as well with mirrored outputs).

EDIT: Also, did any other Fringe fans catch the Observer during the Qualcomm keynote? :)

OprjH.png

FyreWulff

The pro comes with a breakout cable with tons of inputs for other consoles.

The Shuttle is really convienent, but USB3 is still so damn picky. If you don't have the correct mobo, you're SOL for being able to use it. :( Had to return it.

The pro comes with a breakout cable with tons of inputs for other consoles.

The Shuttle is really convienent, but USB3 is still so damn picky. If you don't have the correct mobo, you're SOL for being able to use it. :( Had to return it.

I never had any issues with the Shuttle, but I have a pretty beastly system (almost a year old now, actually, but still applies) and made sure I would be able to use it before I bought it. The biggest issue is that since it makes use of almost all of the available bandwidth on the USB3 bus, it works best if the mobo has native USB3 instead of a card. Even then, it needs the right controller too though in some cases I've heard, so yeah. Amazing piece of hardware, but quite picky.

FyreWulff

I never had any issues with the Shuttle, but I have a pretty beastly system (almost a year old now, actually, but still applies) and made sure I would be able to use it before I bought it. The biggest issue is that since it makes use of almost all of the available bandwidth on the USB3 bus, it works best if the mobo has native USB3 instead of a card. Even then, it needs the right controller too though in some cases I've heard, so yeah. Amazing piece of hardware, but quite picky.

Yep, native USB3 on mobo, 16GB RAM, GTX 680, 8 core processor. Shuttle was like "nope no video for you lol". I think I had the right chipset, but wrong family or something :(

The situation is shit because Intel is mucking things up in the interest of Thunderbolt adoption instead of USB3. Thunderbolt compatbility was significantly more expensive though, not worth it just to get a Thunderbolt Shuttle.

Yep, native USB3 on mobo, 16GB RAM, GTX 680, 8 core processor. Shuttle was like "nope no video for you lol". I think I had the right chipset, but wrong family or something :(

The situation is shit because Intel is mucking things up in the interest of Thunderbolt adoption instead of USB3. Thunderbolt compatbility was significantly more expensive though, not worth it just to get a Thunderbolt Shuttle.

Or just buy a Macbook Pro as they have just about every connector, come with Final Cut Pro and basically never drop a frame as well as flash based storage for capture/editing performance.

If you're really into capture or editing a macbook pro is the shit for portability, reliability, features and performance.

ZUL3F.jpg

Yeah - need the most recent (within the last 18 months or so) firmware of a specific USB3 controller or it'll crap all over your face.

native USB3, 24GB, 3xSLI 580, i7-980x OC'd to 4.4Ghz watercooled, RAID SSDs, etc. Shuttle was like "hey, here's some really high quality video for you lol" :)

Or just buy a Macbook Pro as they have just about every connector, come with Final Cut Pro and basically never drop a frame as well as flash based storage for capture/editing performance.

If you're really into capture or editing a macbook pro is the shit for portability, reliability, features and performance.

Or he could get an epic laptop with the same connections for cheaper. Or even get the Thunderbolt card he mentioned. How would getting a Macbook pro be the solution when monetarily, getting a new card was "not worth it"? And any *decent* machine isn't really gonna be dropping frames. Not to mention that SSDs (that fancy sounding flash based storage you mention) are everywhere nowadays.

Computron

I have the Intensity Shuttle, so I don't know if it has the same inputs as the pro, but it has Composite, Component, S-video, and HDMI all as inputs (and passthrough for all as well with mirrored outputs).

EDIT: Also, did any other Fringe fans catch the Observer during the Qualcomm keynote? :)

OprjH.png

Qualcomm was bizzare.

kylej

Banned
yeah I just saw a proper big pic of FrankerZ for the first time today.

iGtLF.png

so used to the little emoticon. kinda blew my mind a bit

DeadNames

Banned
Hey guys this is a bit OT but if you like Terraria like I did I suggest checking out Starbound. It's like Terraria in space. It looks wicked fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom