• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.

malfcn

I have another glitch that I need to confirm. On maps where you spawn in tight clusters don't hold the use button. It happens on Adrift a lot at the beginning of matches when I appear I can see "Hold B to take armor ability" - Assuming it is a team mates ability. I haven't got to actually try it yet, because I forget to, bit I see it quite often.

Computron

Option C: a cyanide capsule.

Can I become a supervillain afterwards when it fails like in Skyfall?

iK3pYcA3we6gm.png

DeadNames

Banned
Option C: a cyanide capsule.

Pro tip: The cyanide brings you to Hemorrhage, pre wraith.

I have another glitch that I need to confirm. On maps where you spawn in tight clusters don't hold the use button. It happens on Adrift a lot at the beginning of matches when I appear I can see "Hold B to take armor ability" - Assuming it is a team mates ability. I haven't got to actually try it yet, because I forget to, bit I see it quite often.

It's happened to me a lot.

@ Der

Ugh... I loved the look of standoff. A nice African vista with massive satellite dishes and a beautiful sunset... Best looking Halo map IMO.

Computron

^LOL

I got to stop playing far cry 3 so much, I just saw a lone bluish-green shrub sticking out behind a boulder on Harvest that was super bright for some reason and I sprinted over to cut it down so I could craft the speed boost drug.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
http://static4.businessinsider.com/image/4f342a656bb3f7766400005a/carly-foulkes-t-mobile.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t33/Azrael_87/IMGONNAWRECKIT.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
make sure to wreck it consensually, bro.

Fotos

^LOL

I got to stop playing far cry 3 so much, I just saw a lone bluish-green shrub sticking out behind a boulder on Harvest that was super bright for some reason and I sprinted over to cut it down so I could craft the speed boost drug.

Far Cry 3 is so awesome and the endings are really good. Both of them really surprised me.

Tunavi

Banned
Does anyone here have a 3ds? I might get one. Any recommended games?

Animal Crossing?
Yes.

Kid Icarus: Uprising, Ocarina of Time 3D, Kingdom Hearts 3D, Pushmo/Crashmo, Cave Story 3DS, Super Mario 3D land, Mario Kart 7, Kirby's Adventure 3D, Super Mario Land 2, Donkey Kong 94, Link's Awakening, Fire Emblem (coming soon and will be glorious).

also, Halo 4 Development:
175322_o.gif

Killer

Banned
I played one match of extraction on shatter.i thought it was ok. Not a fan of the colors AT ALL. Shiny brown and green rocks everywhere.

I was surprised at the dlc playlist population. It was around 21k. No wonder since it went for free to everyone. People who bought season pass or bought the map pack earlier got burned lol. I personally don't mind that. I wish all map packs are free or at least free in a few months like it was in h2. If people dont buy them in the first few months they won't buy them anyway. Maybe it will be an incentive for people to get back to the game or at least eliminate separating the community on playlists.

As for the season pass holder, 343i should at least reward them with early access to next map packs as they showed blind faith in their product. Hell, it is the right thing to do since they are supposed to save 5 bucks. Instead, they lost 5 bucks.

These my two cents anyway. Feel free to disagree =p.

Korosenai

Does anyone here have a 3ds? I might get one. Any recommended games?

Animal Crossing?

I just sold mine on ebay today (I still have an xl though).

Isn't there a deal going on soon at best buy for $130 3ds? You should definitely jump on that and pick up kid icarus and mario 3d land.

blamite

Have they ever tested anything in this game?
jbxfbRwqGgH2jW.png

I would actually like wreckage if it wasnt blinding.

0 points for crimson map pack. uh, ok.

*confirm purchase*

Crimson Map Pack Glitch, go live under a rock already...

There's a glitch/error on Wreckage on one of the rocks where you just jump through it also.

Really, 343, really?

First impressions-

Shatter: Played it twice, once on CTF once on Extraction. I really could not get a feel for the layout of the map, there were many paths that felt like they didn't go where you expected to and it was hard to navigate. The bases felt very slapped together and the encounters weren't that fun. As of now, Im leaning towards meh on that one, it just feels like it was thrown together.. Maybe as I get to know it more I will enjoy it, but comparing it to something big like Vortex it just didn't click like that map did. Artistically it basically looks like Vortex with some cool crystals here and there, but its kinda blah.. especially the shitty skybox.

Harvest: Its ok I guess. Base design was boring but serviceable, it kinda reminded me of a Halo Reach forge map or something. The encounters were alright at best, I think the most fun I had on it was hitting the Warthog jump rocks..those things give some air. Bland as hell artistically, but it does have a purtty skybox that is admitably lower res than ideal, but not nearly as bad as Shatter.

Wreckage: I played it both on CTF and KOTH, and had a blast both times. This map really reminds me of a larger, spiritual successor to Burial Mounds... I mean, its a ton different, but there are some things that call back to it. I love the sight-lines, encounters and map control points. I would say this map is one of the better maps in Halo 4, and it fills a unique space unlike the other DLC maps. Visually it may look bad in screens and videos, but it actually doesn't look so bad in person, in fact it looks a like a living wasteland and I really like that.. the wreckage sights could have used a bit more color and flair, but otherwise this map is definitely not a visual eyesore like the others. I can't wait to play this map some more.

---

So far this map pack is a letdown, but Wreckage is blast to play on so I don't regret it.. the other maps are OK at best, and I really hope its the last time we see maps that boring for DLC.

Where's my Halo Wars 2.

Yes please.

senador

Banned
I thought the maps looked ugly in screenshots and video but in game I think they look pretty great actually.

So, 343 didn't make these? Why not? I can forgive it this time, but please do them all in house for Halo 5.

Yes.

Kid Icarus: Uprising, Ocarina of Time 3D, Kingdom Hearts 3D, Pushmo/Crashmo, Cave Story 3DS, Super Mario 3D land, Mario Kart 7, Kirby's Adventure 3D, Super Mario Land 2, Donkey Kong 94, Link's Awakening, Fire Emblem (coming soon and will be glorious).

Fuck Nintendo know how to make fun games, been playing their games as far back as my memory dares go. I still remember the orange splitscreen Donkey Kong handheld in long car trips with the family!

Ken

So, 343 didn't make these? Why not? I can forgive it this time, but please do them all in house for Halo 5.

Why not have them do the rest of the maps for Halo 4 in house. Or have we already abandoned the notion that 343i did anything in Halo 4.

Karl2177

Double posting this in here and the Forge thread in case anyone is up for testing later this week.

I posted a few pictures of my map in the Forge thread, but here is the final version. It's called Intercession. Why? Because I couldn't come up with a name on my own, so I googled "Random word" until I came across something I like. There are three versions of it. One for my set of semi-competitive settings; one for Infinity settings; and one for no sprint no instant settings. It's a smaller map probably for anything 1v1 up to 4v4, since lord knows we need them at this point. It's actually symmetric, unlike that one that just came in Crimson out that claims to be symmetric or whatever. It's got some floating coliwalls to shadow one side so that way everything doesn't look like white. All the pictures are from my cell phone, since we don't have the ability to share pictures for some reason. Maybe it hasn't been outsourced yet, I dunno.

Comparison pictures between my design and Forge:

Here's an overview of the map. Hopefully you can tell what's going on in the sea of white.
ieXOZnGfR2kEr.jpg

If not here's something with the Waypoint patented information overload™.
iR4UODIsCDQbQ.jpg

The 1 is Rockets(Boltshot underneath), 2 is Sniper, 3 is BR, 4 is Carbine, 5 is DMR, 6 is AR. Those diamonds are grenade spawns. The orange is where the mancannon shoots you.

Here's red base. I added the lights to make the white less jarring.
iZQvEUYYJCu7I.jpg

Here's a view of the middle. The man-cannons go to the top of the base. Why? It becomes a control point. Something that most of the Halo 4 maps are lacking.
iIv3ytxwsd79q.jpg

Here's a view of under one of the walkways. You can go under the center if you want. If you're playing Karl Slayer or NSNI a Boltshot spawns there, since it's power stupid to spawn players with them.
ibujjLirhWCk5o.jpg

Here's another overview of this thing. Looks kinda interesting, I guess. Almost reminds me of a time when maps were simple and not about jagged rocks preventing you from getting onto the top ridge.
ibnY6p0EfYZer1.jpg

Here's a view of the longest sightline on the map. It's down the middle bridge. A rocket totally spawns in the middle, because it's all cool and stuff.
ibmnyBhhRZ4Yi7.jpg

Here's a view from the top of blue base looking toward the end of the middle bridge. The red dots indicate where the random ordnance is in Infinity Slayer.
iwh210uLuglbo.jpg

I dunno. I think it looks fun. Maybe we should try it sometime. They are in my file share. I'd link it, but well... You know.

GT: Karl2177
Map names:
Intercession (this is the one for Karl Slayer, which you can also find in my file share)
Intercession-static (this is for NSNI)
Intercession_Infinity (this is for Infinity Slayer)

Ramirez

Why not have them do the rest of the maps for Halo 4 in house. Or have we already abandoned the notion that 343i did anything in Halo 4.

I'd say it's safe to assume the other maps are already done.

If they're pushing some type of new Halo game every year now, I wonder if we'll even see a 2nd round of maps?

Halo 2 720 launch believe.

Which was your favorite? Top 5?

Definitely the kid who freaked out in all caps and Heckfu said he would show someone what the internet was with the post, hahaha.

I realize it sucks the maps weren't up on time, but damn, go to bed, go outside, go do anything. Stressing over it on a message board ain't gonna get it done any faster.

MormaPope

Banned
Just got the map pack for free, never been a playtester before.

Do we report the glitches to 343 or do we support those that bought this map pack with hugs and a shoulder to cry on?

Mayyhem

Before the game came out I was all for NO forge maps in Matchmaking.

But fuck that, we NEED forge maps in some playlists.

edit: that map looks great karl

Homeboyd

Definitely the kid who freaked out in all caps and Heckfu said he would show someone what the internet was with the post, hahaha.
lol that was an excellent post. Mods must've been on a break... they're all still here.

Do we report the glitches to 343 or do we support those that bought this map pack with hugs and a shoulder to cry on?
A shoulder pls

The game doesn't truly need Forge maps until Steely asks for them.

blamite

I don't want playlists to be flooded with Forge maps but if they just added one map from each of the 3 Forge spaces it'd make a world of difference.

Killer

Banned
Just got the map pack for free, never been a playtester before.

Lmao. Man, they need to pull a fucking miracle for Halo 5 to get any of the fans back.

Double posting this in here and the Forge thread in case anyone is up for testing later this week.

I posted a few pictures of my map in the Forge thread, but here is the final version. It's called Intercession. Why? Because I couldn't come up with a name on my own, so I googled "Random word" until I came across something I like. There are three versions of it. One for my set of semi-competitive settings; one for Infinity settings; and one for no sprint no instant settings. It's a smaller map probably for anything 1v1 up to 4v4, since lord knows we need them at this point. It's actually symmetric, unlike that one that just came in Crimson out that claims to be symmetric or whatever. It's got some floating coliwalls to shadow one side so that way everything doesn't look like white. All the pictures are from my cell phone, since we don't have the ability to share pictures for some reason. Maybe it hasn't been outsourced yet, I dunno.

Comparison pictures between my design and Forge:

I dunno. I think it looks fun. Maybe we should try it sometime. They are in my file share. I'd link it, but well... You know.

GT: Karl2177
Map names:
Intercession (this is the one for Karl Slayer, which you can also find in my file share)
Intercession-static (this is for NSNI)
Intercession_Infinity (this is for Infinity Slayer)

That looks pretty cool, I'll happily help playtest it sometime.

Well I couldn't get them for free. Then I put the specialization code in. When I booted H4 again it prompted me to download the maps for 0 credits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom