• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

The competitive playlist will be slayer-only right?

Surely they'll avoid the awkwardness of offering Halo 4 style CTF in a playlist called Team Throwdown.

u4iX

Now... NEUTRAL Flag Infinity CTF would actually be FANTASTIC.

Then, you're rewarded for capping the flag with an offensive weapon, but the opposing team can still outplay you. Plus, if they're out slaying you, they have just as good of a chance at getting Ordnance to make pushes as well.

It's infinity CTF.

Stop trying to balance it. It's already a clusterfuck since its Infinity. Embrace the random. Embrace the chaos.

Vote pro.

I don't believe in that. Personal Ordnance is fun as shit, but what you get in it is lame.

Then, you're rewarded for capping the flag with an offensive weapon, but the opposing team can still outplay you. Plus, if they're out slaying you, they have just as good of a chance at getting Ordnance to make pushes as well.

It would probably be much better than Multi Flag, but power weapons in PO would still be shit. They give you too much damn ammo..

If they want to keep power weapons in PO, they should test only giving the player one clip (no extra so no reloading (also takes away Dexterity's impact on power weapons)) and not having the Ammo mod change it.

And for those who wanted another reason to hate on me or mock me further, this is what my cousin just texted me back saying after I asked him if he could get some info: "yah man lemme just ask that question to one of my high school friends who i see like every 2 months or so... whenever we hang out i ask her about life and shit, what she's doing now man, not "so whats the scoop on the next xbox??? ask your dad for me and let me know"...

I'll get some answers though. But feel free to dump on me some more. I should have never even said it to begin with.

Hahahahahahahaha holy shit your incredibly entertaining. Nothing funnier than a GAF meltdown...

Interesting. I miss the days of non-symmetrical and neutral flag/bomb. It's OK to do it, 343... Pretty please try it? You could experiment the bigger maps with asym gametypes!

Havok

This wasn't necessarily the case before, but a lot is riding on Team Throwdown for me. CTF wasn't very good, but it was okay if I had a couple of teammates. Adding a sure-to-be-dominant Infinity variant might have killed it for me.

Throwdown is not a very good name.
The competitive playlist will be slayer-only right?

Surely they'll avoid the awkwardness of offering Halo 4 style CTF in a playlist called Team Throwdown.
It's confirmed to be Slayer, CTF, KOTH, and Extraction.

They were described as "heavily modified" so maybe they'll be decent?

Ghazi

So does anyone want to boost some remaining Halo 2 achievements with me because I suck too much/don't have the time to try to get them.

If you're interested PM me I guess and we'll see how many people we can get and I'll set up a date that works.

Ramirez

This wasn't necessarily the case before, but a lot is riding on Team Throwdown for me. CTF wasn't very good, but it was okay if I had a couple of teammates. Adding a sure-to-be-dominant Infinity variant might have killed it for me.

Throwdown is not a very good name.
It's confirmed to be Slayer, CTF, KOTH, and Extraction.

They were described as "heavily modified" so maybe they'll be decent?

Is there any doubt?

YYgYhL4.gif

Playlist should have been called Gentlemans' Slayer. Has a nice ring to it, never mind the fact that there's more than just slayer gametypes in it. That or Comp Stomp.

Computer

I don't know what it is but Halo 4 has reached unplayable levels for me. I love Halo and always will but this game feels bad man. I just want 343 to say the game is shit we fucked up so we will know they wont make the same mistake again. It really worries me that they act totally oblivious about how broken it is. I'm worried about Halo 5.

I don't know what it is but Halo 4 has reached unplayable levels for me. I love Halo and always will but this game feels bad man. I just want 343 to say the game is shit we fucked up so we will know they wont make the same mistake again. It really worries me that they act totally oblivious about how broken it is. I'm worried about Halo 5.

The best you'll ever get is "Yeah... it wasn't perfect. But it wasn't half bad eh! We did really good for our first time! We won awards!"

So dont play it?

Nowise10

The best you'll ever get is "Yeah... it wasn't perfect. But it wasn't half bad eh! We did really good for our first time! We won awards!"

That is because it actually was a very good game for a starting company, and it wasn't half bad. Hell its better then most games i've played. Quit being so arrogant.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Shields and hipfire alone make Halo 4 better than most multiplayer shooters. Doesn't mean much pertaining to its overall quality, but still.

That is because it actually was a very good game for a starting company, and it wasn't half bad. Hell its better then most games i've played. Quit being so arrogant.

"Except it's not. 343's so-called team of big names have plenty of experience in the field. Maybe before you start throwing out accusations you should realize that they had plenty of opportunities to make a great game but ultimately threw them away in favor of chasing after the lowest common denominator."

-Half of HaloGAF

Computer

It is pretty hard to throw millions of dollars and tons of talent at one of the greatest game franchise's ever made and totally kill it.

Personal ordnance is one of the games major flaws tons of people bitch about how unbalance and chaotic it is with power weapons everywhere and they give us infinity CTF. Now when a team is scoring the flag and kicking your ass we are going to drop them power weapons as a reward for kicking your ass so they can kick your ass even more with no chance of making a come back. The reward for a flag cap should be a point on the board nothing else. Halo got to love it.

"Except it's not. 343's so-called team of big names have plenty of experience in the field. Maybe before you start throwing out accusations you should realize that they had plenty of opportunities to make a great game but ultimately threw them away in favor of chasing after the lowest common denominator."

-Half of HaloGAF

OyynYgO.gif

It is pretty hard to throw millions of dollars and tons of talent at one of the greatest game franchise's ever made and totally kill it.

You can have the cutest, highest-pedigreed cat in the world, feed it the best food money can buy, and have it constantly attended to by veterinary services but it won't mean shit if your parents keep stomping the fucking things to death.

Gordon

Predictions on any major changes the TU will contain?
A tweaked gametype with 85% Boltshot range, 85% Instant Respawn, damage bleedthrough on the hardlight shield, and it'll give active camo users rabies. It will run in the Slayer Pro playlist.

God I hate instant respawn, especially on Haven. It takes two seconds to get where their killer was and they now have full health. It adds nothing to the game.

Nothing.

Top Bottom