• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

Fracas

#fuckonami
RIP the only playlist I enjoy

edit: Also, seriously, who asked for Infinity CTF? Why does personal ordnance have to permeate every playlist? It's not necessary.

Last night was a new low 74338 which is weird cause it was stuck at 63xxx forever and then just instantly jumped to that...seemed fishy.

Anyways I think I'll start IsHalo4Saved.com

RIP the only playlist I enjoy

edit: Also, seriously, who asked for Infinity CTF? Why does personal ordnance have to permeate every playlist? It's not necessary.

It's existence is you know, whatever. But the SAME FUCKING PLAYLIST?

09uFPd0.gif

rip in peace cod, team throwdown is going to save halo

"Here's an exclusive screenshot for Episode 8 never seen anywhere else."

*exact same environment was in Episode 6*

Hey guys. I'm new here, but I've been lurking for quite some time now. I probably won't post often given that my interest in Halo 4 is stagnated, but I hope to be a part of this community as the king of shooters inevitably rises again.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
4v4 Forge Test will be back shortly with all new shit. You guys can seriously leave me feedback on the maps currently in there. PM me or whatever.

CyReN

I like the split screen idea but good god this game is broken if we seriously have this issue still. I can't see the TU fixing it.

Havok

Infinity CTF is what the name implies. No thanks.

Infinity variant weightings in both CTF and Doubles will make or break those playlists for me. I already don't really like CTF in 4 very much, but if Infinity is voted every time that might be enough to make me stop entirely until Throwdown. The Exile variant being added to CTF doesn't have the Scorpion, Gauss Hog, or Banshee on it, right? Right? Please? I'd even accept the Banshee being there if the other two were gone.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Hey guys. I'm new here, but I've been lurking for quite some time now. I probably won't post often given that my interest in Halo 4 is stagnated, but I hope to be a part of this community as the king of shooters inevitably rises again.
Welcome!
Loooool. Just strange is all.

So yea, there's the surprise in the Bulletin. 5 second respawn in the Pro gametype. I'll probably be playing the shit out of it.

If it's not the first option in the voting screen, I'm not sure how often it will actually be played. "Pro" variants aren't very popular.

Tashi

Infinity CTF is what the name implies.

No thanks.

The Exile variant being added to CTF doesn't have the Scorpion, Gauss Hog, or Banshee on it, right? Right? Please? I'd even accept the Banshee being there if the other two were gone.

I had the same reaction when I heard it.

Welcome!

If it's not the first option in the voting screen, I'm not sure how often it will actually be played. "Pro" variants aren't very popular.

Well first option will be a disc map. Whether it's Pro or not, I don't know. I would hope it's mixed around. I reallt dislike how first option is a tie breaker.

Computer

Its kind of sad they have to give us options of maps for split screen because the game is broken. I hope they didn't pay Certain Affinity very much money for what they got.

Striker

Infinity CTF awards flag caps to get an ordnance immediately, so prepare for allies to shoot at you before your cap. Unless FF is turned off, or is it? She didn't mention it at all, but it is turned off for Slayer. Glad there'll be different settings once again.

Then there's Exile, which for all we know is the variant with too many powerful vehicles. Sounds shitty, well done.

Good update this week. Bad BINGO, though.

g159gq4.png

Doubles philosophy needs to be applied to more playlists. Feb playlist info get's a dot, like 1/4 point for only next week's updates.

IHaveIce

Banned
Wasnt that a name of a playlist in H3?

Yeah I think so.

Don't know, if PRO is voted often enough in doubles it will be really good.

I don't know why they don't add flag has to be at home to CTF :(

Also about the pro variant, no radar will turn many away from it, same with the "pro" name.

Yeah I think so.

Don't know, if PRO is voted often enough in doubles it will be really good.

I don't know why they don't add flag has to be at home to CTF :(

Also about the pro variant, no radar will turn many away from it, same with the "pro" name.

You don't think it would be too hard to manage with only two people? You can't drop the flag to help, and can only use the flagnum to defend yourself. Dubs CTF works best when played on small maps, with quick cap times. Flag at home requirement lengthens that considerably during stalemates, which isn't so bad 4v4 or higher, but 2v2 it starts becoming a little crazy. In fact, I'm surprised symmetrical CTF even came back. Last time it was in Doubles wasn't it asym-only? I don't remember it being that way since Halo 3. Man, this is such a good Doubles playlist... Fraking nailed it. I can't wait. Hopefully those small Majestic maps are coming sooner rather than later and will be in there second 1.

Tashi

Cap a flag? Here's a power weapon so you can camp your flag.

Infinity CTF.

Considering players get way more points in a CTF match than they do in a normal Slayer, I would hope amount of points required for Personal Ordnance will be more. I trust Bravo.

Computer

All I can say is finally we can try to out vote people on a game type in a playlist that does not have AA"S praise the lord we made it!

If doubles pro is 2nd or 3rd on the voting list I am going to go cray with a tie vote.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Considering players get way more points in a CTF match than they do in a normal Slayer, I would hope amount of points required for Personal Ordnance will be more. I trust Bravo.

Bulletin said capping the flag will always net 1 personal ordnance request.

edit:
Keep in mind that because of the high amount of points associated with objective play, players who capture a flag will immediately receive personal ordnance in exchange for their hard work (in addition to the traditional pat on the back).

u4iX

I actually think that aspect dovetails nicely as a greater incentive to capture the flag.

It makes it a greater incentive to capture ONE flag, then camp the rest of the game; ESPECIALLY if you get more points for normal kills.

Havok

I mean, we know it's less than 100 for the first drop since you get one immediately on capture. Folks regularly end CTF matches with 600+ points, so...no thanks?

Beaten, etc etc.

Doubles CTF might actually be fun with the Flagnum, but a 10 sec respawn timer? That's going to feel like ages in 2v2..

The Forge playlist going away is a damn shame too. That's the only playlist I had a lot of fun in, excluding sexBall (OB/Grifball).

Thank GOODNESS for Dexterity in the preset loadouts <3

Infinity CTF? Blehhhh, Personal Ordnance with power weapons is lame, but PO with Armor Abilities? Yes. And to take that one step further, if AA's weren't something you spawned with and were just map pickups/PO then we could have Thrusters/HLS/etc. like in Campaign and you wouldn't have to worry about "balancing" them since they're intended to be overpowered.

Halo devs have this nasty habit of overbalancing the sandbox.

Tawpgun

It's infinity CTF.

Stop trying to balance it. It's already a clusterfuck since its Infinity. Embrace the random. Embrace the chaos.

Vote pro.

IHaveIce

Banned
You don't think it would be too hard to manage with only two people? You can't drop the flag to help, and can only use the flagnum to defend yourself. Dubs CTF works best when played on small maps, with quick cap times. Flag at home requirement lengthens that considerably during stalemates, which isn't so bad 4v4 or higher, but 2v2 it starts becoming a little crazy. In fact, I'm surprised symmetrical CTF even came back. Last time it was in Doubles wasn't it asym-only? I don't remember it being that way since Halo 3. Man, this is such a good Doubles playlist... Fraking nailed it. I can't wait. Hopefully those small Majestic maps are coming sooner rather than later and will be in there second 1.

Oh yes should have said that I meant the Flag at home comment about the normal CTF list.

And yes you're right, it would probably too hard in a 2v2 match

Top Bottom