• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

I actually think that aspect dovetails nicely as a greater incentive to capture the flag.
Have to disagree. I've been seeing a quite a few betrayals for the flag/points, throwing a Personal Ordnance into the mix would just exacerbate the abuse. I guess since the Infinity playlists consistently have the highest populations, 343 feels it necessary to add it to other playlists when and where they can. I'm not optimistic about the addition at all, and hopefully it won't come up too often.

The Doubles Pro list sounds really great, but the 10sec times for Doubles CTF seems pretty ridiculous. That's a relative eternity, and seemingly a guaranteed flag cap for the other team. I'm wondering how badly I'm going to get my ass stomped by going into Doubles solo, or if I'll even be able to find a match.

From the Bulletin:
"I asked Brian Reed, franchise writer and author of Spartan Ops Season 1..."​
So THAT'S who it is. Anybody got a picture of the guy, I need to make sure my voodoo doll is accurate.

Another quote to make fun of:
"here is a screenshot from Episode 8 of Spartan Ops. No, you won't find this anywhere else on the web. Why, you ask?"​
Uh, because WE DON'T HAVE FUCKING THEATER FOR SPARTAN OPS!

Happy to see that the file share is up.

Ghazi

The only reason the Infinity playlists are so "popular" anyway is because there isn't aren't any straight up 4v4 slayer playlists. So anybody who wants to play slayer (which has always been the most popular game type) is forced to play Infinity.

The only reason the Infinity playlists are so "popular" anyway is because there isn't aren't any straight up 4v4 slayer playlists. So anybody who wants to play slayer (which has always been the most popular game type) is forced to play Infinity.
Team Regicide is a far better 4v4 playlist. Slayer based, no ridiculous Personal Ordnance; the only thing lacking is good maps. I'm getting so tired of playing on Haven that I'm actually hoping for Complex most of the time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the subject of Team Doubles non-Pro: two players with Promethean Vision and Stability square off against two players with Camo and Stealth, for a match I like to call "Why Didn't You Think Of This, 343?"

Episode 7: We hear about Chief for the first time.

Episode 8: Halsey is captured.

Episode 9: Crimson & Majestic fail to rescue Halsey.

Episode 10: John to the rescue.

Nerd chills.

Epilogue: Palmer slips on the stairs, slips a disc and has to take early retirement.
But do we see him in the same armour?
I don't know if it fits into their plan for Chief, I don't see it happening.
If it's such a small glimpse it'd be cheap.

If he did appear - Is he playable? Is he even in a gameplay segment as an AI character?
I doubt the latter, because of the proficiency he'd have to display to be believable.

It would be kind of neat to see a fully scripted bit in Engine, where you're doing something, fighting CovPros I suppose, while he is dueling M'dama on a ledge you can't reach or something.

If he did appear - Is he playable? Is he even in a gameplay segment as an AI character?
I doubt the latter, because of the proficiency he'd have to display to be believable.

It would be kind of neat to see a fully scripted bit in Engine, where you're doing something, fighting CovPros I suppose, while he is dueling M'dama on a ledge you can't reach or something.
Maybe he'll show up and make you follow him around because he's tired of pushing buttons.

So I was playing the last Spartan Ops episode and my teammates were terrible. I was getting every kill (they were all using the AR and were ranked high enough to not have too). I had 50 before any of them had 5, it was hilarious. Continue to do awesome and at the end, a Promethean Knight gets stuck in a fucking wall and on one can kill him, so we can't advance. One by one, they quit. I never wanted to give up, but I eventually had too.

My best game of Spartan Ops is now lost forever.

Mindwipe

So I was playing the last Spartan Ops episode and my teammates were terrible. I was getting every kill (they were all using the AR and were ranked high enough to not have too).

While three other players doing it is silly, one person with an AR is really useful in SO for popping shields.

Especially if the connection is janky too, given they'll probably get some hits in rather than none.

Blueblur1

Halo 2 had 2v2 CTF in the Double Team playlist so there's a precedent. The worse and best game type/map combo was CTF on Elongation. My cousin and I would become infuriated when it came up but it was SO satisfying when we'd win.

Striker

Halo 2 had 2v2 CTF in the Double Team playlist so there's a precedent. The worse and best game type/map combo was CTF on Elongation. My cousin and I would become infuriated when it came up but it was SO satisfying when we'd win.
Elongation, Midship, and Warlock had CTF Classic if I remember right.

They had CTF Classic in Multi-team for Foundation and Warlock.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Did it actually say that?! Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit I must have missed it.

Probably not Bravo's doing lol

I know you're joking (hopefully) but if/when Bravo makes mistakes, and he certainly will, he needs to be called out on them, not given a free pass.

Infinity CTF sounds awful. Just like flag has always been in Halo 4, terrible.

Moa

I know you're joking (hopefully) but if/when Bravo makes mistakes, and he certainly will, he needs to be called out on them, not given a free pass.

Infinity CTF sounds awful. Just like flag has always been in Halo 4, terrible.

Just saying, Bravo isn't the only person who runs matchmaking.

blamite

Epilogue: Palmer slips on the stairs, slips a disc and has to take early retirement.

Seriously though, I really do hope there's some kind of Epilogue cutscene after the 10th episode. After how great the CG series has been, ending the season on an in-game scene is just to anti-climactic. It worked out okay for the midseason cliffhanger, but the end of a season deserves a little more, I think.

Halo 4 needs more fun and unique MP maps, both in design and in art.. Why not switch things up a bit and try things that wouldn't exactly fit in the SP art style wise?

Just game across this piece of concept art by Sparth. Wish there was a larger version available.

tumblr_mfv8uq3gcA1r5ajivo1_1280.jpg

My god, so beautiful. I hope we see more locales like that realized in the games.

Amazing. :lol

Does anyone know a Spartan Ops mission with a lot of knights?

If you are looking for one from any week I would do last weeks, the one that starts with sleeping grunts. Otherwise, do the one from this week with the Mantis.

Shadders

I admit it doesn't seem to fit in with their plans from what we've gleaned so far, but that may be intentional so that it is more of a shock when he shows up.

What about a Chief and Arbiter double team turns up to stomp on M'Dama. :D

This sounds like nerd dreaming, but they have to be looking to end on an epic high if they want people to shell out for Season 2.

Karl2177

I admit it doesn't seem to fit in with their plans from what we've gleaned so far, but that may be intentional so that it is more of a shock when he shows up.

What about a Chief and Arbiter double team turns up to stomp on M'Dama. :D

This sounds like nerd dreaming, but they have to be looking to end on an epic high if they want people to shell out for Season 2.
It would be the tits if Arbiter shows up at the end of Season 1 to kill M'Dama in CG. The Arbiter in Halo Wars looked badass.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Just saying, Bravo isn't the only person who runs matchmaking.

Of course not, but nobody was willing to give Jeremiah or Shishka a free pass. He's the public face of the decision making process and, publicly, the one responsible when it goes wrong.

Of course not, but nobody was willing to give Jeremiah or Shishka a free pass. He's the public face of the decision making process and, publicly, the one responsible when it goes wrong.
I'm already questioning the 10sec respawn in Doubles CTF, and radar in Doubles, period. It also would have been a good place to experiment with limiting AA's in the preset loadouts; kind of confused why it's either all or, in the case of Doubles Pro, nothing.

So basically if one player gets an easy double with Rockets or something, it's a for sure cap? Weapon choices on maps/ordnance are going to make or break that gametype.
Even if it's just one kill, that immediately puts the other player on defense mode for 10 seconds, which to me seems like a guaranteed flag cap.

Still quite a ways away. Surprising that Destiny hasn't even been announced/acknowledged officially yet and people were pegging it for a September release, whereas GTA V has had two official trailers, numerous art pieces, story breakdowns etc. Hope Bungie has a great plan to announce it soon.

they should announce it at pax east

no but seriously i imagine there should be an announcement very soon because of the whole GDC thing

Disappointed, must be going through development hell. It'll be, what 5-6 years of dev. time?

Next Gen Call of Duty vs Destiny vs GTA V, it'll be a fun fall.

i'd love for destiny to do well since it's bungie and it's a new IP. can't wait to see how this all unfolds

Disappointed, must be going through development hell. It'll be, what 5-6 years of dev. time?

Next Gen Call of Duty vs Destiny vs GTA V, it'll be a fun fall.

It must be killing Activision that they're forced to make a new engine from the ground up for next gen. I wonder what withdrawals they're going through right now?

It must be killing Activision that they're forced to make a new engine from the ground up for next gen. I wonder what withdrawals they're going through right now?

The COD engine is in major need of some TLC. The character animations in particular are starting to look pretty rough.

I'm curious as to what kind of engine people they have inhouse working on it since the Modern Warfare engine has only gone through tweaks the past several years.

Hey You

It's Rockstar. They release it when it's ready.

Rockstar really needs to get it's shit together (management wise). GTA V probably would have been done in 3 years (especially with support from all R* studios).

We've all heard the stories of the working conditions there (See R* San Diego Wives).

Top Bottom