• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

Shadders

It would be the tits if Arbiter shows up at the end of Season 1 to kill M'Dama in CG. The Arbiter in Halo Wars looked badass.

Oh shit! Do you realise what this is?! We're having those "watercooler moments" they promised us that Spartan Ops would bring.

itshappening.gif

wwm0nkey

That game was amazing, one of the best TPS I've ever played. Multiplayer is solid too, it's too bad it didn't catch one.

MP got ruined when people leveled up to get grenade launchers at the spawn. Other than that it was great and they got individual slow-mo to actually work in a MP game, THAT deserves some credit.

Fotos

They should have not done Max Payne 3.

Max Payne 3 is one of my favorite games of all time. Just something about Max made me love it. His lines, the way he moves, and how he interacts with other characters just made me love the game.

IHaveIce

Banned
Why isn't nilla's foundation remake in the forge playlist? :( Or computron's

EDIT: GOD DAMN HELL STOP VOTING SWAT IN THE FORGE LIST; GO PLAY SWAT IN THE LIST :mad:

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Radar in 2v2?

CTF in 2v2?

Personal Ordnance in CTF?

ehhhhhhhhh

You can't just cut Infinity Slayer. Not at this point in time at least. And the CTF settings in this playlist are good.

Just wait until you play it. Oh wait, you don't own the game. Soooo yea

I told Tashi people would call this out.

Don't knock it until you play it though.

I know you're joking (hopefully) but if/when Bravo makes mistakes, and he certainly will, he needs to be called out on them, not given a free pass.

Infinity CTF sounds awful. Just like flag has always been in Halo 4, terrible.

There's more than meets the eye

wwm0nkey

Halo 2 zombies tho

I really don't get why Bungie (and I guess 343) never understood that the fun part about zombies was working together and building defenses that disappeared over time or that the zombies broke down.

Never liked regular zombies unless it was on Foundation or Zanzibar.

I really don't get why Bungie (and I guess 343) never understood that the fun part about zombies was working together and building defenses that disappeared over time or that the zombies broke down.

Never liked regular zombies unless it was on Foundation or Zanzibar.

There were a lot of great defensive Infection maps in Halo 3 (all Forge though). The problem with that being in MM is sometimes the games will be too long and won't be as fun with randoms and not friends.

Would be cool to see Infection split into 2 playlists. One for long rounds and the other for lighting rounds which Infection is now mainly.

or a custom game finder, which would solve many other issues as well.

wwm0nkey

There were a lot of great defensive Infection maps in Halo 3 (all Forge though). The problem with that being in MM is sometimes the games will be too long and won't be as fun with randoms and not friends.

Would be cool to see Infection split into 2 playlists. One for long rounds and the other for lighting rounds which Infection is now mainly.

Overdoziz

Banned
You can't just cut Infinity Slayer. Not at this point in time at least. And the CTF settings in this playlist are good.

Just wait until you play it. Oh wait, you don't own the game. Soooo yea

Don't knock it until you play it though.

There's more than meets the eye
Wouldn't be Halo game without a doubles playlist where people crouch in a corner looking at their radar the entire match.

Tashi

Wouldn't be Halo game without a doubles playlist where people crouch in a corner looking at their radar the entire match.

Welcome to Halo.

I also can't remember a Doubles playlist offering up a Pro gametype like the one going in. It's totally different from the stock Infinity Slayer.

Speaking of CTF...

damn, this is crazy

halo

Cool trailer and all, but I'm really getting tired of DICE planning the most scripted moments ever that would never happen in a BF game. It just makes for a lot of complaining when the DLC comes out. I can see it now,

"The bikes are useless. You can't kill anyone while on them! The only thing they're good for is transportation. How dumb!"

Overdoziz

Banned
You remove radar and people are scared shitless to move.

Works both ways.
Sorry, but this has never happened in the history of mankind. Next.

--

Ugh, going from having host 5 matches in a row to having US host is horrible. Might as well not bother against decent players.

Moa

Sorry, but this has never happened in the history of mankind. Next.

Just because it hasn't happened to you, doesn't mean it doesn't happen to any one else.

It happened to me on so many occasions, people would still sit in corners waiting for someone to come through and just shoot them, maps like Adrift encourage this, radar or not.

Overdoziz

Banned
Just because it hasn't happened to you, doesn't mean it doesn't happen to any one else.

It happened to me on so many occasions, people would still sit in corners waiting for someone to come through and just shoot them, maps like Adrift encourage this, radar or not.
Well yeah, adrift is shit.

Tawpgun

Cool trailer and all, but I'm really getting tired of DICE planning the most scripted moments ever that would never happen in a BF game. It just makes for a lot of complaining when the DLC comes out. I can see it now,

"The bikes are useless. You can't kill anyone while on them! The only thing they're good for is transportation. How dumb!"
Recently they went overboard with setting up those moments.

But during the BC2 marketing they had this Battlefield moments ad campaign, and a lot of that shit could have easily happened in game. Battlefield is known for having some amazing moments, and DICE should focus on those and not try to script some chase scene that would never happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vepiJznvvY0

Shit like this would always happen in Battlefield.

m23

What the hell? GTA 5 in September now? I thought it was releasing in March :(
Ah well, knowing Rockstar, they'll use the extra time efficiently. Hopefully the next gen consoles don't overshadow it.

Halo 4 CTF has no place in doubles, throw down (terrible name) or any other playlist in the game. How can anyone possible defend the new CTF system?

Tashi

Halo 4 CTF has no place in doubles, throw down (terrible name) or any other playlist in the game. How can anyone possible defend the new CTF system?

Yes it does.

The new CTF style is not as good as the old one but it's still good. Definitely not as bad as everyone thought it was going to be. To me at least.

Striker

When you consider how Halo 4 spawning works (see: massive bro-spawn weighting), you realize that Foundation would be awful.
Spawns in Halo have never been good. But whatever they did to make changes wasn't for the better - Haven is a mess at times when it really shouldn't be given its size.

Yes it does.

The new CTF style is not as good as the old one but it's still good. Definitely not as bad as everyone thought it was going to be. To me at least.
I think it's definitely as bad as I thought it was going to be. Auto pickup and the waypoint being the worst of all.

Yup. BF3 trailers are great at over-selling. I've never had a moment in BF3 that is as awesome as those moments in the trailers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=E95PeZ0qsLY#t=40s

These types of trailers are here to draw excitement. I'd think Rockstar is the most well known for this, but everybody does it.

IHaveIce

Banned
GOD FUCKING DAMMIT I HATE THIS GAME.

Oh yeah match starts, 3 guys in my team decide to annoy me where they can and don't kill any enemies, they decide to leave when the score is high enough for the enemies so I will get no new teammates.

Halo 4, also Binary Rifle as PO on Scythe.. Yeah sorry but you messed up.

Still tried to get in the positive KD but fuck.. 25/21... hate this shit.

Top Bottom