• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

Madness

Halo 5 should just not have the AR.

Campaign only, keep it out of MP.

What? It's the classic Halo weapon. Most people would agree it's the most useful it's been in a long time. It serves its purpose. It's a strong close to close/mid weapon. Not super accurate but quite powerful.

It'seespecially helpful in taking down morons who sprint forward at you. I'd rather they take the DMR out of MP. That gun stalls map play and breaks almost any open map.

Moa

Releases without multiplayer, co-op support only. ;)

W8kBzom.gif

BTB Neutral Bomb is one of my favorite things ever in Halo. I have zero hope of 343 bringin that one back.
Well I doubt we'll see that since assault isn't in Halo 4, but to me the quintessential Halo experience involves a canyon, two flags, and a few warthogs. Halo 4 has some great BTB maps that would play great with CTF (Longbow, Rganarock, Meltdown), but we're stuck with slayer only.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think it would be cool if by some plot point Arbiter got possessed by the Didact and you had to fight this Forerunner-armor-and-augmented Arbiter, until he eventually joined your side and you had to finish the fight in Halo 6.

Basically, I want to see Elites taking on more Forerunner-esque armor as the plot goes on, and Arbiter to get some awesome ceremonial variant of the armor.

HTupolev

A PC version of Halo 3 would be the best thing ever.

Supersampling away the specular highlights = playing Halo 3 in bullshot mode = whoa.

Unless... you just know it's not going to a perfect port. There's going to be something wrong.

"We couldn't get the two-buffer thing to work in time for launch, so we're giving you LDR imagery, enjoy. We may at some point consider patching the full lighting system in. In the mean time, enjoy the (non-disableable) bloom that results from blurring the bright parts of the image and adding them back in a single layer, because why not."

Can't believe action sack is the main gametype in Halo 4. Just played an infinity slayer game on exile; guy on my team has a binary rifle and I die twice in succession to a binary rifle and beam rifle respectively. My ordances were 'nades, needler, overshield' and 'concussion rifle, sticky det, speed boost'. Joke gametype. 343 must have loved action sack in Halo 3/Reach.

Id love a easily moddable version of H3 on PC.

Can you imagine if they did an open sauce addon for it like they have with Halo CE.

Id officially die.

heckfu

Banned
Thanks for the invite, Unknown, but I'm just now setting my alarms to jam on some nap time. I'll be on tonight after the big game.

this is exactly why Halo is an xbox exclusive.

I would keep the Xbox if Halo 4 was good, but it isn't. : (

My Halo love for Xbox is pretty much only coming from Halo 3 now, since Halo 2 is dead and Halo CE is practically dead as well on Xbox. Halo 4 is bad and isn't enough to keep me on Xbox to play it.

I'm also still buying a next gen Xbox for Halo 5/6 and Forza 5. I'm not expecting Halo 5 and 6 to be ported to Steam till like 2018 when next gen is close to over. I only imagine Halo 3 is being sold on Steam because it doesn't matter anymore, people buying an Xbox to player Halo 3 are basically gone, and Next Gen is coming so it matters even less.

Now if Microsoft sold Forza Motorsports 4 and Forza Horizon on Steam... <3

These are beta textures on spartans right not retail? They look amazing

The reflection on the blue cqb spartans thigh is so good

HALO 3 COMES TO STEAM WITH BETA TEXTURES

Halo 4 introduced a shift in design philosophy. What happens when you hit Shift and 4 at the same time? $

IT'S A CONSPIRACY

Halo is saved.

I was just thinking yesterday how they could salvage Halo with what there was. I reckon Halo 3 on Steam with the requisite dedis and server browser (meaning everyone disables the fuck out of equipment) with a FOV slider would be glorious. Oh and proper KB+M input because that apparently isn't a given.

tumblr_mac3x3mzkj1ruj2iwo1_400.gif

On a side I don't know why everyone loves 3's beta armour so much. They look like they're made from Halloween costume material.

Top Bottom