• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

Thanks for the invite, Unknown, but I'm just now setting my alarms to jam on some nap time. I'll be on tonight after the big game.

Yeah don't ever feel bad for not accepting invites btw, I just spam them out so people always have me in their thoughts ;]

These are beta textures on spartans right not retail? They look amazing

The reflection on the blue cqb spartans thigh is so good

Agreed. I liked those a lot. Also look how far the Spartan is in the snow.

On a completely unrelated note, FrankerZ.

http://frankerz.com/images/frankerz.png[img][/QUOTE]

The Puppy Bowl is SOOOO damn cute!

[quote="HTupolev, post: 47251080"]Xbox Halo:

PC Halo: (Okay fine, it's a CEA cap, but the problem is carried over from HPC.)[/QUOTE]

Halo PC was fake as far as I'm concerned. Same with those H2 Vista cheevos.

[spoiler]Unless HiredN00bs or anyone else can get them for me <3[/spoiler]

I wouldn't put too much stock into anything though, even with it being in registry who knows if it'll ever come out. I figure if it does ever come out that Halo 1 will be the Gearbox port and 2 will be 2V (lol good time to take down MP) and 3 will be the only fresh port.

Still, would be nice to have a copy of Halo PC again.

Halo 3 with modding tools. We could make Halo 3 the perfect competitive Halo experience. We could port maps to Halo 3. New maps could be created. MLG could pick up Halo again. Please be true.

If the port is done right I will buy all three games again at $60.

Zoolader

Halo 3 with modding tools. We could make Halo 3 the perfect competitive Halo experience. We could port maps to Halo 3. New maps could be created. MLG could pick up Halo again. Please be true.

I'm having a hard time not getting really excited about this being a possibility.

Yeah. The game could be fantastic with mods.

Frankie: "Will Halo have multiplayer?"

GAF: "oh lol I get it, so it will have multiplayer! That's funny!"

E3 2013: "THE CAMPAIGN HALO TRILOGY WILL LAUNCH THIS FALL ONLY ON STEAMBOX. ALSO IT'S LOCKED AT 15 FPS"

:(

During an interview at E3 2013 only to some random site no one will see this tidbit for in months, but at least technically it was said at E3: "We didn't want to separate the fanbase from Halo 4 so we decided to only give you the single player too."

-This is after months of speculation on HaloGAF/other forums whether or not these amazing releases on Steam will have multiplayer.

-Poor communication triumphs.

-The cycle repeats into Halo 5.

-a zoojoo reincarnate joins HaloGAF and here we are again.

Seriously though

If Halo 3 PC actually comes out it needs some FOV modifier

I need a viewpoint a little wider than looking through a toilet paper tube

Seriously

It won't ;-;

Hey since you're around just wanted to say thanks for that Vanquish thread <3

Been meaning to play that for the longest time, so went on eBay since you reminded me and bought that shit for $13! It should be here any day now :b

Seriously though

Seriously

It won't ;-;

Seriously though

Seriously

It won't ;-;

If it comes back a FOV slider is the least of requirements. It needs ungimped modding support, Matchmaking for enforceable ranked games and a server browser for modded games.

It also needs a decent set of tweakable graphic options.

Halo 3 on steam would rock. Too bad I'd get abused with a keyboard and mouse.

Iv been accused of cheating when using a controller on Halo 2. If a game is not specifically built around mouse and keyboard then its usually a pretty evenly matched game.

If it comes back a FOV slider is the least of requirements. It needs ungimped modding support, Matchmaking for enforceable ranked games and a server browser for modded games.
... a set of graphical options sure, but those are extremely unrealistic expectations for a game released in 2007 and on a console only.

If Halo 3 is coming to PC, especially like this, I assume it'll be a quick inexpensive port, with money spent on it than was on Halo 2 Vista.

HTupolev

If a game is not specifically built around mouse and keyboard then its usually a pretty evenly matched game.
Sure, if by "not specifically built around mouse and keyboard" you mean "the mouse and keyboard controls are comically poor and the gamepad users get a ton of aim assist."

Sure, if by "not specifically built around mouse and keyboard" you mean "the mouse and keyboard controls are comically poor and the gamepad users get a ton of aim assist."

Pretty much

... a set of graphical options sure, but those are extremely unrealistic expectations for a game released in 2007 and on a console only.

If Halo 3 is coming to PC, especially like this, I assume it'll be a quick inexpensive port, with money spent on it than was on Halo 2 Vista.

Not really sure which is unrealistic?

Halo 2 had a server browser, Matchmaking is built into the game anyway and halo 1 had decent support for modding. They purposely gimped the supoort with H2V to stop people cheating and gave us a terrible map editor.

Even if it has Halo 3 xbox levels of mod support with the ability to add in tag sets that will be enough.

HTupolev

Not really.

I'd be happy to play through Halo 1 to 3 on my PC, in full HD and co-op online.

Pretty much the definitive Halo campaign experience on a single platform.
A 5-year-old console port lacking features compared with its console version?

Whether you would play it or not, "sent to die" would be a pretty good description.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
The real questions are;

1) Will Steam Halo CE be the same as Anniversary? (likely)
2) Will Steam Halo 2 be the same as Halo 2 Anniversary for Durango? (unlikely)

Halo 3 Engine. Entire set of maps from Halo 1 to Halo Reach. Halo 1-Reach weapon sets and a updated forge mode.

Now make it FTP. Everyone gets the base game and a handful of maps/skins/armours for free. Weapon skins and Armours cost a dollar. Maps cost a few dollars each. Forge mode and Theatre - upload to youtube, share images. Bliss.

Unless they released the multiplayer separately? Imagine say, a Halo 1-3 multiplayer greatest hits game.
Then I'd be surprised by them having 3 separate Steam community pages if it's a single purchase.*

*Obviously this is all based off the tiny scrap of detail we have of something we're not sure is true

The real questions are;

1) In my recently turned fully MS cynical mindset, I'm going to say they'd be lazy and go with Halo CE PC, less work
2) Nope. Unless it's really out this year, in which case - ugh anyway.

The real questions are;

Id personally like to see H:CEA instead of Halo CE. Id also like microsoft to add in multiplayer but that is never happening.

Halo 3 Engine. Entire set of maps from Halo 1 to Halo Reach. Halo 1-Reach weapon sets and a updated forge mode.

Forge mode would not matter if there are proper mod tools. No need to update it. I'd rather have Halo 3 than a "greatest hits". It would be really easy to port the H1 and H2 maps over to H3 with proper modding tools.

Forge mode would not matter if there are proper mod tools. No need to update it. I'd rather have Halo 3 than a "greatest hits". It would be really easy to port the H1 and H2 maps over to H3 with proper modding tools.

Yeah I guess. How about Halo 3 + ODST add on? Second campaign and Firefight. Call it Halo 3 Collection or something.

The real questions are;

This game deserves multiplayer.

image_halo_combat_evolved_anniversary-16925-2312_0007.jpg

m2054781.jpg

Halo-anniversary-1.jpg

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger

Forge mode is a lot more accessible than a proper map editor. If a proper editor was included, including Forge would be fine too. Not everyone wants to mess with hardcore editors.

Then again, if it's a proper standalone Halo multiplayer title, I can't imagine them including a Forge at all. Or a map editor - especially if they want to sell you maps.

Havok

Please update netcode on all of these mythical PC releases if you want to do them right. H2+V's wasn't great, and H3's isn't either. No more eating shots in 2013!

Yeah I guess. How about Halo 3 + ODST add on? Second campaign and Firefight. Call it Halo 3 Collection or something.

That'd be fine with me. What if this is Microsoft's 2013 Halo release? Followed by H2A in 2014 and Halo 5 in 2015?
Forge mode is a lot more accessible than a proper map editor. If a proper editor was included, including Forge would be fine.

Then again, if it's a proper standalone Halo multiplayer title, I can't imagine them including a Forge at all. Or a map editor - especially if they want to sell you maps.

I doubt they would try to sell DLC. They would make more money just selling the game with all of the maps and enticing repeat customers from the Xbox with the prospect of user generated maps. There really is not any need to update Forge. That is extra needless work.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
That'd be fine with me. What if this is Microsoft's 2013 Halo release? Followed by H2A in 2014 and Halo 5 in 2015?

Halo Steam Trilogy is a PC release.

Durango is launching this year and this year needs a Halo title for Durango - Halo 2 Anniversary will be in shops for this Xmas for sure.

Just think, full Halo 2 multiplayer for H2A.

That would please a lot of folks here I'd imagine.

Ramirez

Durango is launching this year and this year needs a Halo title for Durango - Halo 2 Anniversary will be in shops for this Xmas for sure.

Which is why they'll fuck it up.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger

I doubt they would try to sell DLC. They would make more money just selling the game with all of the maps and enticing repeat customers from the Xbox with the prospect of user generated maps.

I doubted they'd ever port Halo 3 to PC, but here we are over five years later looking at that prospect.

If the multiplayer is standalone, makes more sense for it to be F2P. Then you would have DLC. Plenty of paid DLC.

I'd love a complete H2A on the new Xbox but they don't need to make it a launch title. If the launch lineup is strong without Halo they should save it to sell more systems next year.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I'd love a complete H2A on the new Xbox but they don't need to make it a launch title. If the launch lineup is strong without Halo they should save it to sell more systems next year.

But they can't have a holiday season without Halo. They're chasing the COD cash now, remember? They means one year window for DLC releases. That means a new Halo title of some sort every year. That means multiple Halo title having full on multiplayer out within a year of each other (no more of this afraid one game with hurt the other crap - it hasn't hurt COD).

The only good thing to come from Halo copying COD is that we more frequent Halo releases from now on.

The more you and Fyrewulff are convinced that there's a Halo title this fall, the more angels lose their wings.
The only good thing to come from Halo copying COD is that we more frequent Halo releases from now on.
It's not a good thing. It's a death trap.

Thing to keep in mind is that Halo 3 was in registry since July 2012 and this update seems to be for the Community Hub aspect of Steam. That isn't a confirmation either way as Stump mentions Marble Blast Ultra getting the same treatment despite being long cancelled.

The real questions are;

Doesn't sound likely to me. Though I wouldn't want CEA either.

But they can't have a holiday season with Halo. They're chasing the COD cash now, remember? They means one year window for DLC releases. That means a new Halo title of some sort every year. That means multiple Halo title having full on multiplayer out within a year of each other (no more of this afraid one game with hurt the other crap - it hasn't hurt COD).

Why are yearly Halo releases a good thing?

I doubted they'd ever port Halo 3 to PC, but here we are over five years later looking at that prospect.

If the multiplayer is standalone, makes more sense for it to be F2P. Then you would have DLC. Plenty of paid DLC.

It doesn't seem like they would do standalone multiplayer. I assume we will just get a digital release of the current H1 and H2 pc titles with GFWL removed from the latter. It will be the simplest release. Releasing Halo 3 now, right as the new console comes out, seems like a smart move seeing as how they will have effectively maximized Halo 3 sales on the 360.

Plus, F2P mp with a bunch of DLC would require the creation of new assets. It makes the most sense to just sell the game as is and pull in as much cash as possible.
But they can't have a holiday season with Halo. They're chasing the COD cash now, remember? They means one year window for DLC releases. That means a new Halo title of some sort every year. That means multiple Halo title having full on multiplayer out within a year of each other (no more of this afraid one game with hurt the other crap - it hasn't hurt COD).

I see where you are coming from, but that does not necessarily mean they need to release a Halo title for launch. Halo 2A would be great launch title, but if MS feels they do not need a Halo title to meet their hardware sales numbers for this year I could see them skipping a year.

And who said HaloGAF was dying? Look at all this great discussion.. It is what you make of it people <3

I like this. Let CoD have November with Halo staying in September for numbered releases. Remakes, spin offs, anything else Halo can release over the Summer or Spring.

Why are yearly Halo releases a good thing?

Different experiences in such an expansive universe with fiction that already has a hold on millions of fans.

Top Bottom