• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

Alright juniors, Ryaaan14 agreed to do this with me. First 5 to send him messages on XBL requesting Destiny pics get the links. Try to also include a good reason as to why you deserve them.

GT Ryaaan14

GO GO GO!

Rtas

Alright juniors, Ryaaan14 agreed to do this with me. First 5 to send him messages on XBL requesting Destiny pics get the links. Try to also include a good reason as to why you deserve them.

GT Ryaaan14

GO GO GO!

34377300.jpg

Madness

I don't get how people believed Frankie would give two people Destiny beta keys especially since most of bungie hasn't even announced the name publicly yet.

Rtas

I don't get how people believed Frankie would give two people Destiny beta keys especially since most of bungie hasn't even announced the name publicly yet.

You know that Frankie isn't with Bungie right? And Bungie released the game name as Destiny a while ago, as in quite a while ago

Well I had written up my impressions of Episode 8 complete with spoiler tags for heckfu, but for some reason I got logged out and it didn't save anything, so I can't be bothered to write it all up again.

Summary: CG was phenomenally great, Chapter 5 was like a hint at Firefight with base-building, and Chapter 2's cave section was fun. Other than that, the Episode felt bland (almost nothing "new").

I'd rank it like this:

6 > 7 > 8 > Season 1

heckfu

Banned
Uhh normally I get this, but that literally spoiled nothing other than you can explode stuff and fight Covies and Proms. It was a random sandbox moment, not anything scripted.

I spoil tag everything story, new, or set piece wise.
Oh then my fault! I read it as a scripted moment of it crashing and exploding, etc.

Apologies.

You guys asked for it, here it is. Comprehensive listing of all weapons (and other parts of the golden triangle-with-a-dot-in-the-center of the of Halo's combat, that central dot being the revised AA system) that are a part of my sandbox revision project, now titled Instruments of War.

qDhzOrw.png

Customizable Circuit Armor Skin

JWHCQ-Q74HT-MXYP6-4CPH4-HYQYZ

https://live.xbox.com/redeemtoken

Enjoy.

COMPUTRON YOU BEAUTIFUL BASTARD

WHILE EVERYONE'S READING MY WALL OF TEXT I REDEEMED THE CODE

unless it is redeemable multiple times, in which case gg

Madness

You know that Frankie isn't with Bungie right? And Bungie released the game name as Destiny a while ago, as in quite a while ago

Uh you wanna re-read my post? That's why I said I can't believe some people bought into it since Frankie is no longer with Bungie.

And no, Bungie has never officially announced Destiny. All they've ever stated is that they are working on a new game which we should see Soon (TM) etc. They released a piece of artwork once the IGN leak happened but once again, no mention of 'Destiny'. In fact, if you read this week's mail sack, you'll see DeeJ take a subtle jab by trying not to mention the word Destiny. We all know it's going to be called that, but Bungie has never uttered a word that's what it'll be called.

I don't know where you heard that Bungie released anything quite a while ago, most people only found the name from the leaks that have happened.

Edit: Lol, cat man strikes again. I'm on my phone and so was reading his post in depth and then scrolled down. Didn't see him edit and write he got the code. It's well deserved though after finally finishing his version of the weapon sandbox.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Uh you wanna re-read my post? That's why I said I can't believe some people bought into it since Frankie is no longer with Bungie.

And no, Bungie has never officially announced Destiny. All they've ever stated is that they are working on a new game which we should see Soon (TM) etc. They released a piece of artwork once the IGN leak happened but once again, no mention of 'Destiny'. In fact, if you read this week's mail sack, you'll see DeeJ take a subtle jab by trying not to mention the word Destiny. We all know it's going to be called that, but Bungie has never uttered a word that's what it'll be called.

I don't know where you heard that Bungie released anything quite a while ago, most people only found the name from the leaks that have happened.

There have been... uh, Bungie Beta surveys.

One of which
I participated in.

Madness

There have been... uh, Bungie Beta surveys.

One of which
I participated in.

In the survey, does Bungie explicitly state its game is going to be called Destiny? They've never once acknowledged the name Destiny officially or publicly. Most people only saw the title font from the IGN leak. Internally they referred to it as tiger. It's semantics I know, but Bungie has not publicly acknowledged once that they are working on a game called Destiny. Even in the new interviews with places like Polygon, it's always Polygon that wrote the title, all Bungie acknowledges is that they are working on the new game that will be released soon.

Edit: In fact, the only thing that would tie Destiny and Bungie publicly is the trademark application they've filed.

GrizzNKev

Banned
In the survey, does Bungie explicitly state its game is going to be called Destiny? They've never once acknowledged the name Destiny officially or publicly. Most people only saw the title font from the IGN leak. Internally they referred to it as tiger. It's semantics I know, but Bungie has not publicly acknowledged once that they are working on a game called Destiny. Even in the new interviews with places like Polygon, it's always Polygon that wrote the title, all Bungie acknowledges is that they are working on the new game that will be released soon.

Edit: In fact, the only thing that would tie Destiny and Bungie publicly is the trademark application they've filed.

No, of course not. Though it was also once seen on a banner hanging inside the studio.

J10

Banned
You're all gonna feel like dumb asses when the game is called Tiger and Destiny was the code name all along.

Madness

Its ok I forgive you

Uh, dude, I don't think you're quite getting it. That was from an unofficial leak from an agency Bungie had contracted to do promotional work.

It's okay, I forgive you for still not understanding what I'm saying, which is that Bungie has not yet acknowledged they are working on a game called Destiny. All we know about the game is from leaks.

Someone get Duncan in here, he's the resident GAF expert on Destiny.

Karl2177

You guys asked for it, here it is. Comprehensive listing of all weapons (and other parts of the golden triangle-with-a-dot-in-the-center of the of Halo's combat, that central dot being the revised AA system) that are a part of my sandbox revision project, now titled Instruments of War.

http://i.imgur.com/qDhzOrw.png[IMG]

[/QUOTE]
I'll have more to say on this tomorrow morning, but is that much overlap in the weapons necessary?
[quote="TheOddOne, post: 47325871"]Spartan Ops spoiler: [spoiler] Anybody laugh at seeing the Covenant using Forerunner weapons? [/spoiler][/QUOTE]

I thought it was a bit refreshing to be honest.

Spartan Ops spoiler:
Anybody laugh at seeing the Covenant using Forerunner weapons?

Spoiler:
All Covenant weapons are Forerunner weapons. Reverse engineered tech, like Infinity's engine (although I think humans apparently make better use of their adopted tech, see: MJOLNIR). Seriously though, I actually like that they're exploiting more of the sandbox. Why the fuck not? I use their guns, why can't they? We've been fighting Elites with plasma rifles for going on 12 years. Mix it up a little bit. Reach had those Heretic Elites with the Human weapons in Firefight, that was interesting!

Enfinit

Slayer Pro in Team Doubles is the most fun I've had playing this game. Must've played 25 games of it today, even when I was getting donged on it was fun.

It felt like... Halo.

TheOddOne

I thought it was a bit refreshing to be honest.
Spoiler:
All Covenant weapons are Forerunner weapons. Reverse engineered tech, like Infinity's engine (although I think humans apparently make better use of their adopted tech, see: MJOLNIR). Seriously though, I actually like that they're exploiting more of the sandbox. Why the fuck not? I use their guns, why can't they? We've been fighting Elites with plasma rifles for going on 12 years. Mix it up a little bit. Reach had those Heretic Elites with the Human weapons in Firefight, that was interesting!
I didn't mean it as bad thing though :p

Just a holy shit moment, I was like "That makes sense, why the hell not!".

GrizzNKev

Banned
Uh, dude, I don't think you're quite getting it. That was from an unofficial leak from an agency Bungie had contracted to do promotional work.

It's okay, I forgive you for still not understanding what I'm saying, which is that Bungie has not yet acknowledged they are working on a game called Destiny. All we know about the game is from leaks.

Someone get Duncan in here, he's the resident GAF expert on Destiny.

Everyone gets what you're saying. They're just fucking with you because you get worked up so easily.

J10

Banned
Spoiler:

You know why humans make better use of adopted Forerunner tech? Because they are Forerunner.

I mean were.

Top Bottom