• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

Steam has great sales, but a lot of that comes because they have competition from those second hand stores. Amazon, GMG, GameFly, Origin, GameStop, etc.

You do this shit, take competition out, charge whatever amount of money you want. You either buy it from us or you don't buy it at all, hold dat shit

Steam has great sales, but a lot of that comes because they have competition from those second hand stores. Amazon, GMG, GameFly, Origin, GameStop, etc.

You do this shit, take competition out, charge whatever amount of money you want. You either buy it from us or you don't buy it at all, hold dat shit

Yeah, that is what I was getting out. They need to learn to compete and make themselves relevant rather than trying to lock others out.

I don't think GTA does the same thing. All of their games have a different style.

GTA? Those games change pretty dramatically with each iteration.

The actual gameplay is very close across the series. Different story, locations, and shit like cell phones/weight gain aren't massive changes to the gameplay. Granted, I suppose there's only been one online multiplayer iteration, so I probably shouldn't have included it.

TheOddOne

This man gets it.

He still won't get Viewtiful Joe 3 though.

Karl2177

So Microsoft killed the LAN party, the only thing that kept them in the gaming industry after the OXbox launched. Lol. They're limiting programming on Durango to certain libraries, while Orbis is essentially allowing me to program a Java game if I wanted to? They're trying to create a unified model that is distinctively Microsoft, and it's a poor model in this age. I guess they are really trying to go after that Apple money.

As for Halo, I've been watching the 2010 OgreLAN since CyReN sent me the links. One thing that's really awesome about CE is that you can see a direct distinction between hyper-competitive players and casual players. It's really interesting to watch matches with teleporters and watching them try and predict whether they took the walking path or the tele path and the timings of it.

Moa

Sooo it's February. Halo 4's important month. Hopefully we get some TU news tonight.

Wouldn't bet on it being anything good, not with how quiet they are being.

If they planned to have balance changes, such as a DMR nerf, or a boltshot nerf, they would have mentioned it, instead, we are getting "we don't release the TU details until after it releases."

Shadders

Teefury's shirt of the day features this (chubby) Cortana design:

1358371206_bot-unstable.jpg

Ten of your finest American Dollars.

www.teefury.com

this is like that time sig had a record time but got shot out of the air by a troll latiku during the airship section, but for the gaming industry

If anyone remembers previous generations Playstation is always "jesus" when it comes to what it can do, but it never delivers.
In that PS1 and PS2 were the best and most successful consoles of their generations?

Comparing a piece of technology to the "All Mighty" is a weird thing to do anyway. People.

Way too soon for more Halo. Stop burning people out.
Early in the generation is to hook people with new ips like Gears before it.

Akai__

M$ and Son¥...

I knew it, since Sony patented a software, which blocks used games. SMH at that decision, if true.

---

Happy birthday Juices.
343i should hire you. Would be an epic birthday gift.

In that PS1 and PS2 were the best and most successful consoles of their generations?

Comparing a piece of technology to the "All Mighty" is a weird thing to do anyway. People.

The "Emotion Engine" will produce Toy Story level graphics on the reg, so go buy that PS2 right now. Circa 2000.

You guys are silly as hell. Max players online (peak) is a super important number.

We already know lots of UU's sign on, the game sold well. Retention is down though. Players are signing on less frequently and for shorter durations.

The peak is the number MM has to work with with the hidden Trueskill to give solid games during PRIMETIME, its even worse during all other periods.

They completely ditched ranking systems for this new system and guess what, now theres not enough players for it to work!

Top Bottom