• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

Booties

Banned
Wait, you play FIFA outside of our games and are still that much of a BK? Shit, son.

I picked up the Retina Mac this summer and haven't regretted my decision yet!

Ouch man, ouch. My sister is getting the iMac. Seems kinda dumb but she's rich so whatevs.

Spartan Ops Episode 9 Trailer

PALMER PUTS ON HER HELMET OH MY GOD

Added YouTube link

She called Laskey "Tom". Are they smashing?

I'm trying to decide between an iPad 2 and a new Macbook, cuz they look awesome. The only loss of buying the iPad 2 that i've thought of so far is that I couldn't really do any DJing on it. aside from that, i can't think of any reasons to get the macbook over the ipad. this laptop i have right now is almost 5 years old, and it's laggy as fuck. it slows down/freezes when i alt-tab between programs :|

iPad is stupid as shit, don't get it if you need a laptop.

Oh for sure. This is a bad move for kids because they are going to go over to friends' houses to play, it's bad for people who don't have a lot of money to spend or families who cannot afford to buy new. It's going to harm casual gaming because you can't just buy and trade in etc.

I wonder what state the industry will be in with the skyrocketing cost of games and the fact so few are willing to take big risks with AAA games in case they cannot recoup costs.

They'll probably sell two types of systems so they can make more money from stupid grandmoms.

Booties

Banned
Eh.

Something about the whole "I need to know EVERYTHING even if that means working with the enemy" mentality annoys me.

Don't forget the writers of Spops dialogue are semi-retarded. Halsey is still the best character even though some hack with a keyboard is writing for her.

Dirtbag

Haha, that's one way of looking at it.

But Halo 4 did sell millions. While the population decline might be disappointing, it is pretty irrelevant at this stage; Microsoft and 343i have arguably made the most successful Halo game ever and have profited accordingly. And they did that while obviously looking at CoD for inspiration.

Unless Halo 5 sells quite badly (which it wont because it's Halo), I don't see Microsoft wanting to 'go back to the roots' of Halo at this stage. I'm half expecting Halo 5 to be even closer to CoD while maintaining that core 'Halo' gameplay.

off on a tangent but whatever

The game sold well on graphics and promises, but the gameplay hooked the least amount of players in franchise history. It's not just population decline, its a sharp drop-off never before seen in a Halo game.

I've had a 360 since launch and xbox live gold since then (and before then as well). That's 6+ years of xbox live gold at $50/yr. almost all of it to play "Halo". Do that math and talk to me about irrelevant population decline

SpOps episode 9 trailer:

Am I the only one who thinks the Librarian is looking odd there? Evil Librarian? dunno :/

totally read that as Evilore at first. :lol
Is that the major twist, that the Forerunners were really just HaloGAF thousands of years into the future in the past?

This is just another example of 343 persecuting Halsey. She's almost the Moby Dick to their Ahab, it seems.

Also, why on Earth would Lasky have Fireteam Majestic, the Halo equivalent of the Three Stooges, try to go after Palmer? At least send someone who has a clue what they're doing.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
And because PC's most popular userbase (STEAM) doesn't do the same, right?
Steam sales negate that. Way better than any shit joke of a deal MS puts out.

Seriously, for example: you can get Witcher 2 for 10 bucks(right now on sale) with all the bells and whistles while Amazon is charging 30 dollars for the 360 version.

That's a great display of the ridiculousness of the Boltshot. It's funny because when they were doing the weapon profiles on Waypoint, I got the impression that it worked like the Spartan LASER where you had a fixed amount of time before discharge. Once you realize that you can fire it earlier, like the Railgun, you really get a sense of how powerful it is. The range on that last kill is ridiculous, too.

There's no reason the Boltshot (as it is now) should be a secondary loadout weapon--it's more potent than the Needler, and the Needler is restricted to ordance.
Sometimes I feel like the only person who doesn't have a loadout with the Boltshot in it. :-|

IHaveIce

Banned
Steam sales negate that. Way better than any shit joke of a deal MS puts out.

Seriously, for example: you can get Witcher 2 for 10 bucks(right now on sale) with all the bells and whistles while Amazon is charging 30 dollars for the 360 version.
Ok yes Steam sales are kicking MS in the nuts.
WAIT A SECOND. What if after Majestic gets their asses kicked by Palmer, Lasky sends in Crimson?

What if we get to kill Palmer?

WHAT IF HE SENDS MASTERCHIEF AND THE S2's and the Arbiter :O

WAIT A SECOND. What if after Majestic gets their asses kicked by Palmer, Lasky sends in Crimson?

What if we get to kill Palmer?

prophet-of-regret-7.jpg

Press B to smash Palmer's dumb face in. It could be the greatest QTE ever. BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

Fracas

#fuckonami
prophet-of-regret-7.jpg

Press B to smash Palmer's dumb face in. It could be the greatest QTE ever. BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
God of War III all over again.

IHaveIce

Banned
prophet-of-regret-7.jpg

Maybe we smash a different place ... with our fist.

Brb tweeting 343

Episode 9 seems interesting.
I love how Palmer has no real command over the Spartan IVs, even if she is the commander of them. Interested what Librarian gives Halsey.

Now watch, laugh and cry as Palmer manages to slaughter Crimson and somehow incapacitate Chief before joining ONI and becoming evil.

Or getting pimp-slapped into cyber-blivion by Digital Godmode Halsey.

With all the nextbox rumors I honestly fear for the future of Halo. Sounds like the next console is going to get the short end of the stick when it comes to catering towards gamers and fans. =/

Reposting for the new page

Spartan Ops Episode 9 trailer

Some REALLY big story stuff is about to happen.
The Librarian reveals a new gift.

The Office of Naval Intelligence has ordered the assassination of Catherine Halsey, and Sarah Palmer is slated to pull the trigger. Lasky, in an effort to save Halsey’s life, sends Fireteam Majestic to stop Palmer. What they discover may be the key to the future of humanity.

Where the fuck are the Spartan 2s? Seriously. I mean, this is looking good, maybe majestic and Palmer will wipe each other out and we will be left with a fresh slate. But seriously, I really like where the story is going.

I can't bring myself to use that weapon. It isn't satisfying or interesting. Kills feel cheap.

Similar to how I never use camo.
I tried using Camo once; didn't like it. I dislike the Boltshot so much that I don't even pick it up if it's lying on the floor. I think I have less than 5 kills with it.

Now watch, laugh and cry as Palmer manages to slaughter Crimson and somehow incapacitate Chief before joining ONI and becoming evil.

Or getting pimp-slapped into cyber-blivion by Digital Godmode Halsey.
Nope. Palmer is mortally wounded during the mission and, in a cruel troll move that rivals the inclusion of The Boltshot in custom loadouts, Halsey digitizes her persona to be the be the new AI for Chief: Paltana.

Despair.

Top Bottom