• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

If I could round up a equal skilled partner id be spending all my time in the doubles playlist.

Unfortunately a equal skilled partner simple does not exist. Its not easy being terrible.
I know that feeling.

doubleshvu43.png

So far, my first game of the night in Doubles usually goes very well. Games are close and overall skill (or lack thereof) are evenly matched. Next game is a crap shoot of whether or not skill is matched if my random teammate sticks around. If not, all bets are off and I usually start getting my ass handed to me. Still, the playlist is worth it.

Less than 7 hours, you Blorgons!
I have my inebriation kit ready.

Seen Snipes is back for good? Thats awesome.

Ive been playing Halo Wars lately and havent been on Halo 4 in a week or two. Got sick of the game now.

Too little too late I guess :/

gAg CruSh3r

Just curious who wants BTB with Objection in it? I would personally like to see a mixture of Slayer (maybe),CTF, OB, Extraction, and Dominion in BTB.

Risen

Doubles Pro is the shit

gg Risen.

This man spits truth. ggs

Promethean Vision is still the most ridiculous thing ever put in versus game play... particularly in a 2v2 environment on small maps. Silly developer is silly. The second most ridiculous thing is a power weapon or power up not placed on a map, but earned by some metric and being distributed by "percent chance".

lol playing with Jazzy the other day, we are getting it handed to us in a 2v2 Scythe game. We are down a couple very late. They have position, we are trapped on spawn, they are getting the new snipe... we are being out played... but wait, my ordnance drops a binary rifle.

Thank you for the win lady luck.

Just curious who wants BTB with Objection in it? I would personally like to see a mixture of Slayer (maybe),CTF, OB, Extraction, and Dominion in BTB.

I want this. Many others have expressed a desire for it as well. This + Team Objective and Team Throwdown would pretty much give me all I want from this game (in terms of playlists, anyway).

This man spits truth. ggs

Promethean Vision is still the most ridiculous thing ever put in versus game play... particularly in a 2v2 environment on small maps. Silly developer is silly. The second most ridiculous thing is a power weapon or power up not placed on a map, but earned by some metric and being distributed by "percent chance".

lol playing with Jazzy the other day, we are getting it handed to us in a 2v2 Scythe game. We are down a couple very late. They have position, we are trapped on spawn, they are getting the new snipe... we are being out played... but wait, my ordnance drops a binary rifle.Thank you for the win lady luck.

Congrats on the good drop.

Who doesn't want to win or lose based on a game mechanic rather than their own merits? I mean that's at the very cutting edge of game development.

I've always been a strong advocate of fiesta MLG. Anyone can just be amazing with the BR if thats all they practice with!

Also random missile strikes across the maps. IMO it would be more canonical with what Halo is all about.

Computer

AA's would not be half bad if they were done right. You don't see people going on full blown rants about someone using a thruster pack or being fooled by a hologram. Thats because they are somewhat effective but have very little effect of the game unlike camo, jet pack, and promethean vision. If they would get rid of those three and come up with something less drasitic I don't think we would have such a issue with AA's.

Overdoziz

Banned
AA's would not be half bad if they were done right. You don't see people going on full blown rants about someone using a thruster pack or being fooled by a hologram. Thats because they are somewhat effective but have very little effect of the game unlike camo, jet pack, and promethean vision. If they would get rid of those three and come up with something less drasitic I don't think we would have such a issue with AA's.
The only issue I have with hologram is that it shows up as a normal dot on the radar, so if you don't see the hologram itself yet it's practically impossible to distinguish it from a regular player which is pretty lame. I guess it's not as bad as in Reach where only the host saw holograms as red or yellow dots on the instead of white like everyone else. Threw me off so many times.

Computer

The only issue I have with hologram is that it shows up as a normal dot on the radar, so if you don't see it yet it's practically impossible to distinguish it from a regular player which is pretty lame. I guess it's not as bad as in Reach where only the host saw holograms as red or yellow dots on the instead of white like everyone else. Threw me off so many times.

Another issue I have with hologram is when I shoot them they turn camo so for a split sec I think its a guy with camo. It really fucks with me.

Now all they need to do is rebalance the primary weapons, nerf the boltshot, and make Active Camo a power up.
In a perfect world the Jetpack would be nerfed too, but I can live with it. I think.
Oh and fix the issue of plasma pistol/sticky grenades in BTB.

Yep. That would make me a happy Halo fan.

GrizzNKev

Banned
What the fuck.

I was filling out a survey sent to me by Microsoft Studios about my feedback on Halo 4's multiplayer. I was writing incredibly extensive and informative responses for everything, and then about 75% through I got a "survey access error." It said my results were "probably submitted." I'm not about to write it all out again. Well I might, but not until the weekend. I tried opening it again and it didn't save my progress. Frankie halp (I doubt 343 was directly involved in the survey anyway).

Booties

Banned
When did 343 mention that they were "so right" and "so great"?
Refusal to admit mistakes is also arrogant as well. Who knows for sure why the game was so bad when released, but at least own up to it and make some progress. Stop lying about mistakes.

Crimson map pack fiasco.

QED

Striker

Oh and fix the issue of plasma pistol/sticky grenades in BTB..
How would you fix this? Removing them from the loadouts? Some of the vehicles (hi Banshee) are still absurdly powerful. If only the vehicles were balanced along with things like the DMR in large maps in addition to starting out with an EMP machine and the plasma 'nades. It's just a mess all around; I don't think removing them from loadouts magically makes it all normal again. Vehicle-infantry combat has stunk for so long, even under Bungie.

Booties

Banned
How would you fix this? Removing them from the loadouts? Some of the vehicles (hi Banshee) are still absurdly powerful. If only the vehicles were balanced along with things like the DMR in large maps in addition to starting out with an EMP machine and the plasma 'nades. It's just a mess all around; I don't think removing them from loadouts magically makes it all normal again. Vehicle-infantry combat has stunk for so long, even under Bungie.
PPs worked best as a pick up for 10 years. Why make it default in every hopper? The dmr is good enough for taking out most vehicles without scavenging the map for a plasma weapon. Its overkill. Put a laser on the map too. Vehicles were awesome on Valhalla, but not OP thanks to weapon placement.

Gordon

Maybe nerf the nade count and the PP's ammo capacity? Basically apply the ammo perk backwards just to PPs? Would be cool if they could set 'rules' that modify cooldown on certain AAs when it's appropriate as well. That would make it a lot more feasible to try to include the entire sandbox in the entire spectrum of player-counts.

TheOddOne

What the fuck.

I was filling out a survey sent to me by Microsoft Studios about my feedback on Halo 4's multiplayer. I was writing incredibly extensive and informative responses for everything, and then about 75% through I got a "survey access error." It said my results were "probably submitted." I'm not about to write it all out again. Well I might, but not until the weekend. I tried opening it again and it didn't save my progress. Frankie halp (I doubt 343 was directly involved in the survey anyway).
I hate when that happens, now I just do everything in Word. God, I lost so much text because the strangest glitches.

GrizzNKev

Banned
I hate when that happens, now I just do everything in Word. God, I lost so much text because the strangest glitches.

Damn, that was my 5000th post too. I was gonna make a thread about how I felt posting 5000 times and now I can't. Day ruined, thanks Microsoft!@11!!

Striker

PPs worked best as a pick up for 10 years. Why make it default in every hopper? The dmr is good enough for taking out most vehicles without scavenging the map for a plasma weapon. Its overkill. Put a laser on the map too. Vehicles were awesome on Valhalla, but not OP thanks to weapon placement.
Laser was awful, it belongs in the dump with the Incineration Cannon and Fuel Rod Gun.

I thought Reach's Plasma Launcher was a good neutralizer for vehicles (except fighting broken Banshee), and they used it often in the larger maps. Liked it a lot. Of course like the Grenade Launcher, which is what I think should be the EMP weapon/anti-vehicle weapon, they got rid of it too. The Plasma Pistol was its best as a pickup yes but it was better as a strict strip shielding weapon only. Now it's just a weapon that people pick up, aim at a large moving vehicle, and get an easy kill. They've just made most vehicles lately so strong they introduce more heavy weaponry/EMP shit in the fray and it becomes a mess. I've hated almost every aspect of BTB/vehicle settings they've introduced since Halo 3. Boarding was basically buffed due to vehicle stun, there's lock-in for vehicles, EMP Plasma Pistol, Spartan Laser, vehicle health in Reach's, OP vehicles Banshee w/ a fuel rod blast or the chaingun in Halo 3, playlist management constant use of Heavies, satisfaction of using Scorpion tanks in MP maps, list goes on.

Fuchsdh

Maybe nerf the nade count and the PP's ammo capacity? Basically apply the ammo perk backwards just to PPs? Would be cool if they could set 'rules' that modify cooldown on certain AAs when it's appropriate as well. That would make it a lot more feasible to try to include the entire sandbox in the entire spectrum of player-counts.

The PP is the most gimped its been in a long time--tracks less, drops charge much faster, is less effective than Reach's at dealing regular damage.

To balance the banshee, I think shooting the fuel rod cannon should drain your boost/flip energy.
The flip is pretty much a get out of jail free card... Shoot the fuel rod, flip, fly away, shoot the fuel rod, flip, fly away.
Watch a few minutes of Gamesager's gameplay (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bkW3cWNCsU).
Notice how vulnerable he is while shooting the fuel rod cannon.
You slow down, have a downwards trajectory and pretty much pause for half a second.
If it delayed you from boosting out of combat, you would be a lot more vulnerable to infantry, and other vehicles while using that heavy weapon.
It would give you a reason to switch to the plasma cannons to take out infantry, because you could be more agile using that weapon.

And I don't think the plasma pistol should lock onto ground vehicles. They should be harder to EMP.
They are already pretty easy to shoot and more vulnerable to plasma grenades.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Hm ok, are there any really cool easter eggs in Halo 4, I mean something funny like dancing naked guys or something :(

Yeah... I guess it's technically an easter egg, but killing extra enemies for a weapon drop of a weapon that's already in the game isn't exactly something people should be excited to discover.

Top Bottom