• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

The PP is the most gimped its been in a long time--tracks less, drops charge much faster, is less effective than Reach's at dealing regular damage.

Shame that they made it useless for regular shots, it was nice in Reach.

YefHH0d.png

I said this on Skype.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gutCFMc5khY

Havok

Shame that they made it useless for regular shots, it was nice in Reach.
Then they put in a commendation that requires 940 kills with the PP to max it out.

Whoops.
Just curious who wants BTB with Objection in it? I would personally like to see a mixture of Slayer (maybe),CTF, OB, Extraction, and Dominion in BTB.
Not all of those, no. Select modified ones? sure. I don't think the current CTF variant would work with 16 people - grab flag, take teleporter out, your waypoint gives you away and you're pinged by half a dozen people all at once. Big Team Slayer has been junk since it was introduced, toss it out. That includes the Heavies crap. Oddball is a nade- and camp-heavy gametype, it's never been in Big Team for a reason the same way that King of the Hill hasn't. Extraction, absolutely. A three-plot Extraction mode would work really well, I think. Dominion always should have been a BTB gametype instead of its own "lets grind ordnance commendations!" mode. On that note, they would need to seriously rethink a couple of things with it: 1) the resupply system - it shouldn't be turning the game into Heavies a minute after the game starts, and 2) the scoring system - I bet 99% of the people who play that playlist don't understand the specifics of how scoring works in that gametype.

Overdoziz

Banned
To balance the banshee, I think shooting the fuel rod cannon should drain your boost/flip energy.
The flip is pretty much a get out of jail free card... Shoot the fuel rod, flip, fly away, shoot the fuel rod, flip, fly away.
Watch a few minutes of Gamesager's gameplay (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bkW3cWNCsU).
Notice how vulnerable he is while shooting the fuel rod cannon.
You slow down, have a downwards trajectory and pretty much pause for half a second.
If it delayed you from boosting out of combat, you would be a lot more vulnerable to infantry, and other vehicles while using that heavy weapon.
It would give you a reason to switch to the plasma cannons to take out infantry, because you could be more agile using that weapon.

And I don't think the plasma pistol should lock onto ground vehicles.
They are already pretty easy to shoot and more vulnerable to plasma grenades.
Just remove the fuel rod gun from the Banshee and you're done. That way you don't even have to make it annoying to fly either.

Just remove the fuel rod gun from the Banshee and you're done. That way you don't even have to make it annoying to fly either.

Banshee bomb is useful. First shot should strip shields and emp vehicles second shot should kill people and damage/kill vehicles .

Keep the time between shots.

FyreWulff

I never really got why SWAT and Snipers didn't have limited ammo.

It was only limited in Halo 2 because they didn't have the option for infinite ammo. They outright said in Optimatch at the time that if H2 had the option, it would have been on.

And with how aggressively Halo 4 garbage collects weapons, you're not going to really be able to scavenge ammo.

Infinite ammo just cuts out a pointless middleman. It's a Slayer playlist, it's not highbrow.

Havok

Banshee bomb is useful. First shot should strip shields and emp vehicles second shot should kill people and damage/kill vehicles .

Keep the time between shots.
So you'd have an almost-instant kill instead of just instant as the driver would just switch to the plasma cannons the second he fired. It'd be a vehicle variant of the noob combo. Force people to use those plasma cannons the entire way. They have to slow down for a full second to do so. You have instantly and automagically balanced the Banshee's maneuverability because it can't be in a constant boost-pause a half second to fire-boost loop.

I was going to say this at first, but I feel like a lot of people would complain if it was removed.
IDK.
Yeah, people would complain because they couldn't pad their stats with an OP vehicle. A real shocker. You'll invariably get someone complaining about the eventual Boltshot nerf and his stats probably look like he's the Boltshot Gamesager.

I really wish people would stop bitching about free shit.

There's a difference between bitching about something and joking about something.

Also, one could argue that it's not really free since you're paying $60 a year to be on xbox live, unless they're also doing this with silver members.

What would ODST 2 even be about? I can't think of anything but the journey from ODST to Spartan IV?

6 Month after The new phoenix incident.

Promethean Hive Mind inside New Phoenix has opened 2 portals to requiem which is delivering constant reinforcements. Promethean Hive Mind is readying an assault on earth working outwards from New Phoenix. Large Anti Air shields have been set up.

Buck's ODST squad and a second Squad lead by the rookie are dropped into the city at either end. Over the course of the game you taking on the role of various members of each squad must fight your way into the city destroy the portal generators and then the Promethean Hive mind.

Except half way into the game one squad gets pulled into the portal and ends up on requiem. Their story has them trying to hail the infinity and evac with the other squad having to destroy the intelligence on their own.

Or

Bucks ODST squad's actions during Halo 3.

Or

New ODST squad lead by The Rookie stationed aboard the Infinity who got lost on requiem and are trying to regroup with the infinity.

Or

Buck and gang during the battle of New Alexandria.

Or

Bucks ODST squad's actions during Halo 3.

Or

New ODST squad lead by The Rookie stationed aboard the Infinity who got lost on requiem and are trying to regroup with the infinity.

Or

Buck and gang during the battle of New Alexandria.

In line with ODST's somewhat emotional theme, I'd go with Buck and his squad becoming inferior and refure to 'upgrade' to Spartan IV. I'd like a game about that struggle. Buck's squad trying to prove themselves etc

Dare's Jaw.

No idea how they went from the voice actress to the character in the game. They look nothing alike.

I remember finishing ODST in co-op and we fell silent during the outro and then suddenly down the mic i hear

"She has a face like a shoe"

In line with ODST's somewhat emotional theme, I'd go with Buck and his squad becoming inferior and refure to 'upgrade' to Spartan IV. I'd like a game about that struggle. Buck's squad trying to prove themselves etc

Is that Kate Becket?

Through the fact Microsoft sucks and I cant get my email addresses corrected (I essentially get twice the deals because I have two actual email addresses on my account) I got 40 points for my birthday. Score.

I swear they make all their webpages and service functions shitty so they can auto-charge you and hope you are too busy or something to spend the time calling them. Yet when you finally call them they are super nice about fixing and reversing everything...

Halo 4 ODST should take place after Chief and the Arbiter make the jump to the Ark following the theme of the original. You're stuck in the ruins of New Mombasa fighting the Flood with Lord Hood.

This would also let them test out elements of Flood combat in preparation for Halo 5.

Through the fact Microsoft sucks and I cant get my email addresses corrected (I essentially get twice the deals because I have two actual email addresses on my account) I got 40 points for my birthday. Score.

I swear they make all their webpages and service functions shitty so they can auto-charge you and hope you are too busy or something to spend the time calling them. Yet when you finally call them they are super nice about fixing and reversing everything...

The best was back in the Halo 2 days calling 18004myxbox to cancel a 2 month with some outrageous name.

Its not free, its $60.
IxbjKRZ.gif

Halo 4 ODST should take place after Chief and the Arbiter make the jump to the Ark following the theme of the original. You're stuck in the ruins of New Mombasa fighting the Flood with Lord Hood.

This would also let them test out elements of Flood combat in preparation for Halo 5.

All over this.

Are ODST's even in existence anymore? Seems like they've been retconned..

Hi Month.

lol

I really wish people would stop bitching about free shit.

I'm with you, buddy.

I would be if XBL was free, or if there weren't annoying ads all over the place (/wrist for having them on Halo Waypoint), or if they didn't make such a big deal about those "rewards."

Have a little request. Can someone crop the white background on my avatar?

Nice, seems like a bunch of people have been stepping up their avatars without those lame backgrounds.

darthbob

I would be if XBL was free, or if there weren't annoying ads all over the place (/wrist for having them on Halo Waypoint), or if they didn't make such a big deal about those "rewards."

I suppose I'm biased, seeing as how I haven't dropped a penny on LIVE for what seems like years.

Still, the ads aren't that bad, and it's not like ads aren't prevalent in other subscription services like cable TV or a magazin.

Haha, I'm not arguing the merits of ODSTs being better characters so far, just trying to rationalize the decision to not have ODSTs in-game. Why would ONI put ODSTs on a ship full of a million Spartan IVs? I thought it was said that a lot of the IVs are ex-ODSTs anyway.

I mean, these guys from the campaign kinda look like Spartan ODSTs, no?
2820771-web_preview.png

IHaveIce

Banned
Haha, I'm not arguing the merits of ODSTs being better characters so far, just trying to rationalize the decision to not have ODSTs in-game. Why would ONI put ODSTs on a ship full of a million Spartan IVs? I thought it was said that a lot of the IVs are ex-ODSTs anyway.

Why don't they use the remaining Spartan 2s and Spartan 3s on the most important ship. :(

Top Bottom