• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

If you collide with them at great speed you damage theirs shields then with Speed Boost negate speed reduction and adds more speed to your sprint so when you try to melee with speed boost while running is usually a one hit kill.

Booties

Banned
If you collide with them at great speed you damage theirs shields then with Speed Boost negates speed reduction and more speed to your sprint so when you melee with speed boost it while running is usually a one hit kill.

So you're saying that the players momentum plus the melee kills them, or you collide first, then melee?

Gordon

I think you collide first, make sure their shields flare a bit, and then melee.

Don't think its that easy to pull off from the sounds of it.
Other way around = splatter? lol

Edit: You can splatter yourself with speed boost and thruster, right? Can you splatter other players like that? That would be hilarious.

Madness

You run into them and hit melee. Definitely not as easy as it sounds. I actually like speed boost, think it's a great addition to the sandbox as a power up pickup and in a sprint free halo. Even though it's a bit OP, speed boost plus sword is devastating. Only used that combo once.

That's because it wasn't in Battlestar Galactica.

It was Sliders.
That's the show about the time-travelling tiny hamburger, right?

Wait, there's actually Speed Boost as a pick-up in 2v2 CTF on a map that small?
It needs to be completely removed from the map in every one of the Doubles gametypes.

[fingerwag]Bad Cartographers! BAD![/fingerwag]

Can't wait to see the backlash after the TU when the Boltshot isn't removed from loadouts. What a ridiculous weapon to have available at all times.

Karl2177

We only had to wait two years for that page. :)

Tried to record one last week, but couldn't get everyone in the room. Looking to record another when I'm back in the office.
Just curious, do you guys record it in the same room that Bungie did?

I wonder what happens with 300% speed and speed boost...

Madness

That's the show about the time-travelling tiny hamburger, right?

It needs to be completely removed from the map in every one of the Doubles gametypes.

Can't wait to see the backlash after the TU when the Boltshot isn't removed from loadouts. What a ridiculous weapon to have available at all times.

They can't completely remove it though. It's tied to commendations isn't it? Wouldn't it be better to nerf it slightly? Reduce range, reduce ammo, make one charge shot only take off shields etc. Whole bunch of options. It's like the DMR, they can't remove it entirely (though they should).

Gordon

Just curious, do you guys record it in the same room that Bungie did?

I wonder what happens with 300% speed and speed boost...
77994-motherofgod.jpg
Warp speed!

I had the opportunity to play a Infinity CTF match on Ragnarok. It was tons of fun! Enemy team got beam rifle, binary rifle, sniper rifle, incinerator cannon, rocket launcher in their personal ordnance. What did I get? I had the opportunity to choice between Concussion Rifle, Needler and the Speed Boost. You can clearly see that the game wants me to win. Matches like these show me the personal ordnance system needs a massive re-haul. A player should not get a sniper, binary rifle or a beam rifle as their personal ordnance on specific maps(big maps). No. They should be global ordnance. People should fight for those weapons. I don't mind Halo 4's version of CTF. No I am liking it a lot but Infinity CTF is awful. Goddamnit it is no fun because one team has Fortune on their side and they will get the better weapons.

And how should I get Regicides if I am always the King?

Tawpgun

Nah, just remove it from CTF. I think speed boost is an awesome addition to the sandbox.

I had the opportunity to play a Infinity CTF match on Ragnarok. It was tons of fun! Enemy team got beam rifle, binary rifle, sniper rifle, incinerator cannon, rocket launcher in their personal ordnance. What did I get? I had the opportunity to choice between Concussion Rifle, Needler and the Speed Boost. You can clearly see that the game wants me to win. Matches like these show me the personal ordnance system needs a massive re-haul. A player should not get a sniper, binary rifle or a beam rifle as their personal ordnance on specific maps(big maps). No. They should be global ordnance. People should fight for those weapons. I don't mind Halo 4's version of CTF. No I am liking it a lot but Infinity CTF is awful. Goddamnit it is no fun because one team has Fortune on their side and they will get the better weapons.

lol, adapt scrub.

Karl2177

Oh. Who would ever want to be king?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Hopefully 343 learned that you can't just change everything because you think you are so right and so great. Glad to see instant respawn going away.

yeah I wish we hadn't said that now. Looks kind of egotistical when you see it quoted like that.

Fracas

#fuckonami
yeah I wish we hadn't said that now. Looks kind of egotistical when you see it quoted like that.

Snarkiness aside, I am glad to see that steps in the right direction (towards what I personally consider to be good Halo) are being taken. Hopefully you guys just take a few more.

edit: Except for Infinity objective variants.

Ghazi

It's good that you guys are at least acknowledging it. Things have to get worse before they get better. Things seem to be going in the right direction for now, Team Doubles is mad fun!

Madness

It's great that you still visit haloGAF, there's a lot of excitement around here. Keep up the good work. Doubles Pro is some of the best fun I've had in a long time, can't wait for Throwdown.

They can't completely remove it though. It's tied to commendations isn't it? Wouldn't it be better to nerf it slightly? Reduce range, reduce ammo, make one charge shot only take off shields etc. Whole bunch of options. It's like the DMR, they can't remove it entirely (though they should).
Yes, it's tied to a commendation, but it can be added to Personal or Global Ordnance so people can still go for it if they want. I don't mind the damage it does (the range is pretty ridiculous), but it certainly doesn't need to be available at all times to anyone who wants it.

Team Regicide. KING JOUST, baby!

Nah, just remove it from CTF. I think speed boost is an awesome addition to the sandbox.
Solari is too small for Speed Boost. I like it's overall addition to the sandbox, but it shouldn't be on that map at all, or available in ordnance for the Infinity gametype. Maybe I'm just bitter that I got my ass handed to me by a guy who kept grabbing it on my first playthrough of the map.

Is this post being sarcastic or not. I can't tell. Either way for me Halo is improving. Which I am grateful for. If I could round up a equal skilled partner id be spending all my time in the doubles playlist.

Unfortunately a equal skilled partner simple does not exist. Its not easy being terrible.

Yup, sometimes it fails but you could easily land an instant melee and kill two more enemies before they can do anyting.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Is this post being sarcastic or not. I can't tell. Either way for me Halo is improving. Which I am grateful for. If I could round up a equal skilled partner id be spending all my time in the doubles playlist.

Unfortunately a equal skilled partner simple does not exist. Its not easy being terrible.

partner with me and I will hide while you dong!

Madness

partner with me and I will hide while you dong!

The 343 guide to winning as told by BS Angel and Frankie, hide with camo!

The best thing about doubles is the fact I have my cousin to play with. We both bought xboxes after playing CE and have logged thousands of games in every release since then. Playing doubles pro with him has been a blast.

Overdoziz

Banned
You guys...I think he was just joking.
Either way Halo 4 doesn't allow you to customize gametypes in a way for you to play certain gametypes in a way that's been possible for over a decade. Whether it's due to 343's arrogance, bad time management or sloppyness is up for debate.

I'm generally encouraged by the trends we're seeing as they appear on the horizon as time moves along.

I'm happy to see instant respawn being removed from gametypes that it shouldn't be in. I'm happy that loadouts/perks are following a similar path. Even though I still don't agree with 343's reasoning about hiding CSR from us in-game, it's still a positive step that it's coming.

The impending changes to Doubles and the incoming arrival of Team Objective, Team Throwdown and the TU all have me leaning more towards the optimistic end of the spectrum.

The TU is going to be a huge key, though. It will be interesting to see what it will and will not bring to the table.

Either way Halo 4 doesn't allow you to customize gametypes in a way for you to play certain gametypes in a way that's been possible for over a decade. Whether it's due to 343's arrogance, bad time management or sloppyness is up for debate.

I already told you guys, they outsourced that shit to se7ensins. They have some 17 years old working on removing sprint and flinch right now.

I appreciate what the modders are doing

Top Bottom