• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

I happen to like the Boltshot.

66OR0.png

The boltshot is shameful.

neoism

It's much much much much much less.

The progression system in Halo 4 is shockingly short, I haven't seen a AAA multiplayer game with one this short in a while.

Shortly after launch, I calculated that it would take me 3 months to get 130, and that was playing less than pretty much every other HaloGAFer that I regularly play with. In 2 years of playing Reach regularly, I made it about a third of the way through the progression system (now that's strictly a third by points, so it doesn't take into account that you get more points at higher levels, but it's still a staggering difference between the length of the progression systems of the two games).

is h4 78 also?

This is going to be lame but whatever. I'm obviously a huge fan of Halo, but H4 disappointed me. I don't own it anymore, and have not played the game in well over a month. People called me out for complaining about the game when I don't even own it, they have a good point. As much as I loved Halo as a series, and as much as I enjoy being a part of this community, just reading about people's constant disappointments with the H4 gets me down. I think I am going to take a break from HaloGAF. You're an awesome bunch of people, and I have enjoyed playing with some of you and interacting on this forum. Sorry for being annoying on here askng about PMs and bitching about H4. Maybe 343 will fix some of the things I have issues with in a TU, and maybe I'll come back. But for me currently, my love for Halo is fading quick. I am unsure of where the franchise is heading in the future, and I really can't trust 343 like I did before. I may peep in here or there.

So for now, all I can do is hope.

Peace everyone.

You're right. That was lame. Maybe you might have some graphic design work to get done instead...

This is going to be lame but whatever. I'm obviously a huge fan of Halo, but H4 disappointed me. I don't own it anymore, and have not played the game in well over a month. People called me out for complaining about the game when I don't even own it, they have a good point. As much as I loved Halo as a series, and as much as I enjoy being a part of this community, just reading about people's constant disappointments with the H4 gets me down. I think I am going to take a break from HaloGAF. You're an awesome bunch of people, and I have enjoyed playing with some of you and interacting on this forum. Sorry for being annoying on here askng about PMs and bitching about H4. Maybe 343 will fix some of the things I have issues with in a TU, and maybe I'll come back. But for me currently, my love for Halo is fading quick. I am unsure of where the franchise is heading in the future, and I really can't trust 343 like I did before. I may peep in here or there.

Peace everyone.

lol Come on man, why are people taking it this seriously? Some of you need to take a step back and remember what you're playing here.. unless you're actually making tons of bread off of it.

No reason to get all down like that breh, but haven't you said this before anyway?

My original point was about how fast you actually move, as in from A to B, not the pace of the game, which I do agree that Halo 3 had a slower pace than Halo 2.
Yes, I get that, but I'm saying that actual movement speed is not that important, because there are other factors that change how "fast" it is.

My head fucking exploded when I found out that actual movement speed is nearly identical in those two games because 2 feels so much faster (the reasons I listed above).

Inertia is the fun-hating devil and it ruined Halo!
is h4 78 also?

Yeah I think so. I haven't seen anyone do the math on it, but it feels the same as Reach's and I do recall Ellis saying it was the same.

Yes, I get that, but I'm saying that actual movement speed is not that important, because there are other factors that change how "fast" it is.

My head fucking exploded when I found out that actual movement speed is nearly identical in those two games because 2 feels so much faster (the reasons I listed above).

Inertia is the fun-hating devil and it ruined Halo!

So we're talking about two different things! Why did you quote me?! :p I guess I wasn't being specific enough.

And I disagree with your opinion! Halo 3's movement was awesome. I felt like I could do anything, but I'm not that good of a player.

Isn't it frustrating that all these gripes, all these suggestions, all these things that seem so logical and simple to us will never make a lick of difference in the design of the next Halo game.

I came to that realization once Halo 3 was released and it was frustrating. What's even more frustrating is a new company not learning from the mistakes they knew about while causing other sins to the franchise lol

So we're talking about two different things! Why did you quote me?! :p I guess I wasn't being specific enough.

And I disagree with your opinion! Halo 3's movement was awesome. I felt like I could do anything, but I'm not that good of a player.

It was about the FOV differences between Halo 2 and 3 I think lol

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Ah... I remember when all it took to be lucky was luck. Not predestination, a weird lizard woman with metal hair, and a gene song.
I've only played the campaign once, but the only thing I remember liking about it (as far as plot goes) was Chief's interactions with the scientist lady and the Infinity crew. All the Forerunner stuff fell very flat. Chief being fated to save the universe really cheapens him as a character. I hate the implications they have on the past, present, and future of the lore. And I really didn't like how they handled Cortana's struggles...

Man, I really do dislike nearly everything about Halo 4.

Not all Jean Songs are bad...
yUvG5.gif

Kibbles

So I got bored and finally decided to try out the new maps since they were just sitting there forever and wow. Does 343 even playtest their stuff? Just played KoTH on Wreckage and the framerate is absolutely terrible.

Peace everyone.

tumblr_lzlx6rRG6z1qzlvmi.gif

Moa

So I got bored and finally decided to try out the new maps since they were just sitting there forever and wow. Does 343 even playtest their stuff? Just played KoTH on Wreckage and the framerate is absolutely terrible.

Wait until you play Extraction on Shatter - you'll love it.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
They didn't make the maps so why would they playtest them?

GrizzNKev

Banned

try shatter splitscreen

guaranteed 15 fps

Oh, Steely. Your responses were as irrational as your dislike for Avalanche!

lol sorry I get going on a train of thought and just run with it.

As long as I'm having a conversation with myself on movement, I'd like to mention that aiming also affects the perception of moving around the map and how "smooth" it feels. Add it to the list of things that makes Halo 3's movement less than awesome for me.

try shatter splitscreen

guaranteed 15 fps

Thats the brown crimson map that isn't Harvest or the one with the Mantis right?

Played it for the first time today. It was like juices' powerpoint analogy. Horrible.

I've been saying for a while now that the perfect Halo game plays more or less like Halo 2 (with less aim assist) and Halo 1's centered reticle and FOV.

I really don't get why there isn't a Sprint meter, it's as though they want you to use Mobility.

It makes complete sense too. You could have three meters above your motion tracker - Sprint on left, Ordnance in center (gone for anything non-infinity), and AA on the right. And it clears up room for medals and removing white text perfectly!

NOPE GOTTA MAKE SURE I CAN GET MY REQUESTS CONFIRMED IN EXACTLY TWO GAMETYPES IN THE ENTIRE GAME

I have a hanky with one of those dutch windmills on it. what does that one mean

you wanna get dutch ovened and then helicopter dicked by hansel and gretel

malfcn

Why is it hard to understand that jetpack breaks all sense of design philosophy? Spend months designing maps, and have it ruined instantly with the push of a button.

Fotos

Why is it hard to understand that jetpack breaks all sense of design philosophy? Spend months designing maps, and have it ruined instantly with the push of a button.

I don't know why they designed the maps for Jetpack. Why don't they just take it out and make good maps.
Every time someone Jetpacks up to one of the towers on Solace and kills me I feel like breaking the game.

Top Bottom