• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

Bourbon shortages.

The bourbon is fine, but we have another issue!

129039975611542950.jpg

Moa

Just checked, and Strongside is 2nd place on the Infinity Challenge leaderboard. This is change we can believe in.

Technically, he's first, that Naughty93 guy is boosting.

Also, this is a notice on the Infinity Challenge website:

PLAYER BANS: Special note to all players that any competitor found or suspected to be cheating, stat padding or involved in any collusion will be removed from the leaderboard without any notice.

Sweet justice.

Such a stupid tournament.

Should have been something like "Play 100 games, be entered to win"

Aint nobody got time to sit and play Halo all day long.

Technically, he's first, that Naughty93 guy is boosting.

Also, this is a notice on the Infinity Challenge website:

Sweet justice.

Sweet. I figured as much. That guy had one of the crazy high ones during the qualifying period too.

Such a stupid tournament.

Should have been something like "Play 100 games, be entered to win"

Aint nobody got time to sit and play Halo all day long.

Strongside has time. At least he's not a dick, right?

Fuchsdh

I don't want anyone who had enough time to play that much to win that truck. I barely have time to play video games, this dude is getting a truck for sitting on his dick all day.

Well you have a better chance at winning the game of life for not doing that, so isn't that enough of a consolation prize?

I don't want anyone who had enough time to play that much to win that truck. I barely have time to play video games, this dude is getting a truck for sitting on his dick all day.

To be fair, he's legitimately a beast at Halo. It likely took him far fewer games than most of the other people playing. He also got paid for winning MLG tournaments and shit for sitting on his dick all day. Does this anger you as well?

To be fair, he's legitimately a beast at Halo. It likely took him far fewer games than most of the other people playing. He also got paid for winning MLG tournaments and shit for sitting on his dick all day. Does this anger you as well?

Nah thats based on skill. Not a timesink.

Well you have a better chance at winning the game of life for not doing that, so isn't that enough of a consolation prize?

Nobody wins at life. You work and then you die. And in between you dont get to have sex with the people you want to.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
After playing and enjoying Reach with some GAFers last week, I figured I'd start playing it once or twice a week again, but I've been playing it almost every day. If anyone wants to play, shoot me a friend request. I removed everyone from my friends list after Halo 4 came out and I was so disillusioned that I wanted to get rid of my Xbox, hah. So, add me again. I'm down to play Halo 3 sometimes, too.

Nobody wins at life. You work and then you die. And in between you dont get to have sex with the people you want to.
Damn, hope you're not serious. If I can squeeze joy out of playing Reach, you can enjoy life.

Computer

Why is it hard to understand that jetpack breaks all sense of design philosophy? Spend months designing maps, and have it ruined instantly with the push of a button.

I know them feels. Jetpack + assault rifle is the fucking worst. Breaking maps with no skill kills all day. They might as well make maps different colored square boxes so people can fly around shooting each other.

snakegriffin

Neo Member
How long have you been a member of NeoGAF? How long have you lurked?
Only a few days. Lurked for a couple of months. Not quite as scared of this forum as I was before, so I thought I'd poke my head in. Been a long time poster on HBO.

How old are you? What country or state are you posting from? (Optional)
I'm 32 years old and live in the US of A, in MD.

How long have you been a Halo fan? Have you played all the games?
I've been a fan since CE. LAN parties FTW. I've played through all of the games multiple times save for Halo Wars, couldn't really get into that one.

What mode do you spend most of your time in?
Multiplayer for sure.

What is your favorite playlist?
Mostly Team Slayer and Big Team. I'd like Regicide if it didn't punish you for kicking ass.

Help us get to know you better. (Optional)
In my free time when I'm not playing Halo I play guitar, take care of my dogs and do computer-y stuff.

This is going to be lame but whatever. I'm obviously a huge fan of Halo, but H4 disappointed me. I don't own it anymore, and have not played the game in well over a month. People called me out for complaining about the game when I don't even own it, they have a good point. As much as I loved Halo as a series, and as much as I enjoy being a part of this community, just reading about people's constant disappointments with the H4 gets me down. I think I am going to take a break from HaloGAF. You're an awesome bunch of people, and I have enjoyed playing with some of you and interacting on this forum. Sorry for being annoying on here askng about PMs and bitching about H4. Maybe 343 will fix some of the things I have issues with in a TU, and maybe I'll come back. But for me currently, my love for Halo is fading quick. I am unsure of where the franchise is heading in the future, and I really can't trust 343 like I did before. I may peep in here or there.

So for now, all I can do is hope.

Peace everyone.

8P7c2.gif

This GIF was meant to be a cowboy riding off to the sunset, but this was better.

Mature post, I'm sure that was a hard choice and post to make mate. As much as posters may disagree it's never nice to have players/lovers of the same game feel the need to extract themselves. I truly hope the TU provides the real classic playlist/settings/maps and all that for the many that express this view.

Imma jetpack all over this fuckin' place. The worst one is people who jetpack off of mancannons in ridiculous trajectories. Its just so stupid. That and the boltshit.. just delete them already.

This is being constructive. Remove them. Game suddenly better. Sacrebleu!

Fracas

#fuckonami
wow hahahah

not to take anything away from your donging but those guys were so fucking bad

Lol that's the reason this happened.

You can see it a bit (this is Karl's POV), but Franklinator, kittens, and I were running around them seeing how they'd react. Sooooo bad.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Also gonna upload one of the most intense games of Halo I've ever played. It was a GAF custom match, MLG KOTH on Battle Canyon, me, Franklinator, ryaaan, and demoncarnotaur vs kittens, Bregmann, 789shadow, and Deadly Cyclone. Went down to the last couple seconds. Not as good without the commentary, but that match was so damn good. I miss a few snipes early on though, haha.

Thinking back on it, MLG Reach was really, really good

edit: looking at the footage now, I kind of sucked in this game lol

edit edit: Eh, gonna do it tomorrow. It'll take about an hour to upload in HD, and I have to go sleep soon.

Duji

Why does he have the marker over the player for Halo 3 and Reach but way off to the side for Halo 2 and Halo 1?

Never got the complaints about Halo 3's movement. I thought it was very smooth and I always felt you can do a number of crazy jumps and tricks in the game.

Sounds like you've never played Quake. It completely takes a dump on Halo 3's movement. It's orgasmic.

FyreWulff

Why does he have the marker over the player for Halo 3 and Reach but way off to the side for Halo 2 and Halo 1?

Never got the complaints about Halo 3's movement. I thought it was very smooth and I always felt you can do a number of crazy jumps and tricks in the game.

Regardless, the movement speeds are still basically the same, and what are the effects of widescreen vs. 4:3 in relationship to how fast you think you move? Halo 2 in widescreen has a larger FOV than Halo 3.

They could fine tune it for some other people, but I prefer movement to have inertia. It makes sense from a mechanical standpoint and helps to prevent "floating gun" movement syndrome that some games suffer from, because it lends weight to your movement and makes you feel like you're actually controlling a Spartan inside the playspace.

IHaveIce

Banned
They could fine tune it for some other people, but I prefer movement to have inertia. It makes sense from a mechanical standpoint and helps to prevent "floating gun" movement syndrome that some games suffer from, because it lends weight to your movement and makes you feel like you're actually controlling a Spartan inside the playspace.

Don't know I never felt in any part of the games like a badass Spartan like they are described in the books. I don't think a Spartan would be that slow. Inertia sucks :(

neither in Multiplayer or Campaign.

Top Bottom