• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I admit, I lol'd quite a bit.
The original Bungie vidoc that they're basing the parody off of was probably my most watched Reach vidoc. So I remember half the lines they're referencing, and it makes the parody even better.

Dirtbag

Vidocs are always so snooty for me. My eyes roll constantly watching all of them. I guess they are pretty fantastic little marketing pieces though so I'm probably just being a dick.

Kuroyume

Banned
Vidocs are always so snooty for me. My eyes roll constantly watching all of them. I guess they are pretty fantastic little marketing pieces though so I'm probably just being a dick.

Yeah. They were nice at first when the production values and script didn't feel like they were worked on for weeks.

If they allowed for four voting options in matchmaking, sooooo many options would open up. The current ridiculous UI could actually fit it in, too.

The original Bungie vidoc that they're basing the parody off of was probably my most watched Reach vidoc. So I remember half the lines they're referencing, and it makes the parody even better.

I think I'm looking forward to the ViDocs as much as I am looking forward to Destiny.

GhaleonEB

Thanks again, just watched the movie again. :)

The book is pretty great. Lots of art and production stuff, along with Ridlegrams. A lot of it covers ideas cut or altered in the final film. I find Prometheus both incredibly fascinating and frustrating, in part because of how many great ideas were jettisoned in development.

That's incredibly well made, both in the points made and the ways it references the Forge World vidoc. 0_o

Shut up and get back to playing Skyrim, those Stormcloaks aren't going to kill themselves.

Well, I am an Illusion user, so having Stormcloaks kill themselves is a frequent occurrence. :p

Microsoft have badly whiffed 2 of my most anticipated games this gen, this and Crackdown 2. It's funny, I only bought the original Crackdown for the Halo 3 beta and it ended up being one of my favourite games! Shame the series is pretty much dead :(

On Halo 4, I thought host selection etc was fixed in recently? Had my first games in 3 weeks the other night and some of the connections were horrendous. Took a while to find matches too, even with 20,000 folk in a playlist. Think I'll leave it for a while again :/

Man, Crackdown 2 was such a let down. Still had fun but it had no evolution from the original.

LOL at YOLO Indie.

Kills
Deaths

Damn.
Yeah, that is some crazy matchmaking there. I take it skill isn't the main concern when matching players? And I'd guess even if skill was primary, trueskill uses win/loss to do its stuff right?

I'm not into chasing after KDR, but still think it should be the basis for scoring in slayer modes. Thats just common sense.

There is no personal ordnance in Team Regicide. Or are you being facetious ?
No, but a little buzzed. What I was trying to get at was that I didn't miss personal ordnance one bit in Team Regicide, and that was surprising, for me.

ElRenoRaven

Man, Crackdown 2 was such a let down. Still had fun but it had no evolution from the original.

Hell it actually went backward I thought. The night time was just annoying as hell. Then they took away little things like the vehicles transforming, etc. Really it should have been a proper sequel maybe set in another city.

Sorry biggy couldn't get away from the gf on Thursday.

Everyone go back to Reach that game is really good. People saying the gunplay is good in halo 4 have no idea the dmr is ridiculous in reach.

So much less bullshit too.

Wish we could get squad Slayer back in action as we really couldn't leave mlg n it got a little boring after ten or so n I like to objective whore.

mhi

Meh my best game was 50-5 we lost but I didn't care.

Don't really care about a win/loss ratio. K/D 4 lyfe. Where in Halo 2, I would have weeped to see my level go down after having a good game. But it's all about progression now baby, thx COD.

What I was trying to get at was that I didn't miss personal ordnance one bit in Team Regicide, and that was surprising, for me.

I'm happy they left it out of CTF too. Team Regicide plays better for it as well. Overall having Infinity Slayer and Infinity BTB are welcome additions with BO and PO but that said I would like a playlist or two with feels for say The Pit or with on map stuff, ranks etc.

My usual statement of keep some variety in the playlists and differing game demographics. It seems playlists and community segments are like countries and votes on game types or maps are like states. Let us continue Halo as a global audience with varied tastes but near future updates for our old states populace please.

kylej

Banned
plywould and juicey pls, 343 is working very hard and I"m very proud of the team. squad slayer will be back in halo 8.

Over couldn't even wait until the old thread reached 20k replies before pulling the trigger on the biggest tryhard OP I've witnessed in my time here. Fucking lol.

Omni

plywould and juicey pls, 343 is working very hard and I"m very proud of the team. squad slayer will be back in halo 8.
Along with fileshares

Meh my best game was 50-5 we lost but I didn't care.

Don't really care about a win/loss ratio. K/D 4 lyfe. Where in Halo 2, I would have weeped to see my level go down after having a good game. But it's all about progression now baby, thx COD.

Yah, unfortunately. At this point if I can keep my K/D above 2 in a game I'm happy. Winning is secondary if I had to be really honest. I mean, I go for the objective during CTF and whatnot, but I'm not going to complain if I don't get it. There's no incentive to win

Two months after Halo 8 launches: "Missteps were made. Expect squad slayer to roll out with our next TU coming early 2032. Here's a picture of a cyborg cat playing with what's left of the ozone layer <3 Ozzy".

Enfinit

Over couldn't even wait until the old thread reached 20k replies before pulling the trigger on the biggest tryhard OP I've witnessed in my time here. Fucking lol.

I clicked every link in the OP trying to find Cosmo's stream and found nothing. Nothing but disappointment.

kylej

Banned
hydranockz I found it very informative. for instance, I did not know which platforms Halo 3 appeared on or who developed Halo 2

This statement irks me.

Me too, wasn't sure why everyone was bashing Uncharted this morning. Anyways, it reminded me of when I was lurking the Uncharted 2 OT on launch day and people were super hyped when they started playing it. I remembered someone getting upset at people's hype, then I decided to check back on it, Daxxy poo, you were really getting on people's nerves with those posts lol.

Uncharted 2 is great. The third was good but not as good as the second. Both games were fun to play. Anyone who disagrees with this statement is wrong.

malfcn, your Prometheus book has been shipped.

op_ivy, the Halo 4 LE and LE guide book have shipped.

That's the last of the stuff I was sending out.

Goodbye, Halo 4. It is perhaps the biggest gaming disappointment I've experienced. I'm genuinely sad at what 343 did one of my favorite series, but I've now officially moved on. Later.
Peace. Gotta kick out of watching Bladed's Halo3GAF montage in the OP and seeing your Assault hyjinx. I was still a wee lurker back then (still am, mostly). That whole video says a lot about where this community came from and what's happened to it since H4.

Blueblur1

I wonder what 343 employees are thinking right now. You know, with HaloGAFers actually playing older Halo games instead of just saying they were better.

Top Bottom