• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

Gordon

Any pictures anywhere?

Here are pics for three of the maps

Garrotte: Album

Despair: Screen 1, Screen 2, Screen 3, Screen 4, Screen 5, Screen 6, Screen 7, Screen 8, Screen 9

Scythe: Album

And here are videos of what I hope are the latest versions - or close to them - of Big Papa Salot's maps
Shutout
Simplex

And there's lots of footage of Relay around.

Can't link to tinypic on GAF BTW. Thanks for posting though.
Lemme just fix that...

Just upgraded my Windows 7 Laptop to Windows 8.

Can anyone here who uses Windows 8 confirm if Halo 2 Vista works fine on Windows 8?

Haven't tested it myself, but it should work fine.

Despair: Screen 1, Screen 2, Screen 3, Screen 4, Screen 5, Screen 6, Screen 7, Screen 8, Screen 9

Scythe: 1, 2, 3, 4, Overview

Looks like Forge™

Holy shit who decided on those Forge pieces for the environment that Despair is built in. That takes ugly to a whole new level.

Can't link to tinypic on GAF BTW. Thanks for posting though.

Havok

Messed around with most of those Forge maps going in tomorrow. They seem okay, hard to say without playing on them.

I haven't seen a map set on Erosion yet that doesn't look like hot garbage visually.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Hey CCs, get a Pit remake in rotation pls thx. Sanctuary, too.

I was just thinking that an awesome feature for Forge would be a gravity plane. Basically, you set the angle at which you want gravity effecting the map. So say you wanted to build a slanted map so you could get better lighting effects or scenery, you would adjust the gravity then choose to have all objects automatically align with it. You could also choose to not adjust the pieces to align with the gravity plane which could lead to some pretty crazy maps.

I think forgers should just avoid erosion in general. The only thing it's good for is Griffball, and that's because it has a dedicated court built into it.

mhi

Clearly you didn't post on Optimatch. Also, the same guy led the team Halo 2 and Reach matchmaking (Jeremiah).

The biggest issues discussed on Optimatch were Hardcore (people pushing it to be as identitical to the MLG settings as possible, pistol secondary), then eventually Hardcore FFA etc. H2H and Multi-Team were also hotly debated.

Still can't believe 6v6 turned out so great. Overall, I think communication was very strong and most feedback was heard and acted upon. The only negative was it did take a while for mm updates to be rolled out.

CyReN

We did test out a Pit version, for whatever reason the Forger made the map smaller so with sprint it made it a cluster-fuck. If you guys got any good ones feel free to message Fyre, Tash, or I.

Can one of the CC's speak to weapon spawns on Forge maps in MM? Some of those versions shown, such as the Lockout remake, have traditional weapon spawns on them (including Halo 4 loadout weapons on the map). Will the MM versions have the same weapon spawning systems as all the current MM maps? (global and personal ordnance spawning only)

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
We did test out a Pit version, for whatever reason the Forger made the map smaller so with sprint it made it a cluster-fuck. If you guys got any good ones feel free to message Fyre, Tash, or I.

Yea it was no good.

And yea, if you guys find any good maps, please let us know.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, cool, I didn't realize you were a CC, too!

Ghazi

Simplex is soooooo good.

The way the encounters flow on that map are much better than any of the maps on disc, it's around Haven goodness.

Havok

The only one I hadn't checked out before was Garrotte. Holy crap, it is tiny. As in, 8 second sprint from spawn to enemy base tiny. I have a feeling instant respawn is going be chaos on that map.

JB1981

So tomorrow we got a MM update and Forge playlist ???

So tomorrow we got a MM update and Forge playlist ???
I hope that Exile's Gauss is removed, among other things. And I'll be keeping an eye out to see if they shift the Mantis over to different maps, like maybe remove them from Meltdown and put them into Vortex.

NOKYARD

The only one I hadn't checked out before was Garrotte. Holy crap, it is tiny. As in, 8 second sprint from spawn to enemy base tiny. I have a feeling instant respawn is going be chaos on that map.

Keep in mind a few of the maps are destined for Team Doubles. They may be a wee bit tight for 4v4 but the playlist was created to stress test maps.

Havok

Keep in mind a few of the maps are destined for Team Doubles. They may be a wee bit tight for 4v4 but the playlist was created to stress test maps.
Sure, it seems like it'd be fine for that, I was just talking in the context of the gametypes we'll be seeing tomorrow. 8-10 players and all. That one in particular stuck out, the rest seem fine for those settings (though I have my own personal trepidation about Lockout in a Halo 4 gameplay environment).
I hope that Exile's Gauss is removed, among other things. And I'll be keeping an eye out to see if they shift the Mantis over to different maps, like maybe remove them from Meltdown and put them into Vortex.
They'd need to remove the tank as well. Gauss is the only thing that can keep it in check. It's this really stupid escalation of counters. Remove 'em all!

Ghazi

Any pictures of the forge maps?
And is the playlist going to be slayer and objective?

There will be CTF & Slayer I believe. Gordon posted some pictures earlier.

Scythe: Album

And here are videos of what I hope are the latest versions - or close to them - of Big Papa Salot's maps
Shutout
Simplex

And there's lots of footage of Relay around.

Lemme just fix that...

Top Bottom