• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

TheOddOne

That is kind of at the point where you are just looking for stuff to complain about. You still get around 10 new maps for free, oh well if one is on Vortex?
I just feel that it should stand on it's own. It shows ambition and a clear desire to make it some kind of staple mode. Yes, it free but make it worthwhile with exlcusive content and make people want to pay for theoretical season 2.

Chapter 3 looks absolutely amazing though, that is what I expected from the start and wish that quality bar was in all the chapters.

IHaveIce

Banned
Random idea that popped into my head:
-Have a playlist with both Slayer and Objective
-Let it match up full teams of 4 only with other full teams of 4
-Without full teams only Slayer shows up, with two full teams of 4 both Slayer and Objective show up.

Interesting. I'd like the matchmaking to be able to dynamically change the map selection pool based on the configuration of the players in the party. If there's a 4-split box in the game, Forge variants don't show up. If there's only 2-split boxes, 2-split compatible Forge maps show up but ones that tank 4 don't. If everyone in the game is on their own box, then Forge variants made for single screen are selectable from the pool.

These are some great thoughts and would give us insight about the enemies, I don't know why we were able to see in Reach if someone was in a party but in Halo 4 you can't.

For you Gears fans, if you preorder Judgment on the Microsoft store you get 1600 free MS Points.
Just a warning, Microsoft Store does not accept returns on 360 games whatsoever. Also Gears sucks.

Kidding obviously, although I personally don't care for the way the game feels.

The last 2 videos I seen of gears made me do a full 360 on it. At first I really did not care about a prequel but after watching 2 gameplay videos the environments looked great and so did the graphics when you place the gears gameplay that I like with that it moves straight into a "must buy"

Its a shame no CE has been announced yet

Fuchsdh

Already been tested dude.

Halo 2 - had ranked/unranked/objectives/slayers spread out. Result = Good.
Halo 3 - had ranked/unranked/objectives/slayers spread out. Result = Good.
Halo Reach - had arena and the rest were social. Result = Stunk.
Halo 4 - All Social, no ranked playlists. Result = Hot Garbage.

Get off me.

Yes, because obviously there were controls and this has nothing to do with your own personal feelings on playlists.

As for being on you, don't flatter yourself.

I just feel that it should stand on it's own. It shows ambition and a clear desire to make it some kind of staple mode. Yes, it free but make it worthwhile with exlcusive content and make people want to pay for theoretical season 2.

Chapter 3 looks absolutely amazing though, that is what I expected from the start and wish that quality bar was in all the chapters.
The best SpOps missions were on MP maps. I enjoyed nearly every Complex and Ragnarok mission.

The last 2 videos I seen of gears made me do a full 360 on it. At first I really did not care about a prequel but after watching 2 gameplay videos the environments looked great and so did the graphics when you place the gears gameplay that I like with that it moves straight into a "must buy"

Which video are you referring to?

Overdoziz

Banned

eh....

u4iX

Yes, because obviously there were controls and this has nothing to do with your own personal feelings on playlists.

As for being on you, don't flatter yourself.

You're being very snarky towards him.

He does have a point though, the playlist implementation and management of Halo 2 and 3 (pre-Shishka) weren't even an issue. There weren't nearly as many complaints about them from the community as there were for Reach's and 4's.

FyreWulff

You're being very snarky towards him.

He does have a point though, the playlist implementation and management of Halo 2 and 3 (pre-Shishka) weren't even an issue. There weren't nearly as many complaints about them from the community as there were for Reach's and 4's.

Clearly you didn't post on Optimatch. Also, the same guy led the team Halo 2 and Reach matchmaking (Jeremiah).

wwm0nkey

It has finally happened!

FSFCz.jpg

Should be on "Skylie Tuff " file share

u4iX

Clearly you didn't post on Optimatch. Also, the same guy led the team Halo 2 and Reach matchmaking (Jeremiah).

I really enjoyed, or at least understood, Reach's playlists until the TU split and the Anniversary disappearance.

Also, if people have been complaining about things for that long, why does everyone who slurps Halo 4 in here act like it's a brand new thing that people have complaints or criticisms about the game?

How has that changed from Halo's story in 1-3? Its origin was never given in the original trilogy, only that the Flood was extragalactic in origin. The Flood is still extra-galactic in origin in 343's expansion of the universe. Also, the summary you provided is but one small part of the Flood's overall story.

Are we sure that Bungie defined them as extra galactic? I can't remember where that was stated any more.

Edit: Never mind, Halo 2. Got it.

Ghazi

It had the opposite effect on me, (in free-for-all at least) there were instant respawns, no DBNO's, everyone spawned with one frag.

I don't know anyone else getting it so free for all would be what I'd play the most. So it's turned into a buy when it's on sale thing for me.

Yes I'm sure there were complaints. The numbers were there though for H2 and H3, they fell during Reach and H4.

So. Its been tested. Over years, you need the ranked playlists (Not Arena) You need several ranked playlists cause some people don't want to get ranked in 1 playlist thats "Bungies TEAM ArenA!" Because those are some piece of shit settings to that person.

They want to get ranked in the things they want to get ranked in.

This casual pandering is ridiculous. Halo has no teeth at the moment. Its a big baby stuffing ice cream Xp down its throat, and its going to choke.

ElRenoRaven

I don't feel like that is the place to get salty, I would say it’s even inappropriate. It's about the boy and Bungie for being so awesome.

Bit late to this. Was playing some Blops 2 on WII U but I just had to say I agree 100 percent. It was not the place to spew salt at 343. It was totally inappropriate. That said am I seeing things? Is Heckfu back among the living? Welcome back and Happy Birthday Heckfu.

Pop

Yes I'm sure there were complaints. The numbers were there though for H2 and H3, they fell during Reach and H4.

So. Its been tested. Over years, you need the ranked playlists (Not Arena) You need several ranked playlists cause some people don't want to get ranked in 1 playlist thats "Bungies TEAM ArenA!" Because those are some piece of shit settings to that person.

They want to get ranked in the things they want to get ranked in.

This casual pandering is ridiculous. Halo has no teeth at the moment. Its a big baby stuffing ice cream Xp down its throat, and its going to choke.

niceeeee

Casuals suck and they know it.

Karl2177

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst180572_Community-Forge-Test-Playlist-Information.aspx

Map: Shutout
Description: Some believe this remote facility was once used to study the Flood. But few clues remain amidst the snow and ice.
Author: Big Papa SaLoT

Map: Despair
Description: A derelict facility...
Author: SecretShnitzel

Map: Garrotte
Description: Better play it straight.
Author: MythicFritz

Map: Relay
Description: As is, in-game.
Author: FyreWulff

Map: Scythe
Description: A community made forge map by PA1NTS.
Author: PA1NTS

Map: Simplex
Description: A community made, arena style map by Big Papa SaLoT.

And how they’re being used in the new hopper:

Garrotte - Infinity Slayer
Shutout - Infinity Slayer
Despair - Infinity Slayer
Scythe - Infinity Slayer
Simplex - Infinity Slayer
Relay - Infinity Slayer
Garrotte - CTF
Shutout - SWAT
Despair - KOTH
Scythe - SWAT
Simplex - CTF

Rev3rb

Bit late to this. Was playing some Blops 2 on WII U but I just had to say I agree 100 percent. It was not the place to spew salt at 343. It was totally inappropriate. That said am I seeing things? Is Heckfu back among the living? Welcome back and Happy Birthday Heckfu.

What is the population like online?

Karl2177

Repost for new page:

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst180572_Community-Forge-Test-Playlist-Information.aspx

Description: Some believe this remote facility was once used to study the Flood. But few clues remain amidst the snow and ice.

Scythe - Infinity Slayer
Relay - Infinity Slayer
Garrotte - CTF
Shutout - SWAT
Despair - KOTH
Scythe - SWAT
Simplex - CTF

789shadow

Banned
Already been tested dude.

Halo 2 - had ranked/unranked/objectives/slayers spread out. Result = Good.
Halo 3 - had ranked/unranked/objectives/slayers spread out. Result = Good.
Halo Reach - had arena and the rest were social. Result = Stunk.
Halo 4 - All Social, no ranked playlists. Result = Hot Garbage.

Get off me.

I'm afraid I cannot let this blatant mockery of the scientific method pass.

:p

Hey guys, new member here. I wanted to wait a while before introducing myself since there was a recent wave of juniors posting for the first time.

Some quick tidbits, I’ve lurked since late 2011/early 2012, loved all the halo games up until Reach, I play halo 4 and find it to be ok, but not addicting like the other titles were, not including Reach. I pretty much agree with those arguing all the ways Halo 4 (and Halo in general) needs improving, but that’s been discussed a million times now, so I’ll keep moving along here.

Other stuff, I’m an electronic dance music producer, DJ, audio engineer, and record label owner, and I promise I won’t be a problem here. And yes, I know, I picked a hell of a time to join up.

Rev3rb

Repost for new page:

Scythe - Infinity Slayer
Relay - Infinity Slayer
Garrotte - CTF
Shutout - SWAT
Despair - KOTH
Scythe - SWAT
Simplex - CTF

Any pictures anywhere?

Hey guys, new member here. I wanted to wait a while before introducing myself since there was a recent wave of juniors posting for the first time.

Some quick tidbits, I’ve lurked since late 2011/early 2012, loved all the halo games up until Reach, I play halo 4 and find it to be ok, but not addicting like the other titles were, not including Reach. I pretty much agree with those arguing all the ways Halo 4 (and Halo in general) needs improving, but that’s been discussed a million times now, so I’ll keep moving along here.

Other stuff, I’m an electronic dance music producer, DJ, audio engineer, and record label owner, and I promise I won’t be a problem here. And yes, I know, I picked a hell of a time to join up.

I like you already - I want to hear more about the music you do!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I just splattered the same guy twice for a double kill in Halo 4. Instant respawn has its upsides.

JB1981

Care to post the links ?

Top Bottom