• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

Striker

The presence of optional objective gametypes, even if low weighted, will drop the population of a playlist.

edit: A stat given to us by Bungie before they handed off Reach was the average player would leave a playlist and never come back after getting objective voted in twice when they voted for something else.
Reach's BTB was doing fine for itself when they finally got rid of several Slayer variants in them, and launched with more objectives in by adding Territories and Assault. So we had those along with CTF show up far more and with the newer forge maps. I don't remember it suddenly begin to die off. Halo 2's main ranked BTB was more CTF/Assault oriented and was always populated; of course two and a half years after the game was out they split up for a more social experience in prep for Halo 3.

Does backing out of the game before it starts count as quitting? I want to play Ragnarok and I've only gotten it a couple of times in the last week or so.

Man, SpOps Ep. 6 looks sooooo much fucking fun than Halo 4 Campaign. Wth with these feels...?

Edit: By David Ellis, from 343i:

"Don't forget, Spartan Ops season 1.5 kicks off early Monday morning Pacific time. There will be a download for this half of the season."

https://twitter.com/DavidEllis/status/293053041576390656

I wonder how big the DL will be.. None the less, I am actually looking forward to this after the recent walkthrough!

TCKaos

Oh my god Gunner is amazing. I just grab a turret and then I rip open their hearts and shit in their souls. You can fucking strafe at full speed with it. Dominion will never be the same.

DeadNames

Banned
Oh my god Gunner is amazing. I just grab a turret and then I rip open their hearts and shit in their souls. You can fucking strafe at full speed with it. Dominion will never be the same.

Haha sweet baby jesus sounds insane. What spec do I get it from?

TCKaos

Haha sweet baby jesus sounds insane. What spec do I get it from?

Pathfinder. You run at full speed with mounted turrets and they can fire a great deal more without overheating. It gives you amazing anti-infantry ability and decent anti-vehicle capability. I was scaring off Wraiths with it and just dominating infantry. The only catch is that it has relatively low ammo, but the turrets on most maps spawn fast enough that if you stay in the general area of your base you'll be fine. I'm thinking of paring it up Shielding just so it's easier to get in and out of battles.

Also:

Tashi said:
Cyren said:
Tashi you holla'd Complex is phat, then agreed again todizzle. I be goin ta have ta ask you fo' yo' Communitizzle Cartographers Safety Pin back.

Nah I just didn't chizzle tha original gangsta line. Right back up in yo muthafuckin ass. Sorry itz confusing. I just reordered tha maps I had up in dat original gangsta post instead of changin tha whole thang. I mean, Adrift is there n' everyone knows I dislike Adrift.

Holy fuck my sides

Tashi/Cyren,

Do any of these maps have static weapon spawns?

Edit: What do I have to do to get my remake of "The Cage" in all of the playlists, the framerate is only barely under 20fps.

OT (maybe old, who knows), but I just got this from the Pokemon thread:

http://www.gizoogle.net

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo, yo
Holy shit.

The Halo 2 description is gold:

Da destruction of Halo slowed Covenant yo, but it did not quit them. Fueled by faith, fury n' vengeizzle they have swept aside all of our defenses n' gained a gangbangin' foothold on da most thugged-out precious prize of all – Earth. With tha human military scattered n' crushed tha fate of tha hood lies up in tha handz of one man, Spartan-117 – tha Masta Chief. But resourceful n' tenacious as he is, tha Masta Chief will have ta rely on freshly smoked up weapons, unexpected aliens n' a secret so incredible it will chizzle tha Galaxy forever.

ElRenoRaven

Muthafuckas still play Halo?

I play the campaign. Other then that not much anymore. The last couple days I got back into Blops 2 on the WII U though. I figured out why I like it's gameplay though. Because COD is the same damn game today it was way back with COD 2. Well with the exception of the online experience having improved a ton from how basic it was in COD 2. It plays the same it always has. It doesn't try to be anything else but COD. I like that.

Course that said I'd take Halo 1 - 3's multiplayer any day of the week if I had to choose.

Moa

I wonder how big the DL will be.. None the less, I am actually looking forward to this after the recent walkthrough!

Qm6Oti4.png

RoKKeR

Hello HaloGAF! I have been lurking for quite a few months and finally got my account activated today. It's been a long time coming but I'm excited to become a part of the NeoGAF community. I was trying to decide where to post first, and thought of here first.

So, in the spirit of Halo OT's...tomorrow will be the first time I will have played Halo 4 in about a month! I simply haven't been bothered to play knowing what to expect when I load it up. <3 Halo.

That is all.

Halo 4 spoiler question:
Does Halsey know about Cortana's death despite being in captivity/aboard the Infinity? I wonder how she'd react to that.

--

^^ Hello RoKKeR. Monday is an exciting day.

--

We don't know, maybe Spartan Ops will shed some light on it soon.

I hope so. I have a sneaking suspicion that the story of Spartan Ops will end up being more important than I had first envisioned - especially considering the first few episodes.

Moa

Halo 4 spoiler question:
Does Halsey know about Cortana's death despite being in captivity/aboard the Infinity? I wonder how she'd react to that.

--

^^ Hello RoKKeR. Monday is an exciting day.

We don't know, maybe Spartan Ops will shed some light on it soon.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Hello HaloGAF! I have been lurking for quite a few months and finally got my account activated today. It's been a long time coming but I'm excited to become a part of the NeoGAF community. I was trying to decide where to post first, and thought of here first.

So, in the spirit of Halo OT's...tomorrow will be the first time I will have played Halo 4 in about a month! I simply haven't been bothered to play knowing what to expect when I load it up. <3 Halo.

That is all.

Some Jr has that avatar already.

Welcome

Fracas

#fuckonami
I've been going through on Legendary. 343's conveying to the player that Cortana is going rampant is really hamfisted, especially early on. It's melodramatic at times.

Top Bottom