• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

heckfu

Banned
Hopefully these new playlists will make it a bit easier to get some of the weapon mastery commendations! Anyone playing soon?

Also, any regular Halogaffers need a PAX East ticket on the cheap? The guy that was going to get it can't go anymore.

DeadNames

Banned
Hopefully these new playlists will make it a bit easier to get some of the weapon mastery commendations! Anyone playing soon?

Also, any regular Halogaffers need a PAX East ticket on the cheap? The guy that was going to get it can't go anymore.

What day? My friend needs one.

Tawpgun

1: If the maps play good, that is all that matters. Seeing some of you guys complaining about them because they are big team maps, shows the lack of incredibility to judge a game (and maturity you hold).
Because a lot of us, myself included hate the way BTB plays in Halo 4. The maps could be excellent but they will play like shit because BTB is shit. So I don't think people are saying the maps themselves are bad, but the fact that we got more BTB maps is bad.

DeadNames

Banned
Because a lot of us, myself included hate the way BTB plays in Halo 4. The maps could be excellent but they will play like shit because BTB is shit. So I don't think people are saying the maps themselves are bad, but the fact that we got more BTB maps is bad.

Thank you. Longbow is a wonderful map. BTB just sucks in halo 4 with ordnance and active camo. Its like a world war 1 video game with super soldiers and the occasional vehicle hero.

Nowise10

That is true i guess. Halo 4 BTB is so bad. We need just Classic BTB for these maps to shine the fullest.

Striker

Thank you. Longbow is a wonderful map. BTB just sucks in halo 4 with ordnance and active camo. Its like a world war 1 video game with super soldiers and the occasional vehicle hero.
Longbow is the best designed map if you're talking for BTB. The other BTB maps being Shatter, Meltdown and Vortex. But then you get into personal loadouts, ordnance, gametype limitations, and so forth.

Exile and Ragnarok are both better suited for 5v5.

Nowise10

wow Rockets is fucking awful. how did this get into matchmaking?

gNQxKld.png

lol.

Gordon

So I tried Action Sack, and I'm kinda surprised. Only seen Binary Slayer and Fiesta so far, but they're better than I was anticipating. Ragnarok might not be the best map for Binary Slayer, but other than that it was pretty fun.

So does that ordnance re-roll perk work for fiesta? Seems like it would be pretty handy. Also Speed Boost+Jetpack+Dexterity+AA Efficiency+Infinite Ammo=Endless rain of death.
Not sure what precision weapon to use though, in my new Fiesta specific loadout. What takes better advantage of Damage Boost; LR or DMR? And has anyone bothered trying Carbine+Damage Boost?

Okay also, is it just me or was the assumption someone made a few days ago of Daybreak taking place on Reach, where the epilogue shows Noble 6's helmet true.

Or it looks like the level Noble Actual from Halo:Reach. Just not as green.

I'm glad people are finally starting to accept it. Reach is back, people!

I'm so happy file sharing's finally up. 4's got some of the most amazingly dumb animations in the series, I love it.

p0tqrMz.png

Bonus glamour shot:

ybHxJUI.png

Bungie Upgrades Halo 3's Matchmaking Service

Best way to play games online is only getting better.

By Luke Smith, 11/22/2006

It was almost an entire year before the game was released. Things change. Shit happens.

Which is fine, but it's been how many years/game releases since then and still no evolution to MM?

Online multiplayer needs a change. Apparently BF3 does some kind of hybrid model that works well.

And has anyone bothered trying Carbine+Damage Boost?

It's a beast, just like the AR/Magnum.

Isocr4cy

Just played a game of Extraction, it was 4-4 with 30 seconds left in the game. Enemy team converts last point but the game ends with 30 seconds before they score the point. Then it says we lost due to time running out and gives them a 5-4 victory. What the fuck?

You are mad, because you are bad.

That is the point.

"I went into a game of zombies, and it was just people with shotguns!"

k.
you literally know nothing about how I play. it's a bad gametype, that's it, and by trying to bring up my performance in a bad gametype you show that not only do you know nothing about me, you know nothing about arguments in general.

1: If the maps play good well, that is all that matters. Seeing some of you guys complaining about them because they are big team maps, shows the lack of incredibilitywtf to judge a game (and maturity you hold).

Halo 4 BTB is so bad.

And, in large part because of this, the maps don't play well. Man, you hold so little maturity and are lacking "incredibility" (whatever the fuck that is).

You think people's disdain for oodles of BTB maps isn't related to the only gametype found in the single playlist made for those maps? People have a bad taste in their mouth because of what they've been force fed. Fuck them, right?

you literally know nothing about how I play. it's a bad gametype, that's it, and by trying to bring up my performance in a bad gametype you show that not only do you know nothing about me, you know nothing about arguments in general.

Doesn't make it fun so I don't see what your point is.

because peoples score in a game is directly related to how much they like the gametype and map right??? i think that's what this post says

Pretty sure he's just a dick most days.

Reposting this because I'm an idiot and thought people would read it at like three in the morning.

I'm trying to think of some way to roughly streamline everything into a concise playlist count without completely killing off/overspecifying things. Like, in an ideal game where all our gametypes came back and got refined and all that. Maybe something along the lines of:

ARENA
Ranked playlists. Note that Regicide is Team Regicide, and One King is Regicide meets Juggernaut (kill the King to become the King - works cyclically rather than promoting the person with the highest points).

6-Way FFA. Rumble Pit (Slayer / King of the Hill / Oddball / One King)
2v2. Team Doubles (Slayer / One Flag / One Bomb / Regicide)
4v4. Team Throwdown (Slayer / Slayer Classic / Regicide / Team Snipers)
4v4. Team Objective (CTF / One Flag / Assault / One Bomb)
4v4. Team Control (Territories / Three Plots / King of the Hill / Oddball)
4v4. Team SWAT (SWAT lol)

If people absolutely have to get their all-slayer-all-the-time fix, then Throwdown could be split into Team Slayer and Team Throwdown, with Throwdown being Slayer Classic / Imperialist / Team Snipers / CTF or something.

SOCIAL BIG TEAM
All the large-scale combat, none ranked. Either 8v8 or 16v16 if next-gen is generous, which would allow for some Battlefield 3-style matches, but in space.

Slayer
Dominion
Invasion (has some modifications to allow for what amounts to CTF/Assault 2.0, which would always be possible voting options)
Extraction
Safe Havens (Basically large-scale, class-based Infection meets Dominion meets Firefight)

ACTION SACK
A double EXP rotational playlist. It's entirely possible to allow 4+ gametypes per playlist. Some options include:
Race
Rocket Race
Flood
Grifball
Multi Team
Fiesta
Swords
Infinity Slayer (lol)
DLC Playlist

Sai-kun

Banned
You are mad, because you are bad.

That is the point.

"I went into a game of zombies, and it was just people with shotguns!"

k.

because peoples score in a game is directly related to how much they like the gametype and map right??? i think that's what this post says

People have a bad taste in their mouth because of what they've been force fed. Fuck them, right?

One thing I always wondered around here is why people give Conor so much crap for wanting a CGB? I know I would've had way more fun with a CGB than I've had with MM over the past few years.. especially in the long run.

Let's be honest, MM is shit and is in dire need of a change.

That is true i guess. Halo 4 BTB is so bad. We need just Classic BTB for these maps to shine the fullest.

Absolutely agree. Longbow and Exile are good maps in and of themselves, but not with the vehicle placement and Infinity settings layered over the top.

Infinity+BTB is awful. By the time you're two minutes into a game, half the people on the map have either a sniper or rocket launcher variant, and you've got way too many vehicles running around on top of it all. It's heavies+fiesta all the time, and not only is that the default BTB experience, which is bad enough by itself, but it's the only BTB experience in H4, which is just....puzzling.

One thing I always wondered around here is why people give Conor so much crap for wanting a CGB? I know I would've had way more fun with a CGB than I've had with MM over the past few years.. especially in the long run.

Let's be honest, MM is shit and is in dire need of a change.

Because that is like 90%+ of his posts and the rest are shitty troll attempts or just plain dumbassery.

It's not to do with the CGB idea, but more him as a poster.

DeadNames

Banned
What track was in the trailer?

Edit: Two more things. Who wants to help test my forge map and I'm gonna try to cut some maps (Harvest, Exile) in pieces to suit 4v4. Might not work so well :p

Gordon

It's a beast, just like the AR/Magnum.
I love how that's not sarcasm now. If I hadn't tried AR/Magnum a few weeks ago I would just assume you were trolling. This game is weird. JP/AR/Magnum > PV/DMR/BS wtf? lol
So you think Carbine > LR/DMR, or just comparably beastly?

What track was in the trailer?

Edit: Two more things. Who wants to help test my forge map and I'm gonna try to cut some maps (Harvest, Exile) in pieces to suit 4v4. Might not work so well :p

They've been keeping the music spiced up by taking a Halo 2 approach - that is, they have their major tracks separated into a bunch of layers (Revival uses Drums / Perc / Choir / Orch / Orchpad / Full Mix for example) but they've been doing all sorts of variations for promotional material like vidocs and trailers. I'm guessing it's a mostly brass/orchpad version of... Ascendancy? I didn't pay complete attention to it.

I love how that's not sarcasm now. If I hadn't tried AR/Magnum a few weeks ago I would just assume you were trolling. This game is weird. JP/AR/Magnum > PV/DMR/BS wtf? lol
So you think Carbine > LR/DMR, or just comparably beastly?

Yeah same lol, but as far as the Carbine Damage Boost makes it much more usable instead of just > LR/DMR. They should just give the Carbine auto DB :b

AR/Magnum is a good loadout in general IMO.

Redford

aka Cabbie
I say this lightheartedly but looks like now that Throwdown and the token small-map pack are out of the way its time to get back on track.

(the maps look pretty nice though)

FyreWulff

I can stream, won't get any viewers though. I'd like to test streaming though, see the quality and if I can stream without lag. I've been messing with the settings for a bit, trying to make them good enough.

What I'd like to test is having another one of you guys on my team and streaming. I then put your stream as a picture-in-picture on mine so people can see my view and your view at the same time. Like a team overview cam

twitch won't let me add streams directly so I have to pull up someone else's stream then screencap that corner of my monitor

Top Bottom