• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walshy is definitely an intelligent Halo player. These are some good matches.

Alz just showed me a couple really nice dominion maps the other day. There's one on impact that is unbelievable. I'll never remember the name or author... Let me see of I can find it.

Yeah there's a lot of potential with Dominion. 343 should start adding some Forge maps to that playlist too.

Fuchsdh

The new bungie.net is still clean and useful, but it has a more modern approach in term of web design. That's a matter of taste.

Waiting to see how we will interact with Destiny using bungie.net to tell if their UI/UX has lost their approach.

For the stats from Halo 4, I still don't understand why 343 Industries didn't use the Halo Waypoint application (at least for Windows Phone). This app is good for Reach, why not put Halo 4 in it ? Something like being able to customize my Spartan from the Halo Waypoint app, make some personnal challenges, looking for maps and gametypes, etc, could have be a large improvement in the Halo experience.

Frankie or David, if you're here, is it possible to contact your UX/UI team to ask them for an interview ? As a designer, it would be a pleasure for me to talk with them like I talk with Sparth when he was in Paris.

Bungie's site went "modern" in the sense that it stripped out a lot of content for giant tiles, and hid more content that you have to scroll or otherwise interact with in order to find. In terms of effectively using space, the new site took a nosedive.

I tried this, as everyone playing last night now knows. I tried to remake Conquest Assault, which is the closest thing to Invasion I could think of. It turns out that if you designate all of the points as belonging to Red team the game will enter last stand and then end before players even spawn.

Hooray.

Definitely interested in playing it once it's fixed.

Walshy is definitely an intelligent Halo player. These are some good matches.

Yeah there's a lot of potential with Dominion. 343 should start adding some Forge maps to that playlist too.

The issue I have with Dominion is it tends to calcify due to how power weapons are dropped into sheltered bases. If serious resupplies spawned *outside* of bases I think I'd like it a lot more... anything to draw people out and make bases easier to fight over.

Gui_PT

iRYd87XA8zr4e.gif

Alz just showed me a couple really nice dominion maps the other day. There's one on impact that is unbelievable. I'll never remember the name or author... Let me see of I can find it.

Possibly Scrapyard by Mexican Torta, I played an early version of the map and it was pretty good.

Obscured

A dominion + territories type gametype could be interesting. So as you capture a base and more territory you get more powerful weapons and vehicles. So just base, on reapply you get ammo, grenades, turrets. Base plus one territory you get shotgun, ghost. Base the two territories you get sniper, wraith.

Couple that with the idea I think juices said before, you have a first phase that is that base buildup and then a second part that is CTF or assault. During the second phase there is no more resupply or further fortification of bases.

Ghazi

It was poetic.

Damnnn I'm craving some Halo right now, but XBL is crap.. My eyeballs and 10 sensitivity have been one lately.

Hah, I've been playing Devil May Cry 4 all day while I've watched the stream. I didn't even notice XBL was having issues until you guys mentioned it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom