• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z0p7hAq.png

kylej

Banned
I respect this shit tho because you know people like coaches and most of the competitors won't be making a fucking thing by going to this even but they still show up and compete. Good stuff

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
From GamesRadar's Top 50 Most Important Games of All Time (thread about it here)

30. Halo 2 (2004)
The second Halo is the weakest game of the original trilogy but, bizarrely, it’s arguably the most important. While Combat Evolved was Microsoft’s Xbox system-seller, allowing the PC giant to gain a foothold in the console market, it was the follow-up that popularized online gaming on consoles, finally fulfilling the promise that earlier titles like Chu Chu Rocket had shown back in the Dreamcast era.

While Halo 2 was by no means the first game to include modes like King of the Hill and Oddball, these multiplayer variants helped to set the game apart from other, more vanilla shooters that just offered deathmatch or team deathmatch modes. Without Halo 2, Xbox Live might have never found its footing.

I'm sure a lot of people would disagree with this.

Ghazi

Yo Cyclone, I joined but I'm going to be trying to watch AGL so I won't be using a mic or have my full attention on the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom