• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been reduced to crouching with a PP until someone stops shooting me and showing my HLS so hopefully we can trade achievements.

Seriously, what the hell were you thinking with this 343? lol

Fuchsdh

Man, just started playing Skyrim and I'm a bit overwhelmed by the size of the place (partially because the maps suck.) The forests make me wish for a Guardian style environment in Halo--we've never really had a true forest that you could navigate .

Man, just started playing Skyrim and I'm a bit overwhelmed by the size of the place (partially because the maps suck.) The forests make me wish for a Guardian style environment in Halo--we've never really had a true forest that you could navigate .

Skyrim can be overwhelming. If you stick with the main quest until you have to climb to the greybeards keep and once you have do that mission I recommend you explore.

That is awesome, still from Reach though.... It seems like there is alot of stuff from Reach being ported to Halo CE recently. Was there some kind of modding breakthrough? Can the same be done with Halo 2 and 3?

Its already been done with both those games and its happening with Halo 4 currently. No real breakthrough the tools have long been available but shared it closed circles and a finally making it into mainstream.

Ghazi

I think I'm done Cyclone, my bullshit meter just went off.

edit: Actually, no. I'll keep playing. I'm feeling salty.

Ghazi

These POV switches are nuts. GG Brad. This is your calling. RIP Jeenyus.

image.php

Backwash n Abandon are both forest maps.

m23

I stopped watching it after the first season when Andy Whitfield died (RIP). I felt like it just wouldn't be the same, but maybe I should give the rest of the show a chance.

You really should. The season after the first is actually a prequel and then continues onto season 2. The new actor I think does a great job though. Final season was just so epic.

TCKaos has just the solution for you.

Infinity was pretty fun for a jungle mission even if it was mostly linear.

It'd be interesting to fight a group of Insurrectionists in the jungle with like Flamethrowers and shit.

TCKaos has just the solution for you.

Infinity was pretty fun for a jungle mission even if it was mostly linear.

It'd be interesting to fight a group of Insurrectionists in the jungle with like Flamethrowers and shit.

I dun like that last idea this isn't call of duty however if they could have made cover that could be burned by the spike grenades like a Molotov by the brutes in Sierra that would have made some awesome opening moments in 3.

Right, So by now I figure you all know about CMT. The halo modding group that is basically the driving force in halo modding and has been in for the past 10 years.

Iv talked about it before but they are working on their 3rd Campaign make over "SPV3"

Master1337 who is as close as you can get get to a leader of the group has started a Weekly/Bi-Weekly Vidoc that plans to look over elements from this "new" campaign.

This first episode covers the changes made to the Pistol. While I don't agree entirely with the direction some of the stuff they are making is heading its none the less very impressive stuff.

CMT SPV3 Vidoc #1 The Pistol - Youtube

Second one is up

CMT SPV3 Vidoc #2 The Battle Rifle

I dun like that last idea this isn't call of duty however if they could have made cover that could be burned by the spike grenades like a Molotov by the brutes in Sierra that would have made some awesome opening moments in 3.

It doesn't haaaaave to be Call of Duty. Make it more like Splinter Cell where you can stealth your way through stuff, minimize vehicle combat. Make the Insurrectionists have a distinct visual aesthetic just like any other Halo faction.

312x0zr.jpg.png

And to spice things up, add in things like Promethean treasure troves of weapons, include a buttload of Insurrectionists bases that use Halo Wars-styled tech (instead of generic 343-styled human fortifications) that lead into more traditional Forerunner relic sites, stuff like that.

blamite

What do you guys think about the new maps?

Perdition is pretty nice but Daybreak is pretty typical mediocre Certain Affinity stuff. Outcast is by far the wort of the three. It seems designed for Dominion but there's no Dominion in the only playlist that you will ever get to play the map in so I don't know what they were thinking there.

I FINALLY get into a game where I give people HLS kills and they offer to me... BUT a bunch a tryhards ruin everything and I end up wasting yet another game!!!

askdjhflkashdfuckingbullshitohasduoihsoulerjklefj

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom