• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
That gaming ad thread got me really hoping MS shifts their ads back to Halo 3 style for 5. Believe and Starry Night were some of the best Halo ads ever.

Not to mention the Halo 3 debut trailer still gives me goosebumps to this day. "I am your shield, I am your sword." *queue Marty iconic tones*

Fuchsdh

I just wonder if Halo 5 will finally match the visuals in the Starry Night ad with the new power (outside of playing well of course).

I'd say most games do now. Look at the Halo Wars cinematics compared to Halo 4's--the gap in terms of raw polys is basically nonexistent, it's the misc. systems, particles, what you can have on screen, supersampling and AA that makes the difference now. Starry Night wasn't that much beyond.

That gaming ad thread got me really hoping MS shifts their ads back to Halo 3 style for 5. Believe and Starry Night were some of the best Halo ads ever.

Not to mention the Halo 3 debut trailer still gives me goosebumps to this day. "I am your shield, I am your sword." *queue Marty iconic tones*

Yea for some reason MS ad are crap now. Gears judgement and Halo 4 were terrible and i was surprised at that.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
True, I also just want more sections (even cutscenes) where Chief (and other Spartans) feel as bad ass as they did in the Starry Night ad and (especially) the Halo Wars cutscenes. I know gameplay needs to serve that purpose as well, but sometimes it's just awesome seeing Spartans act like they do in your head (see Halo Wars cutscene, you know the one (bridge)).

Dirtbag

Sprint is stupid and shouldn't be in Halo. Give us small maps and faster movement speed then there would be no problem.

Don't give me that bs "but spatins shud be Abel to ran fast". If Gordon Freeman can Sprint without losing the ability to shoot then so should Spartans.
The biggest problem with Sprinting instead of higher movement speed is the ability to dodge incoming fire, which gives the advantage to the more skilled player... which is the biggest change this entire generation across all games.

Remove skill everywhere possible = this gen.

Sprint is stupid and shouldn't be in Halo. Give us small maps and faster movement speed then there would be no problem.

Don't give me that bs "but spatins shud be Abel to ran fast". If Gordon Freeman can Sprint without losing the ability to shoot then so should Spartans.

Yup. If the movement is good and the maps are the right size, you'll be able to get where you need to be with no problem.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I love sprint, but I can 100% agree with the shooting thing. I'd be fine with keeping sprint but allowing better strafing and shooting while doing it.

I love sprint, but I can 100% agree with the shooting thing. I'd be fine with keeping sprint but allowing better strafing and shooting while doing it.

I love it too, but I think it ruins one of the best parts about Halo - good 4v4 combat on tiny ass maps. Good luck seeing something like Wizard, Beaver Creek, or Midship with Sprint around. It just doesn't work.

I can't even play my favorite maps anymore because Sprint and the other AAs will ruin them.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

While we're here, make Halo 5 a TPS.

Let PlatinumGames make it, it'll be a spiritual sequel to Vanquish.

forge maps are honestly look so bad. either create a map creator or have good 4v4 maps in the next halo pls

I agree that they should have a full fledged editor, but Halo 4 Forge [Island] is actually pretty good.

Maybe you haven't seen the good ones yet. *wink wink*

Is the Boltshot supposed to disintegrate people?

No. Only the BiRi, the InCinny, and the ScatShot do

/terrible nicknames

The Boltshot has me confused. On the one hand, they made it so it takes 1 more shot to kill than it can hold in a magazine, which makes single fire useless on its own. On the other hand, they made it overpower most other CQB weapons by giving it a quick charge time, far range, 1sk, and a spawning slot. And when people found that to be a problem, they nerfed the range instead of the kill time.

There really is no reason to use anything else in a secondary unless you need to EMP some vehicles.

But these would be on there.

p9HCxlE.jpg

Bubble Shield wasn't any better than some of the AAs other than not being able to spawn with it. Swap Bubble Shield for Reach's Drop Shield and it'd have been better.

I like AAs as long as they stay out of competitive multiplayer.

Oh, they're cool in single player. My favorite parts of Reach single player were doing jetpack hops across ridiculously long gaps.

Yea I don't mind them in Campaign. I actually love Sprinting around Long Night of Solace and Pillar of Autumn, and it would have been awesome if I could Sprint around the city in ODST. Keep that stuff for the Campaign because it's cool and the AI doesn't rage when they get Armor Locked. Competitive MP is better without it.

Arnie

Team ranks are great, individual stress selfish rush play (ie getting a kill from the grave counts more than a kill while staying alive).

They do seem to have brought gamers back and I have seen more mic users in game than any time in Reach or 4.

Essentially I like them, but the individual scoring in team games should be tweaked.

Thanks, I'll try to get on and give them a shot later.

Aim for a 50 in Team Throwdown or whatever it's called.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom