• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HTupolev

I'd say most games do now. Look at the Halo Wars cinematics compared to Halo 4's--the gap in terms of raw polys is basically nonexistent, it's the misc. systems, particles, what you can have on screen, supersampling and AA that makes the difference now. Starry Night wasn't that much beyond.
There was apparantly a Chief model used in Halo 4's promotional material that had 700,000 polygons, which comes to 20-30x as many as his in-game model. If objects rendered in Halo 4's cutscenes are all that impressive, it's mostly because they seem to have devoted significantly more horsepower to skin shading and possibly also animation than they do in gameplay. Even Cortana's model doesn't seem to have all that many polys; you can easily see the gigantic polygon edges if you look at her outline or at her hair. Halo 4's character models are in the same ballpark of detail as Reach's, and Lasky's clothing tries very hard to convince me that it sometimes dips close to Halo 3 territory, both in terms of polycounts and texture quality.

Even ignoring the ridiculous extent to which Halo Wars CGI absolutely crushes Halo 4's image quality and lighting (and particles and reflections and blah blah blah everything everything), Halo 4 has vastly inferior asset quality.

kylej

Banned
lmao ^^^

p.jpg

How old are they? I seriously can't tell...

To properly chronologically classify a rat kings age one must ask himself how first. The mean of the rats, the median, the min, or the max? Date of conception? or date of entwinement?

You must ask yourself how many rats that is on his lip and his scalp. Average those ages and one may come up with a guestimate, however the fact the two suddoths unentwined at one points leaves even more questions.

Gordon

nah needs one of these

cheese.jpg
Come on - he needs some beardage.

You guys are messed up making fun of how they look.
I think that connotation is largely implied, and not necessarily entirely intended, or at the very least that it's not intended maliciously.

lol yeah that vaseline smudge. Deep Blue couldn't calculate enough blur and airbrushing to make that face look good
Psh - give him a few years and he'll get out of that awkward stage. As for the vaseline - I'm lazy and using PS6. Not PS CS6, actual 13-year-old PS6. It's the only thing I can get running on windows 8 :(

Why are we making fun of people for their looks? Jesus Christ is this High School? We're in HaloGAF, we make fun of people for their lack of skill in Halo, not appearance. :/

Seriously guys this isn't cool.
They can always do a stat-pull to make themselves feel better lol

kylej

Banned
lol yeah that vaseline smudge. Deep Blue couldn't calculate enough blur and airbrushing to make that face look good

Why are we making fun of people for their looks? Jesus Christ is this High School? We're in HaloGAF, we make fun of people for their lack of skill in Halo, not appearance. :/

I agree that making fun of a person for their looks is not cool, and a couple of posters probably crossed that line.

However, making fun of pictures of people is no big deal.

These are shopping mall portraits of the Sudds. That's pretty funny, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom