• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fotos

4XqEBgP.png

I like CSR.

Madness

AGL Nashville was really good. Looking forward to the next one when it's all Throwdown settings.

Here's hoping it's advertised a bit better than HaloGAF word of mouth and a small popup during Halo 4.

This is the premiere IP Microsoft has, and was formerly the king of shooters and it's almost ran status at this point.

When I couldn't catch the stream, I had to come here to get some info or from twitter, and it's full of people talking about the partying as opposed to the actual masses.

On a related note, who knew Ninja could pull ass like that.

Voltron64

So how many of HaloGAF wears a man purse? A satchel? Is it that common in Europe?
I carry a messenger bag to work. People can call it a man purse or whatever, i don't care. Don't want to walk around carrying an ipad and stuff in my hands.
Thinking about getting a purse of your own Tashi??

heckfu

Banned
Here's hoping it's advertised a bit better than HaloGAF word of mouth and a small popup during Halo 4.

Lol, how else do you need to hear about it other than Halo pros tweeting it, 343 tweeting it, AGL tweeting it, and a fucking pop up IN GAME?

Someone at 343 needs to make a phone tree obviously!

edit: actually, nevermind. you're just looking to get some hate out there for what was a well-publicized and well-run event.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I carry a messenger bag to work. People can call it a man purse or whatever, i don't care. Don't want to walk around carrying an ipad and stuff in my hands.
Thinking about getting a purse of your own Tashi??

Nah I have a messenger bag too

Madness

Lol, how else do you need to hear about it other than Halo pros tweeting it, 343 tweeting it, AGL tweeting it, and a fucking pop up IN GAME?

Someone at 343 needs to make a phone tree obviously!

edit: actually, nevermind. you're just looking to get some hate out there for what was a well-publicized and well-run event.

Not everyone has ulterior motives all the time you know. I'm just saying, sure the call of duty championship was much larger with a larger prize, but it was advertised on every major gaming site from YouTube to the main home screen of Xbox 360 itself.

Did you even read what I wrote? I said it'd be better if it was advertised better. Word of mouth from Halo fans or retweets from twitter accounts of 343 devs isn't advertising. I liked the popup during the game, but how many press A to get by without paying much attention? Once you've seen it, it doesn't popup again.

I'm not trying to get any 'hate' out there nor am I trying to bring Halo 4 down. I want more than just Halo fans to know about a tournament that just went down.

CyReN

Not everyone has ulterior motives all the time you know. I'm just saying, sure the call of duty championship was much larger with a larger prize, but it was advertised on every major gaming site from YouTube to the main home screen of Xbox 360 itself.

Did you even read what I wrote? I said it'd be better if it was advertised better. Word of mouth from Halo fans or retweets from twitter accounts of 343 devs isn't advertising. I liked the popup during the game, but how many press A to get by without paying much attention? Once you've seen it, it doesn't popup again.

I'm not trying to get any 'hate' out there nor am I trying to bring Halo 4 down. I want more than just Halo fans to know about atsmall tour that just went down.

AGL advertising was fine, CoD Championship & AGL Nashville are 2 totally different beast.

Madness

AGL advertising was fine, CoD Championship & AGL Nashville are 2 totally different beast.

Yes you're right. I'm probably just wishing it was held like the Halo 2/3 tournaments.

Another issue is, I don't even use twitter and so I didn't even see any info the tournament had started aside from here.

But hey, if others are happy who am I to complain.

This is the premiere IP Microsoft has, and was formerly the king of shooters and it's almost ran status at this point.

When I couldn't catch the stream, I had to come here to get some info or from twitter, and it's full of people talking about the partying as opposed to the actual masses.

Personally I think you're seriously off base here mate! Just look below at how much support 343i have given AGL and the competitive scene...I guess you can't make all of HaloGAF happy ;)

1. In game pop up graphic & details.

2. Waypoint > Front page banner news:
QKxBKvV.jpg

3. Waypoint > News > Headlines

4. 343i staff Twitters: Official Halo Waypoint, bs Angel, Bravo, D. Ellis, DelHoyo.

5. Waypoint > Halo 4 forum > sticky thread

6. Waypoint > Halo 4 > member started thread

Seriously what more do you want? A ticker tape parade, fresh cut sandwiches or maybe a superbowl advert for AGL :)

CyReN

Yes you're right. I'm probably just wishing it was held like the Halo 2/3 tournaments.

Another issue is, I don't even use twitter and so I didn't even see any info the tournament had started aside from here.

But hey, if others are happy who am I to complain.

If it helps the event was also advertised on Facebook, HaloWaypoint, r/Halo, TheHaloCouncil, TheHaloForum, and various other mediums for Halo news.

YOU FORGOT THE BEST ONE!

BHuYN9wCYAAO1Hv.jpg:large

DAMMIT 343, WHY U BLOW IT ALL UP IN MY FACE. THANKS MS FOR THE ADS, SMH.

Yep, that's top of the list now, I couldn't find an image for it quickly. As Cyren pointed out there is also all the Halo communities/sites/twitter/facebook getting behind AGL as well.

-EDIT-
I also kept the finals up to date game by game in that sticky thread. Too bad the official AGL site doesn't have a live score system or even an "at the event poster" to keep things up to date. I suppose that's what the streams are for but when you look at a pro-real-life-sport like tennis or baseball etc you can get live score from radio, websites, feeds, live-blogging etc. Perhaps those are some more avenues to increase visitors/viewers/listeners etc.

Pulse did it again huh. Really good tourney, but I have the feeling we need more teams and new formation of teams, so some team can surprise us all and take the crown.
Or some old guys have to make a comeback, I'm even sad Lunchbox did stop playing, is Kampy still playing?

Wasn't there 64 teams at the event?

IHaveIce

Banned
Pulse did it again huh. Really good tourney, but I have the feeling we need more teams and new formation of teams, so some team can surprise us all and take the crown.

Or some old guys have to make a comeback, I'm even sad Lunchbox did stop playing, is Kampy still playing?

Also big respect to the suddoths, who definitely showed they can be dangerous, but against the top teams they still need different tactics

Lol get shit on Madness ;)

Welcome back Ozzy

Fun tourney. Now can some of the pros that showed up for this start streaming, too? Seems like these days Ninja's one of only a handful that do it. He always get's tons of viewers as well.

IHaveIce

Banned

Welcome back Ozzy

Fun tourney. Now can some of the pros that showed up for this start streaming, too? Seems like these days Ninja's one of only a handful that do it. He always get's tons of viewers as well.

Snipedown and Formal are streaming pretty often, Legit also sometimes.

Gandhi is almost streaming every night with Maven and co.

IMO Ola should stream more, are the sudds still streaming? Or did they stop because of the chat trolling lol

Madness

Lol, maybe I'm just an idiot and I missed all of it. I don't know, it's like I said, if you don't use twitter, visit waypoint, would anyone outside of a good Halo community know about it?

You're right Ozzy, I don't know what more I'd want, and Cyren was right, I was wrong to think an AGL Nashville event would be advertised the way an MLG/Activision World Championship would be.

Get shit on Madness is right. Good night folks lol.

Welcome back Ozzy

I have to say, given the widespread forum posts I put into the various Halo communities about streaming, I am surprised there was a real lack of enthusiasm or response regarding streaming. Perhaps it is a sign of the game or maps or loss of king fps status or the community itself or casual mass appeal... who knows?

I agree more quality content more often would help. AGL are progressing very nicely though, personally I haven't really watched live MLG or hyper-competitive play since early Halo 3 or maybe late Halo 2. As unpopular as it may be for me the movement, gunplay (hitscan) and grenades return me to want to watch top play, online and LAN based.

I would also like to see XBL/next box really step up clans, tournies, ranks and make the whole enchilada inherent with XBL and Halo. Why not pull a blizzard and do online and LAN while also promoting other global tournies. Clearly capabilities exist within 343/MS to further Halofest, Virgin, AGL, theatre, file sharing, ranks etc. in fact they already have personalities, budget, communities, experience and just need to package everything up with a bow on it. Keep the Virgin aspect of default setting but split and providing for the hardcore as top billing.

Invest resources, content generation and sustain this way 343 and reap the benefits for viral marketing and player retention. Most importantly do it all in game, after all you don't move Waypoint to facsimile due to hackers.

I watched literally no AGL but I can tell that their was some buzz going on around the whole thing which is great for Halo. I do wish 343i could update custom game options to allow the removal of things like sprint and let us make a real classic gametype.

FyreWulff

So I did a test and yeah, hopefully nobody actually attempts to submit and underwater map for matchmaking

i06p2vGl.jpg

Also I just noticed they didn't change the reticule size at all for 4 split?

The low visibility (and that's with the canvas's Juicy and Next Gen filters removed to increase it) + add that too the low amount of "I can see my target" screen estate in each quadrant

Well ya, even in Reach the underwater maps weren't MM worthy. Maybe for some silly custom games or something (which I don't see people do anymore), but definitely not an online thing.

Omni

Just donged* on a guy from the UK in CTF and he proceeds to send me messages trying to insult me by saying things like "throw another shrimp on the barbie"

SO ORIGINAL

Is that even a word?

Omni

Throw another shrimp on the barbie scrub

:lol

Fun fact: We don't even call it "shrimp".

Just played a game of CTF on Complex and the other team had capped four flags and were just fishing for kills (twas a full party). Interestingly enough, they were the same people that I saw doing it over a month ago... Don't people ever get bored or just killing randoms all day? When I used to go in with a full party during Reach we'd grow bored with it pretty quickly. It's just not fun after a while.

Nebula

So I did a test and yeah, hopefully nobody actually attempts to submit and underwater map for matchmaking

i06p2vGl.jpg

Also I just noticed they didn't change the reticule size at all for 4 split?

I highly doubt they will allow any underwater maps into matchmaking. Just like with Reach.

Wondering how you managed to get under the water though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom