• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jediyoshi

Probably not new thread worthy, Rooster Teeth is splitting off from Machinima

http://www.statesman.com/news/technology/austin-based-rooster-teeth-striking-out-on-its-own/nXMNF/
As it turns 10 years old, the team at Austin video company Rooster Teeth Productions LLC is giving itself a birthday present: independence.

The company is ending its partnership with the web site Machinima.com and will take control of the ad business around its self-produced online videos. Those videos, which the company began producing on a shoestring in 2003, have steadily built a substantial audience. Rooster Teeth’s primary YouTube channel is the 15th most-viewed of all time. Its videos have collectively been viewed nearly 2 billion times on YouTube alone where Rooster Teeth’s main channel has 4.2 million subscribers.

Rooster Teeth, which has 45 employees in Austin, is breaking some of its hit shows out onto their own YouTube channels as it continues to grow a video empire made up of animated shows like “Red vs. Blue,” live-action programming like the “Lord of the Rings”-themed “A Simple Walk to Mordor” and a popular web series being added to the fold, “The Slow Mo Guys.”

kylej

Banned
I would watch a 24 hour marathon of top teams playing Guardian Ball, PIT CTF, and Construct KOTH. Someone make that happen thanks

No way Halo 5 gets revealed in some random week in the middle of April.

Halo 4: Arena for a 4/20 reveal.

My infamous Knight walks on-stage, with Daft Punk and Pendulum to the left and right of them. The knight takes off its helmet to reveal none other than Kevin Franklin, revealing that a F2P multiplayer suite with updated Forge and Theater as paid DLC as additional options will be released for the Xbox Live Marketplace, as well as it having some parity with the Xbox 420. Daft Punk and Pendulum score Arena.

Geoff Keighly streaks across the stage wearing nothing more than a large, leaf-shaped Dorito covering his mandanglies.

Frankie is dressed as Hamish Beamish and is holding a snoopy (cat with glasses) plushie and reveals everyone's getting one.

Man the armor in Reach is so good.

Aside from the thonge/belt armor piece everyone used, yes by far the beast armor variations in the entire series.

Dayum that's a good lookin hunk of plastic.

44794_358313580955659_1360063802_n.jpg

Full gallery.

The leds actually works?

EDIT: oh gosh, it works.

Frank did say he had a meeting about a reveal the other day..

Yeah- but he said it was a reveal that "would have been epic"

Which points to the idea that it's something that's already leaked in rumor form. Any new Halo game reveal would be pretty epic at this stage, so I'm thinking it's more along the lines of the Halo 3 Steam rumor, etc.

Which points to the idea that it's something that's already leaked in rumor form. Any new Halo game reveal would be pretty epic at this stage, so I'm thinking it's more along the lines of the Halo 3 Steam rumor, etc.

Halo: Reach 2

Gui_PT

343i... you have one job and that is to force ThreeA to make a MasterChief figure because this looks incredible. I am so pissed for not pre-ordering it. I would have had the money anyway.

Will u teach me how to be a gigolo just like u so I can have moneyz like dat?

I already got the tight speedos

Will u teach me how to be a gigolo just like u so I can have moneyz like dat?

I already got the tight speedos
I am sorry, I forgot to answer in negative. I meant I would not have had the money for it. If I had wanted it, I would have started saving money months ago.

Looks like I still got it.

ibdViLyopwzxmV.jpg

ikngbesjrQS3n.jpg

i1jQmqoAX5b2h.jpg

Granted it's put some weight on since Reach...

bd75369606e15fab0ce6ccb19c718828.png

But at least it's all one color now.

*Thanks to OdysseusVA for fixing the links.

LMAO nice fucking avatar pic

Homeboyd

Looks like I still got it.

http://i.imgur.com/Fm32Gka.jpg[img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/w97ucyV.jpg[img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/inU237T.jpg[img]

Granted it's put some weight on since Reach...

[IMG]http://gyazo.com/bd75369606e15fab0ce6ccb19c718828.png[IMG]

But at least it's all one color now.[/QUOTE]
Nice dude. Damn.

[spoiler]This better not be the reason Jackal Woods isn't finished yet...[/spoiler]

This better not be the reason Jackal Woods isn't finished yet...

One of the drafts is actually in the background, hence the weird angles. My only excuse is that building a competitive layout is tough. At least, one that isn't a generic Pit/Midship/Sanctuary/Onslaught rip off. And then there's building with Sprint in mind, which means the map needs to be bigger than it should.

I'm getting there though, slowly but surely. You know me - once I get a design down, it'll be built and ready for testing in 12 hours.

Ah, the "go to our insanely cumbersome website to check" startup screen. Gotcha.

I got all excited for a brief second.

Im pretty sure Waypoint is also bandwidth sapping - like simply having it open in the background so you can check between matches causes a laggier connection

I dont even think its possible a website can do that - but I'm convinced it does

Im pretty sure Waypoint is also bandwidth sapping - like simply having it open in the background so you can check between matches causes a laggier connection

I dont even think its possible a website can do that - but I'm convinced it does

Many websites will silently load more data behind the scenes when a page is loaded. Case in point-- when the facebook newsfeed pops up with "you have new posts". Whether it could make enough requests to have a noticeable hog on bandwidth though..

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Pretty sure those two "unannounced" game reveals are likely FIFA and NHL '14. Set expectations accordingly.

Tawpgun

Speaking of FIFA, I'll be playing a lot more of it after I go home when finals are done, can't wait to get shit on by heckfu.

Is fifahalogaf planning on buying 14? I was thinking more of a 2 year cycle as far as FIFA goes

from what I gathered Brad (owner of AGL) trash talked Gandhi and some other casters. All the casters came out and gave their time for free to improve the past commentary that was provided.

I don't want any huge drama for AGL because that's the last thing competitive Halo needs, but if Brad honestly thought his abysmal casting was better than well, anything, especially Gandhi's, then he needs a reality check. He made me feel embarrassed supporting the stream when he was on.

Pretty sure those two "unannounced" game reveals are likely FIFA and NHL '14. Set expectations accordingly.

Not anymore! Whooop!

But yeah, I'm definitely going to get the next FIFA. Will probably pick up 13 if I can find it at a local shop for cheap (online shopping is totally not a thing for me really).

CyReN

I don't want any huge drama for AGL because that's the last thing competitive Halo needs, but if Brad honestly thought his abysmal casting was better than well, anything, especially Gandhi's, then he needs a reality check. He made me feel embarrassed supporting the stream when he was on.

You have to remember that he isn't the best people person

-----
New MS games are Perfect Dark Zero-Hour & Call of Duty 2: The Return.

heckfu

Banned
Not anymore! Whooop!

But yeah, I'm definitely going to get the next FIFA. Will probably pick up 13 if I can find it at a local shop for cheap (online shopping is totally not a thing for me really).

I might get 13, too! I've never played before so we should start together since we'll be super n00b$!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom