• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
guardian ball. godly

Remember when you prophesied Guardian with sprint and riot shields? Ronpaulit'shappening...it happened

Speaking of which, what happened to that Halo 4 Guardian remake posted here a week or so ago? And will we see the fruits of Forge Island in MM in the coming month? I genuinely prefer the forge maps in this game over the base stock.

Remember when you prophesied Guardian with sprint and riot shields? Ronpaulit'shappening...it happened

Speaking of which, what happened to that Halo 4 Guardian remake posted here a week or so ago? And will we see the fruits of Forge Island in MM in the coming month? I genuinely prefer the forge maps in this game over the base stock.
Ive still got to put spawns in and weapons, kind of been distracted by CSR. Also I cant exactly remember where all the weapons spawn and ive been to lazy to put halo 3 in and find out.

Ive still got to put spawns in and weapons, kind of been distracted by CSR. Also I cant exactly remember where all the weapons spawn and ive been to lazy to put halo 3 in and find out.

Cool, it looked pretty good from those screens

Don't forget the Mauler and Flare ;)

^ lol, beaten to the same rubbish joke

She told me that once.

About being a machine.

(Maybe three hours ago if that.)

I personally use a dark gray American Eagle messenger bag because it was the cheapest one I could find while still being able to carry a buttload of stuff. I proudly have Wu's Cryptum pin he gave me on the front of it.

I've been debating getting my sister to sew SltyPoison's ONI patch on there too but I dunno.

IHaveIce

Banned
Gandhi says be won't cast another AGL tourney..and it is likely without him there won't be no Maven or even Ghost.

Shame. I really loved the commentary this time( except fizzor)
Way better than the Brad idiot and the other ones from AGL the last times :/

Fotos

Gandhi says be won't cast another AGL tourney..and it is likely without him there won't be no Maven or even Ghost.

RIP in peace BL4K.

I don't think we have any definitive proof that he has ever played Halo before.

Stuff in 3 looked waaaay better IMO. Everything was just too fat in Reach, and not having a good set of default shoulders drove me nuts, everything looked detached because it was.

I'm the complete opposite. I see the 'fatness' as one of the best things about Reach's Spartans. I honestly don't like how lean the Halo 3 and 4 Spartans are. To me they seem more like the bodies of long distance runners. Reach proportions just felt right going for that supersoldier look. Just take a look at a running back, these dudes are thick.

20120830_lbm_at5_273_standard_1348618711_352.jpg

DIVGAE011.JPG

I've got this one. I've also got two buttons on it. (Rin in a Bin and the Katawa Shoujo logo). I've been swapping out the button of the KS girl every week now, cycling through all of the meme ones because they tend to suppress power level ever so much, but not terribly too much.

You lost me at waifu.

I don't mind Spartans looking wiry as long as you take into account that they're usually close to 6 and a half feet tall. So they have visible muscle mass equivalent to a linebacker, it's just spread over a longer distance.

I have to admit they handled body suits bizarrely in 4, though. I think part of the problem is that they treat body suits as the silhouette of the actual body, meaning you have Chief looking like a twig compared to his older armors, regardless of how big he is.

TCKaos

You lost me at waifu.

I don't mind Spartans looking wiry as long as you take into account that they're usually close to 6 and a half feet tall. So they have visible muscle mass equivalent to a linebacker, it's just spread over a longer distance.

I have to admit they handled body suits bizarrely in 4, though. I think part of the problem is that they treat body suits as the silhouette of the actual body, meaning you have Chief looking like a twig compared to his older armors, regardless of how big he is.

You talkin' shit 'bout mai waifu?

Omni

I liked how Halo 3 and Reach's Spartan looks. Halo 4's Spartans feel a bit skinny. The weird armour doesn't help either.
I actually really like the Halo 4 armour. It's nice and sleek.

Pretty sure the person designing the helmets was high at the time however... They're just awful. Still can't believe what they did to the Commando helmet or whatever it's called (the one Carter wore in Reach). It has to be a joke..
images

Right?

TCKaos

Pretty sure the person designing the helmets was high at the time however... They're just awful. Still can't believe what they did to the Commando helmet or whatever it's called (the one Carter wore in Reach). It has to be a joke..
images

Right?

I still think someone mislabeled the Operator helmet and Commando helmet. The Operator helmet looks like a sleeker, rounder Reach Commando helmet and looks nothing like the Reach Operator helmet. Meanwhile, the new Commando helmet looks nothing like any of the other helmets. I have no idea what they were thinking.

The Reach Operator helmet was one of the best in the series :( rip

Top 5:

3 Elite Flight
Reach Elite Ranger
Reach Operator
Rogue (Specialization)
Orbital (Halo 4, no skull)

Nebula

images

Right?

But that's the best helmet in the game.

TCKaos

Top five helmets in order:

1 - Mark V (Halo: CE)
2 - Mark V (Halo 3)
3 - Mark V (Halo Anniversary)
4 - Mark V (Halo: Reach)
5 - Mark V (Halo: Legends)

I prefer Reach's armor entirely. Halo 3's felt very bulky and the colors were too bright for actual armor. I loved the grittier tone in Reach and the armor actually contoured with their body. Plus, Elites looked fucking awesome. You can't forget about them.

video%20games%20halo%20artwork%201920x1080%20wallpaper_www.wallpaperhi.com_5.jpg

Like I said earlier, everything was already in place to make it a kickass game. And then Bungie dun goofed on the actual multiplayer.

https://twitter.com/Scandhi

Link to Gandhi's twitter. Brad has apparently said behind Gandhi's back that "he's a better caster than Gandhi" and he doesn't want him back for AGL. Brad also apparently "refuses to use good gametypes" that have been compromised with 343 and Ghostayame for AGL.

Shit's going down yo

IHaveIce

Banned
Top five helmets in order:

1 - Mark V (Halo: CE)
2 - Mark V (Halo 3)
3 - Mark V (Halo Anniversary)
4 - Mark V (Halo: Reach)
5 - Mark V (Halo: Legends)

Correct, may add the Spartan helmet from Halo Wars.

I still can't believe we have no Mark V in Halo 4 but that much shit :/

TCKaos

I prefer Reach's armor entirely. Halo 3's felt very bulky and the colors were too bright for actual armor. I loved the grittier tone in Reach and the armor actually contoured with their body. Plus, Elites looked fucking awesome. You can't forget about them.

video%20games%20halo%20artwork%201920x1080%20wallpaper_www.wallpaperhi.com_5.jpg

Like I said earlier, everything was already in place to make it a kickass game. And then Bungie dun goofed on the actual multiplayer.

I fuckin' love the Reach Elites. They were easily the best in the series. The Mjolnir armor was okay, but I wish there were more actual changes in armor as opposed to fanny packs and nipple-mounted bags. Those shouldn't be removed, because they're cool, but they shouldn't count as chest armor. They should be in some catch-all "Accessories" category.

The Elite armor was amazing, though. 10/10 would enjoy their designs again.

I fuckin' love the Reach Elites. They were easily the best in the series. The Mjolnir armor was okay, but I wish there were more actual changes in armor as opposed to fanny packs and nipple-mounted bags. Those shouldn't be removed, because they're cool, but they shouldn't count as chest armor. They should be in some catch-all "Accessories" category.

The Elite armor was amazing, though. 10/10 would enjoy their designs again.

I agree. The armory wasn't as fleshed out as it could have been, but we still had tons of choices and things which are now gone. More Elite armor would have been nice too, but I get that they were giving them more distinct sets. At least we could still play as them...

I'm not gonna debate if others prefer different game's armor though. Even though I hated how much emphasis Reach had on getting cR solely to upgrade your Spartan, I know deep down I liked to customize mine. It was fun, and it's the only Spartan/Elite I've been proud of.

7S5b80B.jpg

Oh god just make a: Satchel |OT| Bcuz Everyone Else Without A Man Purse Is Salty & Jelly: Tashi Approved
-
GAF is it possible for 343 Soft Micro Industries to make Spartan Ops playable offline through an update as their Token to give later in the future for the fans?

Reach Elites were terrific. Great turn around after those goofball Halo 3 designs. Only 1 moment in Halo 3 made the elites look good.

Vadum_on_the_Shadow_of_Intent.jpg

Great scene.

I think part of the issue was that they humanized the Elites. While they did a great job doing that, it took away from the intimidation factor a lot.

Doodled two guns.

R0zLit5l.jpg

The top one was a test; I tried doing a Promethean grenade launcher in the style of the Halo 4-era Forerunner weapons. I hate how damn blocky they decided to make all the Forerunner weapons. I mean, I'm all for making them geometric, angular and calculated - but it seems like 343 decided to bulk up every faction in ways that weren't appropriate. The Incineration Cannon is a mess, for example - it looks way too overdesigned, like they tried throwing in every positive aesthetic element about a heavy Forerunner weapon but it came out cluttered because they didn't have a distinctive vision for it.

The bottom one is a really shitty draft of the Huntshot.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
The games in that article are unrelated to the 720 debut. Also it has been confirmed the two games are for current gen consoles too. I'd guess EA games. FIFA maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom