• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT16| Oh Bungie, Where Art Thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HTupolev

Yea it's Roxio. The cheap one.
NTSC composite video doesn't have any particular resolution/aspect ratio specs aside from the fact that it's 480i. You always get 480 lines high, but horizontal sampling is a crapshoot. Many systems will just go ahead and sample 720 pixels across and consider that sufficient, but that doesn't correspond in any way to the aspect ratio of the image. Fullscreen, widescreen, whatever, any given horizontal line is just an analog signal. The user has to figure out what the aspect ratio of the original image was.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
http://communitycartographers.com/

What is it?
It's a site where Forgers can come and learn about Forging and everything that comes with it.

Who is it run by?
The Community Cartographers run this site but we do accept content and resources from others that would be helpful for the general community.

Where is it?
Here:http://communitycartographers.com/

When did this come out?
We just went live today!

Why?
Our group knows what it takes to get a map into matchmaking and a lot of members are some of the best forgers around. There's still a lot to learn about Forging and the forge community so we wanted to offer a place where we can help people perfect their craft.

The site will obviously get more articles and stuff up as time goes on. We're a little light on that for the time being ;)

TCKaos

frankerz.png

Tashi pls

fixed. <3

And now the world will never know.

Im pretty sure Waypoint is also bandwidth sapping - like simply having it open in the background so you can check between matches causes a laggier connection

I dont even think its possible a website can do that - but I'm convinced it does
The default animation in the background of the stats site grinds my browser to a near halt until I turn it off.

Sweet. Would it be best to submit my map through the link at the site, or do you guys pull stuff from GAF and submit it?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
The default animation in the background of the stats site grinds my browser to a near halt until I turn it off.

Sweet. Would it be best to submit my map through the link at the site, or do you guys pull stuff from GAF and submit it?

It would probably be best to post it at the link(which is just the CommunityCartographer thread on Waypoint) but you GAF guys should just send me the link to your map personally. I would post it in Waypoint and then send it to me as well. It's much easier that way.

edit: Be safe BostonGAF

IHaveIce

Banned
http://communitycartographers.com/

What is it?
It's a site where Forgers can come and learn about Forging and everything that comes with it.

Who is it run by?
The Community Cartographers run this site but we do accept content and resources from others that would be helpful for the general community.

Where is it?
Here:http://communitycartographers.com/

When did this come out?
We just went live today!

Why?
Our group knows what it takes to get a map into matchmaking and a lot of members are some of the best forgers around. There's still a lot to learn about Forging and the forge community so we wanted to offer a place where we can help people perfect their craft.

The site will obviously get more articles and stuff up as time goes on. We're a little light on that for the time being ;)

Good stuff.

I hope everyone from here at least is safe ? Tawpgun was from Boston wasn't he? Just really sad and scary this whole stuff :(

DeadNames

Banned
May 21 eh? Neato, a week and a half after my birthday.

Tawpgun lives in boston right? Thoughts and prayers go out to BostonGAF right now.

Hey Nowise or any other modder, think you could make the flag throwable and it doesn't have to be H4? There's a lot of potential with this mechanic for future Halo games, but I think people would respond better with a video showcasing how it could function. Maybe just switch the flag/OB skins and change some traits?

Something similar to Murder Miners. And speaking of which, just realized the AR can headshot B]

Tawpgun

Anyone from Boston? Everything OK?
Me and all my friends are fine. I did have a few friends watching the marathon though. I was planning on walking over and watching it too, but we didn't feel like heading over. I've walked up and down that street dozens of times. Only a few blocks from where I live.

We hit page 117 today and it's the 117th annual marathon.

Hmmmmm.

Master Chief hates taxes?

On a serious not, it's a pretty grim scene out there. Hope the injured recover.

Me and all my friends are fine. I did have a few friends watching the marathon though. I was planning on walking over and watching it too, but we didn't feel like heading over. I've walked up and down that street dozens of times. Only a few blocks from where I live.

Wow

IHaveIce

Banned

Glad to hear you and your friends are fine, just crazy what is going on

TCKaos

Good to hear you're still with us, bro.

Fracas

#fuckonami

Glad to hear you're all right, man.

Ghazi

That's pretty bad, I'm happy it wasn't worse though because it seems like it easily could've been. I don't find this nearly as disturbing as I feel I should though, which sort of disgusts me. Happy to hear you're ok Tawpgun and I hope everyone who was injured gets a speedy recovery.

I'm not in Boston today but had a niece there. Strange stuff.

Have a good friend there. Called her instantly scared as fuck even though I knew she would be safe but you never know. She didn't even know about it. Thought the blast was part of some concert or event.

IHaveIce

Banned
That's pretty bad, I'm happy it wasn't worse though because it seems like it easily could've been. I don't find this nearly as disturbing as I feel I should though, which sort of disgusts me. Happy to hear you're ok Tawpgun and I hope everyone who was injured gets a speedy recovery.

Yeah hearing that they found more bombs that didn't detonate is kind of a small relief :/

Thouggh hearing one of the deaths is a 8 year old is just the worst.

Peoples is animals. I am disgusted.

I just dont get untargeted aggression. I can understand like REVENGE as a concept. But this I just cant fathom why?

The news here made it looks like it was a small incident (6 injured people on the initial report), then suddenly it was worse.

This is the rule of gold with early reports, same happened during Madrid's terrorist attacks on the trains.

Edit: holy shit Tawpgun, glad you and your people are fine, same for everybody :/

Tawpgun

My roommate had to walk back from work because the T was shut down. Said he saw people with cuts walking back and people were in shock.

There have been ambulances, bomb squad, and cop cars running all long the street I live on all day. Unfortunately because of the panic people have been reporting suspicious packages all across the city, including where I'm at. And the police has to respond...

Sorry for going OT but this really made me laugh:

This is like the motherload

:lol

I've definitely done this more than a few times. Amazing.

Looks like I still got it

Granted it's put some weight on since Reach...

But at least it's all one color now.

*Thanks to OdysseusVA for fixing the links.

Professional. I've always been fascinated with forgers, I almost have as much fun scoping out new maps and things around the web and messing around with them as I do playing the game.
Mapp store like reddit in halo 5 plz
Do you have all the pieces memorized and sort of build the objects in your mind first, or do you just "wing it" and throw stuff together until it fits what you're trying to create? Aesthetic forging is bananas. Ever tried a perspective piece, where it all comes together at a specific location?

Professional. I've always been fascinated with forgers, I almost have as much fun scoping out new maps and things around the web and messing around with them as I do playing the game.
Mapp store like reddit in halo 5 plz
Do you have all the pieces memorized and sort of build the objects in your mind first, or do you just "wing it" and throw stuff together until it fits what you're trying to create? Aesthetic forging is bananas. Ever tried a perspective piece, where it all comes together at a specific location?

Generally speaking, I know where and when to use the pieces now. I can look at something and I should be able to break it apart into sections that would fit with the Forge pieces. There are exceptions though where something has angles we can't replicate in Forge. I'm not great with curved ramps or anything like that either, as that usually involves some degree of advanced math with the coordinates and stuff. Magnets certainly make awkward angles easier to deal with though.

My strong point is Forerunner aesthetics. I had a pretty accurate ODST palette in Reach too, and I built that Pelican as part of it.

This is my favorite perspective forge creation. It's even more amazing that this was done in H3.

That's cool. Yea I'm not good at anything like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom